Notify
Tools

Free Elephant Hunt DVD/with caveat
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
Folks:

I've just received the video of my P.A.C. elephant hunt of March 2007. I'd be glad to send a copy to a half dozen or so folks if they promise to burn a copy or two and send them to fellow AR folks who wish to see it.

Let's do it this way:

I'll send copies to six folks in the states, one to Europe, one to OZ and one to Africa (if anyone there so wishes?) and when you've either viewed it or copied it, just come back to this thread and offer it as available on this thread. First request, you send a copy you burned or the "original".

So... who wants a copy sent to them? Just put your name down below and I'll p.m. you to get your address, etc. The first six in the states/Canada will get a copy within a week and I'll send the overseas ones a.s.a.p. So... I'll look for five U.S./Canada names and three overseas... then ya'll are on your own... I hope this makes sense. Comments after viewing are expected and you don't have to pull punches. I'm a grown young man.

The video is very well done. Not a lot of shooting, but great camp live, local villages, etc. The elephant kill shot is in the thickest stuff imaginable, but kind of fun to see. HHK did a great job with the whole hunt from meeting me at the airport to editing the video. If you have never had a hunt filmed, viewing this will encourage you to do so. It's really cool to relive the safari.

And, before anyone trashes me, I don't carry my rifle much and I have ugly legs. Smiler

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Dawna wants one....Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
I'd like one!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ernest, I'd love one!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im in!!

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
For Africa please clap

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. I would like one. Thank you very much.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I'm not too late, count me in. Thanks, Jeff

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge G

Look forward to viewing you trip. Thanks Mike

Posts: 150 | Location: Washington | Registered: 01 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge, I'd like a copy if I'm in in time. Be glad to forward a copy to someone else.

Thanks,

David Walker

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like my typing skills got me whipped again. Not surprising.

Thanks anyway and if anyone would like to forward a copy to me later I'd certainly appreciate it.

David

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent with offer to make 20 copies.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Ernest,

I'd like to have one.

David

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
How about it old man? I would enjoy seeing your video.
Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ernest,

You could send one my way...Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would be willing to be on first or second string.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...Id like to be the european guy!

Posts: 193 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ernest

I would like to have a copy of your CD.
I know the first 6 copy's are spoken for,so if someone that has the first copy's could make me a copy I will reimburse them for materials and shipping. Thanks

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Me too please.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Me too! archer

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Put me on the list for 2nd or 3rd viewing. I will be glad to copy and forward.

scott.holmes@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Judge.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
I would love to see your hunt.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What the ....??

Why not at least one to Canada!??

Volunteer!!

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
OOH ME ME, ME TOO.

I will send them out if needed. Just installed my new DVD copier yesterday.

P.O. Box 630671
Nacogdoches, Texas 75963-0671

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
I'l be interested in seeing a copy of this too, will be more than happy to forward on to the next person on the lsit or whomever ask after watching it. Thanks.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like a copy also.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kudu4u
posted Hide Post
I would love to see it. Thanks so much!

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA

Posts: 477 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I WOULD DEFINATELY LIKE A COPY AND I WILL CIRCULATE
THANKS
GEORGE

Posts: 527 | Location: New Orleans,La. | Registered: 27 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Odin:
...Id like to be the european guy!

Odin, please put me on the list of people you send a copy to.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
me 14,000,407th please.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I sent six copies to folks in the U.S. today. Dogcat has graciously agreed to make 20 copies available and upon receipt of the one I sent him... and upon the return to me of the copies, I'll get out more.

Be advised that this is more about a safari than any type of Mark Sullivan stuff. Still, there are obviously some good things I, and the PH do, and some not so good things.

For instance, when the elephant falls from the attempted brain shot and then struggles to get up, the PH doesn't hesitate to fire. (Good) And, I'm fat (bad)... but the PH knows my limits (good).... With full knowledge of the dangers, I seldom carry my rifle on safari (bad)... all this stuff plays out pretty well on the video. At one point, I reload four rounds in about 8 seconds (after having emptied the magazine in less than four seconds... aimed at that....) then later I'm so tired and drained that I just open the bolt and let the PH put in a round... All part of Africa...

I hope you will enjoy it, warts and all.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too! dancing

Melody

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to receive a copy, which I can copy and distribute.

Thanks,

Peter

Posts: 59 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 27 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please send one to Africa!!

Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you still want to send one to Canada I can burn a couple.
Thanks
Mike

Posts: 257 | Location: Canada | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guy who get one ...

I'd love to have one too. Will pass two along. The guys who receive one should each start a list.

Thanks for your consideration.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I'd like to view also, with a promise to forward!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be low on a list by now, but would be delighted to view and then copy and send copies to others.
Gary

Political correctness entails intolerance for some prejudices but impunity for others. James Taranto

Posts: 152 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G L Krause
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list please. I have plenty of empty DVD's here and am glad to burn some.

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that kills bigger deer than I do." Izaak Walton (modified)

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
JudgeG

I would be happy to burn a copy and pass onto other Aussies or Kiwis interested. I would start on thread on the Aussie/NZ forums when it arrives if not sooner.

I'll PM you my address.

Thanks very much for making your hunt video available.

John H

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote