THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    PROHIBITION OF ANIMAL “HUNTING TROPHIES” CARRIAGE ON EMIRATES SERVICES
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PROHIBITION OF ANIMAL “HUNTING TROPHIES” CARRIAGE ON EMIRATES SERVICES
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any new info on this?

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Our normally outspoken host is awfully quiet on this one. So SCI gets the Delta petition nixed . . . I guess the score is SCI 1 and Saeed 0. Wink

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Our normally outspoken host is awfully quiet on this one. So SCI gets the Delta petition nixed . . . I guess the score is SCI 1 and Saeed 0. Wink

Ironic:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...8121043/m/4971051012

Is there going to be another boycott Saeed Roll Eyes

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
It would not surprise me if Saeed were having a conversation with Emirates and, if so, would keep quiet until it was concluded.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milo Shanghai:
It would not surprise me if Saeed were having a conversation with Emirates and, if so, would keep quiet until it was concluded.

That would be great.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Delta and SCI, shame on Emirates and SAA! I Honestly thought the folks at Emirates had more brains than the dump ones running SAA guess I was wrong...

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed has not posted any comments - this to me is a good sign Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The silence is deafening.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
Ant news yet?

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ethiad Airlines (another Emirates Company) joined the embargo today. This is getting serious.

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.etihadcargo.com/pag...-animalproducts.aspx

Paragraph 5 in attached link.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I received this yesterday (12th)

Fifth Airline Announces Ban on Hunting Trophies

Another airline has announced it will no longer accept hunting trophies on its planes. Etihad Airways made the announcement yesterday through Network Airline Services, which sent the news to business partners cancelling all bookings for shipment of trophies. The ban is with immediate effect. This occurred despite the recent Memorandum of Understanding between CITES and IATA (International Air Transport Association) that we told you about in an Email Extra Bulletin on June 10.

Etihad is the national airline of the United Arab Emirates and also has a cargo division that flies to and from numerous hunting destinations in Africa as well as Asia-Pacific, Europe, The Middle East and North America. The no-hunting-trophies policy has been posted to Etihad Cargo's website under its Animals & Products section. This makes five airlines since this past May that have announced bans on hunting trophies.

The hunting community worldwide had hoped that the MoU between CITES and IATA (International Air Transport Association) would stop the recent cascade of airlines embargoing trophy shipments, but Etihad is a member of IATA and apparently announced its decision after the agreement between CITES and IATA had been announced. - Barbara Crown, Editor in Chief

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So can anyone tell me why Emirates AND Etihad feel so strongly about being 'front and centre' on banning trophy shipments??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Elliott:
Ethiad Airlines (another Emirates Company) joined the embargo today. This is getting serious .

Indeed.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
So can anyone tell me why Emirates AND Etihad feel so strongly about being 'front and centre' on banning trophy shipments??

One possibility - a public relations stunt to pander to the progressive/liberal passenger base in Europe and India.

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by accipiter1:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:

One possibility - a public relations stunt to pander to the progressive/liberal passenger base in Europe and India.
Yeah, could be right mate.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I was told that N.American trophies (racks) were not profitable for the airlines to transport due to shape and problems of damage during handling. Wonder if African trophies have similar issues, airlines would be more inclined to side with the antis if transport of trophies wasn't as profitable as other cargo. Would like to hear any info on this from those in the airline industry.

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 86thecat:
Years ago, I was told that N.American trophies (racks) were not profitable for the airlines to transport due to shape and problems of damage during handling. Wonder if African trophies have similar issues, airlines would be more inclined to side with the antis if transport of trophies wasn't as profitable as other cargo. Would like to hear any info on this from those in the airline industry.

Highly unlikely as all trophies from Africa have to be properly packed and crated. Volumes and or weights are then the governing factors on which the airlines will decide to apply charges for carriage.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Saeed has not posted any comments - this to me is a good sign Wink

Some of you guys are such ass kissers

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The UAE Emirati power elite rulers are happy with many things that Saeed is not happy with.
Saeed Ive noticed doesn't like saying much on any subject that doesn't reflect well on the UAE.

Like Ive said before..
Emirates,Ethiad,Qatar airways- receive heavy subsidies from their 'Big Brother' US and European partner carriers.
When such US and Euro carriers are their 'sugar daddies', who knows how much pull is coming through them
and where such influential pull might be really originating from.

another thing to consider,
the US and UAE hold a rather substantial defense cooperation agreement,
which is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to the security OF UAE in the volatile M.E climate(threat from Iran and also ISIL)
It wouldn't take much to 'request an unofficial small favor'...to ask UAE to slightly alter its air carrier policies,
in the interests of maintaining good diplomatic relations.... Wink

Considering:
- how much military contract hardware the UAE purchase from the USA,
- how many US mil. bases and US troops stationed in UAE,
- How much money that all involves
- how important it all is to the heavy money 'big picture' of the UAE capitalist economy industries,
(which includes substantial foreign investor interests IN UAE),

>>>....then, it would be easy to understand that, a minuscule issue of not being able to ship hunting trophies on Emirates Air,
don't count for jack-sh*t. ... The interest of the whole UAE economic model, come well before anything petty & irrelevant like that.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, any comments on this??

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I would imagine Saeed has made plenty of comments to the people he needed to make comments to.

Deal is, Saeed is still just a member of the Royal Family, and in the grand scheme of things, what is good for Saeed may not be what is best for the Royal Family or the country.

I imagine when Saeed has a comment that he feels is worth sharing, he will share it.

Sad fact of life for everyone around the world, families are businesses, and what may be good for one family member/business partner, may not be good business for the majority.

To me, and I have never really had the desire to go to Africa, but, if airlines world wide are adopting this policy, what is going to be the overall effect on the hunting community?

Another aspect being what effect will this have on the economies of the countries that do depend on some of their income from international hunters?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
Saeed, any comments on this??

He did comment already on another thread where I asked him about it. He stated he has no influence whatsoever!

Here is the reference:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...891066112#3891066112

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post something about EL AL Airlines and he won't be able to resistSmiler

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

You mean something like: "Mark Sulivan seen boarding El Al Airlines on his way to the SCI convention"?

THAT should send him over the edge! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I cannot, for the life of, understand hero worship! animal

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Saeed, this thread was started on May 13th...it took you until today, July 2nd, to respond here? Guys are asking for your input this whole time and you post the above useless comment, after all thus time, exactly ONE comment from my El Al reference...did I strike a nerveSmiler?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Saeed:

Saeed, this thread was started on May 13th...it took you until today July 2nd, to respond? Hmm...

Guys have been asking you for your input this whole time and you post the above useless comment!? Your response is exactly ONE comment away from my El Al reference...did I strike a nerveSmiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

You mean something like: "Mark Sulivan seen boarding El Al Airlines on his way to the SCI convention"?

And sitting in between Bush and Cheney

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cannot, for the life of, understand hero worship!

Sensible folk who simply understand that MS is free to hunt in any 'legal' manner that suites him,
is NOT hero worship.

Instead of being obccessed with MS,...I thought you would be much more concerned about;

UAE president Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahyan who hunts rare & endangered Bustards
and who sent $25,000,000. to support M.E. terrorist groups!

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me either. But some here obviously gave you more credit than you deserved!

clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Me either. But some here obviously gave you more credit than you deserved!

clap

I don't ever remember anyone mentioning that you cannot walk in my shoes.

Though I have seen it posted here that non of us are good enough to walk in Mark Sullivan's shoes rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And sitting in between Bush and Cheney

Or they made an exception and his tusks are flying first class with him... dancing

Saeed, MS hunts barefoot, Tarzan style. He's impervious to thorns.

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote