Notify
Tools

How Did You Find AR?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I have to add to the above post that through AR I have met some other fine friends as a result of hunting with Saeed, Horst and his lovely wife, the Vicents, and last but certainly not least Walter, who brings joy to everyone within gunshot range of him, truly a funny and bit hearted gentleman...well, most of the time! thumb

I too was lucky enough to meet that crew. What a pleasure, yes even Walter.

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I was referred here by a gun-maker friend of mine who visits often but never posts.

He said this was a great resource for information of all kinds on rifles, especially big bores, and African hunting.

He was right and I have been learning and sharing experiences with all of you wonderfully like-minded people ever since.

Nothing else on the 'net even comes close. Thanks, Saeed!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I was having my ULTIMATE SHEEP RIFLE built in the fall of 1997, winter of 1998. It was a 6.5 Gibbs. I did an internet search in early 1998 to find some reloading data on the Gibbs. The first site I found was Saeed's original 500 post one-page bulletin board. I think it was only days old at the time! I could see that Saeed was taking the time to answer EVERYONE, so I asked about the 6.5 Gibbs and of course, got a very helpful answer. I have been here ever since.

I tried out shooterstalk a few times back then, and was on Huntamerica for a few years (98 to 2000 or so), but quit them and haven't been back in a LOOONG time. I don't really check out any other forums, although I have popped by 24hourcampfire a couple times to see how JJHACK is doing.

This is my home away from home. I would feel lost without it.

Cheers,
Canuck

ps: I noticed that I might be the only one that found HA from here instead of the other way around. Smiler Saeed recommended checking it out. It wasn't too bad back then.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
I started out on HA after running into Customstox. When HA went down the shitter I moved over to AR permanent like.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Purely by accident. I found the videos first, then drifted to the chat room.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I think I also first heard of the site via HA, either that or one of the posters there sent me a link. That was back in the days of it being a one forum board.

I made a suggestion for a small bore forum to flank the big bore forum, and he asked me to be a moderator.

I guess I've been learning soaking up the collective knowledge, and making the occasional post Wink for about 7 years now. Some of the folks here I've known from the AO board, which would make that close to 10 years.

I've had the pleasure of meeting a few members in person, and hopefully will get a chance to meet several more.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HA used to be a good site, key word USED to be. It has taken a major dump due to the childish actions of its "owner".

AR is a great site with great information.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470FAN
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine sent me one of the video clips of someone shooting that 577 T-Rex as a joke. I reseched where the video came from and here I am. I really enjoy this site and there is a lifetime of information here from some very knowledgable people.

Posts: 155 | Location: Susanville, CA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of LBDave
posted Hide Post
I found out a few years ago when we had the raging debate over the 45-70 lever gun on DG. I was on Marlintalk a lot and someone posted a link. I logged in immediately. Great forum and people here I have learned way more than I've contributed.

(I was Dave In LB before the last series of updates wiped out my account so I am starting over and might be "One of Us" again soon.)

Double D
2 Chronicles 7:14

Not a new member, one of us!
Formerly Dave in LB
Chasing the Doe and not seeing the Bucks!

Posts: 12 | Location: The Beach, SoCal | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote