Find
Notify
Tools

John Greeff Relief Fund
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
I was one of the lucky ones to have spent some time with John and Larry this past weekend. Let me also reasure everyone as Larry stated previously. John Greeff can shoot left handed with no problems!!! After he made a couple of adjustments with Larry's guidance, he was busting clays consistently. Here is a link to a quick video I put together of John with a shotgun and his new CZ 458 Lott in his paws.
Thanks again Larry for the hospitality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmgAF_nhtjM

Martin

Posts: 168 | Location: Nokomis Florida | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, John did great! Hope he enjoyed all the snow too!

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
It was very impressive to watch John shoot left handed. Larry gave him a couple of pointers and next thing you know, he was busting clays. Larry's friend Ray and I stood back in disbelief as he got better with every round. I would say he shot better than me, but you know that doesn't take much Wink

Martin

Posts: 168 | Location: Nokomis Florida | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry was amazing in his support. We at Something More Safaris were happy to play a small part in helping John and leveraging the Boddington Relief Fund. Please check out our web site of you would like to help establish a fund for the John's of the future.

I would also like to welcome Larry to the board of SMS!!!

Dave Dunn - Founder Something More Safaris

One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
Dave, sorry we weren't able to catch meet up in Harrisburg. It was good meeting with Tara and Eric while I was there. I am sure we will get a chance to meet in the near future. It is a big plus having Larry on the board.

Martin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just caught this thread which I thought had gone to neverlands/
did not get to visit with John and Vckie as much as we had hhoped. Flight problems from LA delayed him such that they did not get to spend the night with me or go Bass Fishing....a passion with John and esp Vickie!
I did get to spend several hours with John at Wes Hixon's Open House and see Vickie for a few minutes.

since John cant currently hear with his right ear and I can barely hear with my left, it would have been quite funny watching us talk!
It was great to see them again and their continuing very positive attitude!
Since John turns purple when temps drop below 50F, I would have loved to have seen him "up North"!!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
Tom, John did pretty well with the cold in Detroit. I never heard him say a peep about the cold. Ok maybe on the last day. I think they were ready to get back to Africa. I have quite a bit of video of us shooting clays and the big bores. It was a lot of fun.

Martin

One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
Larry has shipped the remaining paintings over to me. Please send me a PM if interested in them. Remember 100% of this is going directly to help John and Vicki while John is on the mend.

Martin

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Hi Martin, how many of Vicki's paintings are left?

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking. The Tusk and Rainbow Zebra are sold. still have a few left.We are still trying to get them sold and funds to Vicki and John. I heard John had some more surgery on his right ear in Joburg last week.
I will update the classified with what is left.

Martin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Martin, you are right and to keep everyone updated, John had ear surgery this last week and they have fixed it now so that his ear should remain open once healed. The problem was that it was closing up upon healing and his hearing was affected. His hearing in that ear is fine as long as the ear stays open which it should do now. I plan to go over there in a couple of weeks and chase some elephant around with him so will let all know how it goes. Thanks for helping move the remainder of the paintings.

Larry

York, SC