THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The ULTIMATE DGR - Designed And Built By Walter!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The ULTIMATE DGR - Designed And Built By Walter!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Ooooooops.... homer

beer

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

This is a better deal than I offered, so in all good conscience I thought I should forward it to you for your consideration:

Repetierbüchse .45-70 für Walter

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
saeeds, i love reading about walter, laughing to hard, keep it up.

Posts: 40 | Location: MA., USA | Registered: 19 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
get a cape buff on video please Big Grin

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
mrlexma - That is a great picture! I'm generally not a fan of black and white photos, but this one is wonderful. Did you take this one yourself?

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
The videos play for me, but I cannot see anything.

500 - you'll need to update to DivX 6. You can get it from download.com

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To all my Dallas friends, it is with a heavy heart, that I tell you we have lost Rusty, he has fallen to the evils of Walter and 450 #2, Not only has this great patriot taken up with a Blaser, but also with the .45-70...It leaves me truly saddened to see one of ours hit rock bottom, if only he had said something to one of us, or did we miss the warning signs, I will forever blame myself for my own selfishness and lack of understanding to have not noticed his downhill voyage...I am so sorry! Frowner Red Face Confused bawling bewildered boohoo sofa jump

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Just write Rusty off; he's a lost cause. I hear he is taking correspondence courses on gunsmithing and handloading from Walter. Eeker

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
To all my Dallas friends, it is with a heavy heart, that I tell you we have lost Rusty, he has fallen to the evils of Walter and 450 #2, Not only has this great patriot taken up with a Blaser, but also with the .45-70...It leaves me truly saddened to see one of ours hit rock bottom, if only he had said something to one of us, or did we miss the warning signs, I will forever blame myself for my own selfishness and lack of understanding to have not noticed his downhill voyage...I am so sorry! Frowner Red Face Confused bawling bewildered boohoo sofa jump

Maybe we can help him get into a CGA (CRAP GUN ANONYMOUS) group ! If, however, he cant kick the habit, I guess we will simply buy him a box of 45-70, and a picture of a Balzer, and mark him down as lost! bawling

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Norbert
posted Hide Post
Recoil? R93? Big calibers?

Please watch this videos:
eleshot 1, 2.8 Mb
eleshot2, 1.6 Mb

from sticks, 0.7 Mb

The hunter is using a Blaser R93 and it seems, there is only minimal reaction from recoil. Pls. guess what caliber he is shooting? 22 Hornet? .308 Win? .303 ? or other?

If Walter is interested, I can give some lessons on recoil management.

The replay is best with Real Player.

PS: Why can I not edit my previous post?

Posts: 279 | Location: Europe, Eifel hills | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_captain:
mrlexma - That is a great picture! I'm generally not a fan of black and white photos, but this one is wonderful. Did you take this one yourself?

We always take loads of BW film. My wife is the photographer and she loves it. I do too.

That photograph is hers. I usually claim all the great ones, but honesty in this case compels . . . Big Grin I did, however, shoot the wildebeest. thumb

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

You simply can not help a man who doesn't know he needs help.

Rusty will need to hit rock bottom before he has his moment of clarity.

Something drastic will have to happen before he comes to the light.

It's usually something like this.

Rusty will wake under a bridge in Seattle. As his eyes open he becomes aware of the vomit, urine and feces that he's lying in are his own. Tucked under his coat and supported by bony clutching, fingers is his beloved R-93. As soon as the dank cold air fills his nostrils his damaged nerves must fulfill their burning need.

He must have more .45-70 rounds. Desperately he searches his pockets and the surrounding bodily fluid soaked soil he's slept in. No .45-70 rounds, his hands shake and he panics the pain is beyond physcological it's now physical.

Rusty can no longer enter the Wal-Mart to buy his vile wares as his credit is long expired. then he remembers the nice old lady he mugged the night before had a .45 autorim. He desperately empties the cylinder and single loads the inadequate little rounds into his Blaser. It's not the real thing but at least it'll go pop.

And then hopefully Rusty will either come to the light or be lost forever.

Let us pray for Rusty and his return to sobriety.

Please grant Rusty the strength to never pull straight again. Grant our lost brother the good sense to never mention .45-70 in the African hunting forum. We humbly pray that Rusty will have the good sense in the future to keep his vile perversions secret. Much like a serial killers hidden fun room in the basement. We just don't want to know about it.
Amen!

Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
This past weekend I got to shoot my buddy David's Blasar in 375 H&H and .257 Whby.

The accuracy of the rifle was great and function was flawless. I'm afraid that I have moved to the ranks of those who like the rifle!

Rusty, those double rifles will be insulted. You better send them to me for safe useage and storage.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Maybe we can help him get into a CGA (CRAP GUN ANONYMOUS) group ! If, however, he can’t kick the habit, I guess we will simply buy him a box of 45-70, and a picture of a Balzer, and mark him down as lost! bawling

MacD37 and Ray, now is the chance to do business with Rusty Big Grin Find a few blaser R-93 that you normally only would consider suitable as fence poles and trade them for doubles or decent bolt action rifles Razzer Razzer

Crap Gun Association jump

Cheers
/JOHAN