Find
Notify
Tools

How Did You Find AR?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
T.Carr,
I was on the old Marlin talk forum and someone made reference to the 577 T-Rex and Accurate Reloading. Bryan troll

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
much like gixxer, I got the derogatory e-mail which had a couple of the T-Rex vids attached.
I emailed my hunting partner/gunsmith/reloading friend asking him about the shooter & he said disregard all of the BS on the e-mail & go check it out. I wasn't much of a "forum" type guy - the same misperceptions about "kooks" & "never been there but this is how it is" experts. I checked out all of the vids & the reloading info, then lurked around just reading for a couple of weeks & now have never left!
Mike

"Too lazy to work and too nervous to steal"

Posts: 201 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
My PH told me.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
As far as I remember, someone sent me a link to the t-rex videos. Then I started to read the guns-related forums and the humor forum. I never had the slightest idea that hunting in Africa could ever be within my reach, it was a long time before I even looked into the African forum. Have not been to Africa yet, but I know better now and perhaps I will go in 2006. All thanks to you! Smiler

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
While planning a trip to Zim in 2003 on Hunt America I was asking about a packing list. Someone posted a link to Terry Carr's and I've been here ever since. I had previously seen and saved a link to Saeed's list of shooting videos but did not realize until then that all of this was hosted in the same place.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same as T. Carr. HA isn't even on my radar anymore. Try to check in every day.

Actually happened right after my separation, and it gave me some focus in my life. Decided what I was missing was doing something for me. So, I set a goal that I would go on safari by the time I was 50. If all goes as planned, I'll go next year - 4 years early!!!

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was hunting hippo on lake Kariba in Zim, my PH said some guy that he had hunted with recently kept talking about this web site called accuratereloading.com. He suggested I check it out some time. The rest is history. beer

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Like Marterius, a friend sent me an email about the T-Rex videos. Signed up after reviewing the forum. Have been to other sites, including the one from our "down-under" brothers. This is my favorite with the Aussie site second!

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hamdeni
posted Hide Post
I was surfing through yahoo looking for 375 h&h mag i think that was how i came to know this forum.I would like to thank every one who has been helpfull to our hunting family in this forum.

Hamdeni Smiler thumb

Posts: 1846 | Location: uae | Registered: 30 May 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
My good friend John S. started drifting from HA for the same reasons that I eventually did. He came over to AR, talked to me about the advantages that Saeed was very generously providing over here, so in time, the quality of this opportunity became unavoidable.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
About the same track as everybody else. Was on HA, then spent time on both, then I punted HA. The members on this site provide the equivelent of a graduate level education on hunting and shooting.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My route to AR was identical to T. Carr. When I came my number was 371 if I remember correctly. When Saeed had to make a major change I lost my 600 plus posts and started from zero again, which was fine with me, as long as I can gain knowledge from all you nuts daily. I was a neophyte on Africa when I came and still am after my first hunt, but I sure would have been completely lost before that hunt without you guys. beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2362 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was researching the CZ 550 firing pin retention problem and stumbled across AR. I had never been on a forum before. You guys had me at "hello".

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
looking for reloading info

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
I was over on HA mostly, and Ann mentioned this place. She said the folks here were much more of a class act than most of those at HA, and she was right.

Russ

The doing of unpleasant deeds calls for people of an unpleasant nature.

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
SBT and I were planning a Namibian hunt and he told me about the site. I don't recall how he knew about it so maybe he'll tell us.

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I googled "hunting Africa". I think it was JJHack's forum that I got to and found a link here. Been here eversince.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keith Atcheson introduced me to AR about two years ago.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same as gixxer and others-- the T-Rex videos were making the rounds some years back.

Now I want to shoot that monster myself...

Posts: 444 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some guys at Load Your Own posted a link about the .45-70 in Africa as a DGR, said something like "take a look at these lunatics!". I joined the crowd, but only in my phase. Wink

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was on a talk forum regarding White Tail hunting. One of the members mentioned it a couple of times and I came over to see what it was all about and never left.

Until I came to AR I didn't even know I wanted to hunt Africa and its "all of your" faults. My first one is May this year. Cool

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
A friend Kobus du Plessis from Impala bullets told me about the site in 2003, now I'm hooked.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I was searching the web for information concerning reloading and ran across a few other web sites first...

I have received much more than I bargined for when I joined this site. Learned a significant amount of valuable information. AR put back in my mind the thought of going to Africa (and I ended up going to Tanzania to hunt Cape Buffalo September 2004..what a trill), Big Bore Guns, and on and on...but most importantly I made a few friends here that have been very helpful!!!

Thanks AR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same as others, I saw the T-Rex video via e-mail, then googled something related to rifles and landed on a thread here. Several months later I found the T-Rex videos on the same site.

Steve

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone on another forum posted a link to here about 3 years ago. I've been an avid lurker aver since. I don't post much if at all, I learn more from reading than typing my opinions or experiences. I must say, this is the preeminent place for real, honest experienced hunters. I thank Saeed and the rest of you for the education and humor.
Mark

NRA Life Member

Posts: 103 | Location: Northern Michigan, USA | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to check out the Go Go Varmint Go! forum daily to satisfy my ground squirrel shooting affliction and there was mention of the Big Bore section of AR and of Mike375 in particular (in a very positive way! Big Grin) At the time my "big bores" were a 45-70 and a 338 Lapua Eeker . Now I dream of African quarry, have been to a national SCI convention, have multiple 375s, 416s, 458 Lotts and a 550 Magnum in progress. How influential would you say AR has been to me?

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
googled a search for a 577T-Rex back in 97 or 98 and the reat is history.

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Searched the net for reloading data. I used the reloading-section quiet some time before I registered at the forum.. But haven`t regretted.. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My story is the same as a lot of others...

When I got kicked off/banned from HA, another member suggested I come here.

I can't help but notice how many posts say "used to go to HA, now here, haven't been back to HA since". I wonder how many guys at HA say the opposite? I doubt very many! Razzer

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
I had run an add in Safari Times aboout the 470 Mbogo to see if there was any interest and found the Shooters.com site about the same time. Mike 375 saw the post on Shooter.com and sent me an e-mail about Saeed's site and put up a post for me. I've never looked back and made a good number of great friends through the site and I'm truly grateful to Saeed for this.
Take good care,
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I I just did a search ?? or followed a link I forget.

But I do know you pack of Bastards have cost me a lot of money jump

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I booked a hunt with JJ Hack at Landelani lodge in RSA. There was a group of hunters at the lodge and two of the moderators here (Chris known as Canuck and Don) were part of the group. These guys turned me on to the site.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
Searching for reloading info, just like 375hnh.

Congressional power is like a toddler with a hammer. There is no limit to the damage that can be done before it is taken away from them.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Ridge Taylor dropped by my house one afternoon and told me about a client who canceled a Tanzania buffalo hunt. He wanted to know if I was interested. He made me a hell of a deal. I then began checking the web for Africa hunting information. I found Huntchat.com and from there found a link to AR. I've been here every since. Best site on the entire web!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Belarus>
posted
I have been interested in big bores for quite a while. I guess there has always been a latent interest in hunting Africa. In pursuit of big bore info I came upon the forum hosted at cordite.com. I actually had the privilege of being the first poster there. As with the several others, I read references to AR and decided to check it out. I've been here for the last two plus years albeit with a different handle. Needless to say, now my interest for hunting Africa is more than latent.

Regards,
Eric

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I first got my PC for contract work, I somehow found Nickudu's old site and found AR then. Back then, Nitro Express was Mark Sullivan's site name for awhile. I guess you guys are stuck with me. I ain't going away.

Cool Cool Big Grin wave

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it was the Sierra matchking.....Not a Hunting Bullet post (maybe we should bring it back sofa ) that got me hooked and signed up.

Now I better go and hide before the crowd with pitch forks and torches come looking for me Cool

one of us
posted Hide Post
My kids forced me into the internet world with me kicking and screaming no all the way...The showed me how to get on a chat room and said it would help business...I appeased them with the intent of not doing it once they wandered off on some other endevor..that was on Hunt America, but then I wondered over to AR about the time it came into being I think, and quickly found out that is where the best folks hung out, and the folks that knew more about Africa..

I quit HA and left them with little Billy Tibbe and his constant line of BS and hate mongering, and Saeed had kicked him outta here....

I became very good personal friends with Saeed and we have hunted the Selous together several times and as a friend of his I think it only honorable that I stay around and help those I can, and on ocassion piss off everyone over some unimportant trivia..but all in good fun...

I never take any of this stuff too serious, and thats the best advise that I can give to anyone that posts on here......

In the last 6 years I have not seen any earth shaking developments come about, but I have made an awful lot of very good friends, folks that I have come to respect and consider it an honor to call them friend, they hang around Dallas, hunt with me and give me a line of do-do for the most part, and for that I am eternally gratefull...

Good friends, good booze, and a pretzel now and then is hard to beat....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to add to the above post that through AR I have met some other fine friends as a result of hunting with Saeed, Horst and his lovely wife, the Vicents, and last but certainly not least Walter, who brings joy to everyone within gunshot range of him, truly a funny and bit hearted gentleman...well, most of the time! thumb

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Similar to LV eric for me, but a bit later- 1998 early 99. Scouring for info on the 585 nyati.I think I got linked straight to a post by Mitch carter and his 577 Trex loads.

Karl.

Posts: 3533 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote