Find
Notify
Tools

John Greeff Relief Fund
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You don't master a bow.

YOu take his offer to put the cost of the donated hunt toward a rifle hunt for some SERIOUS troply deer.

THEn YOU agonize ALL YEAR OVER WHAT WILL BE THE PERFECT RIFLE TO USE FOR THE HUNT.

iN MY CASE IT WILL BE THE 8X68s. :d

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Larry,

If it is not too late put me down for another ticket, a total of 3.

Thanks
Graeme
AKA" Nitro450exp"

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE FROM VICKIE:
The boys are progressing well enought that she went to Bulawayo today to get some rest and see the two girls. This has been the longest she has ever been apart from them. She will return to Milpark on Aug 2.
They took a patch of skin from Dustin's thigh for the grafting. Cleaned dead skin, restiched and patched on toe next to big toe. It will definitely be saved. Did some more repairs on toe next to little toe which they were afraid would be lost---it was crushed but are now highly hopeful it will also be saved. Dusty will be on crutches for a while and is quite unhappy with still being at Milpark but understnads if a problen developed in Bulawayo, he would be in trouble.
John still has infection so surgery has not yet been completed on facial nerves. He will go back to surgery tomorrow for a look and if everything okay, proceed. The infection is around his damaged outer ear. They do not know yet if eye will be replaced with an artificial one but it is likely as part of the nerve damage keeps him from closing his eyelid and that could cause future problems.
Vickie fears some depression is setting in due to the long hospital stay with at least a couple of weeks left. John wants out and learning to go forward with his life. He strongly maintains he will be hunting next season!
Keep them in your thoughts and prayers!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Also, if your me, how the heck you will master a bow by 2011 so I don't embarass myself in front of Aaron!

The archery hunt is SO much fun, you cannot imagine. If the winner wants to hunt with his bow, he needs to worry about nothing other than "shooting the deer", when the time comes. We'll take care of everything else.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Larry - I sent Aaron an email about some tickets. The neophyte in me cannot figure out how to PM you. If tickets are left, I will FedEx out a chck tommorrow and send you the FedEx confirmation. You are doing a really great thing.

I cannot say that I know Mr. Greef but I am a small business owner and I sufferred a major injury at the age of 34. Multiple spine surgeries later and my life is going forward. But it has been tough and it was only because of the help of friends and family that I am doing as well as I am.

Please take some unsolicitaed advice from a complete stranger - one who has been there - the money will help but this man needs his friends and family more han anyone can imagine. Depression is almost inevitable under these types of circumstances. Watch your friend closely and be there to talk to him - it may save his life.

Hopefully the small contributions the rest of us can make will help support this family while they support Mr. Greef's recovery.

Again, this is a great thing you are doing and I wish Mr. Greef the very best.

Best regards,

Michael (a/k/a "Cleathorn")

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cleathorn:
Please take some unsolicitaed advice from a complete stranger - one who has been there - the money will help but this man needs his friends and family more han anyone can imagine. Depression is almost inevitable under these types of circumstances. Watch your friend closely and be there to talk to him - it may save his life.

Amen!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vickie advises she has been "bullying" John to make him get up, go for a walk, sit outside. In addition to the long stay and traumatic injuries, people "staring" at him when he walks or goes out is bothering him
If you are situated where you can visit him, do NOT take NO for an answer! Make him get up and out!!
I almost lost my youngest by not recognizing depression signs. He is fine and well adjusted now but depression can kill!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in Mexico now and working from a hotel internet. Raffle has gone very well and i think we are done. some of you that have offered to buy any remaining do not give up as there stil may be a few.

Regarding john I have the same info as Tom from Vickie. I have been talking to john frequently and have been doing all possible as you guys mention to keep his spirits up. He most likely has a couple of weeks left in Jburg and wants to spend a bit of that away from the hostpital with his father. He had another surgery today on the nerves that work his eye closing and opening. It is the normal time I talk to him so I will let you know how he feels or maybe today he is too tired to talk. We will see.

Michael, it was good to talk to you and your thoughts hit home deeply. John needs the support of his friends more than ever.

Will let you all know Friday status of Raffle sales. Draw is for sure this saturday. Nitro450exp, Bill73, maybe Chris Lozano, and a couple of others (old and cannot remember all AR names) will be there. If you are in the Michigan area try to join us.

Thanks for all of your help and support,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with John and the first and last things he said were to express his thanks to all of your for your words, thoughts, prayers, and support. This means a lot to him at this time. His surgery today went well and he was in a little pain but the pain killers were starting to work as we talked. The discussion went rapidly to talking of hunting, guns, etc. So some of you know we are discussing an idea of getting a double built from John from one of our own. I cannot say who yet as we have not finalized the details but the goal will be to get a gun in his hands and have some fun with it. In case any were concerned, this will not come from any of the donations or raffle proceeds but from other sources. If anyone has interest in being part of the double rifle project PM me and we will discuss it.

He is anxious to get back in the bush, there is no doubt.

Again thanks,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Larry,

May we all be as blessed as John to have good friends like you. Good work!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I've not been on A-R as much as I used to be but feel it important to weigh in here. I know Larry well as we have broke bread, gone shooting, and hunted together. Early on he invited me to be involved in the winner/drawing process but I have a scheduling conflict this Saturday and can't make it to Grand Rapids.

That said, if there are any of you on the fence about buying a ticket, do so with complete confidence. Larry is 'straight arrow' and every penny will go for it's intended purpose and everything is on the up and up. Count on it. You are welcome to call me at my office (8am-4pm EST) and speak personally to me about his creds; (+) 248 858 1499

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Raffle update

We are close enough we will certainly draw this saturday at our inaguraral DRSS shoot in Grand Rapids.

I have held tickets now for some for around 10 days and not seen funds yet so I have no choice but to put them up for sale. Do not fear if you have informed me that your check is coming, etc. as I am counting on it and have in most cases communicated back to you not to worry.

This leaves us with between 5 and 10 tickets to sell to have the total 150 gone. Butch, we even beat your timing estimate. A couple of you that offered to buy some more and received an affirmative email from me confirming that you have more tickets, you are in for the additional that you wanted, do not worry. If you want more, the first PM's to me will get them. If you PM me, give me your phone number as I cannot PM back on my blackberry. I feel confident we will get these sold between now and Friday so the drawing is on!

Thanks again for your support of John Greeff and family.

Larry

York, SC

posted Hide Post
Larry - I sent yo that PM. I finally figured out the techology. I will take whatever tickets you have and make a matching donation to Craig's foundation f/b/o Jogn Greff at least up to the amount I mentioned in my email. I am following up on the other things we discussed.

Just call or email me and I will get you the money before Saturday.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cleathorn:
Larry - I sent yo that PM. I finally figured out the techology. I will take whatever tickets you have and make a matching donation to Craig's foundation f/b/o Jogn Greff at least up to the amount I mentioned in my email. I am following up on the other things we discussed.

Just call or email me and I will get you the money before Saturday.

Cleathorn - It was a pleasure getting your message, and thank you for all the help. EVERYONE involved is greatful, and we appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am personally touched as I know Larry and Wes are for the outpouring of help and support for John and the Greeff family especially from those who niether hunted with nor know them!
Thank you so much!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, we are all sold out and if you have a confirmation back from me then you are in. All tickets are being mailed out today but you may not have them in hand yet for the drawing. It will be this Saturday at our inagural DRSS shoot in Michigan hosted by Bill73. In attendance as witness to the draw will be Bal, Chris Lozano, Nitro450exp (Graeme Stewart), Brett Hoop (not sure of AR name) and myself. Remember there are 4 prizes and I will do my best to call each of you with your win. Remember that it is to be the decision of the winner to declare themselves if they so choose. Do not worry if you do not have your stub yet. I have the important piece and a spreadsheet that has it all reconciled.

I will get my thoughts together better tomorrow and post some comments.

Again, thanks to all for your support.

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent job Larry especially in light of your recent travel schedule. Good luck to all who entered. Please keep the health updates coming as you get them and are able.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

In a flurry of activity I was able to sell 7 tickets for the raffle.
I purchased 2 for personal consumption.
I will be a witness at the drawing, but since I actually hold 2 tickets for my self, will not actually participate in the drawing of the tickets them selves, I feel that any participation in the actual event, other than being present as a witness would be a conflict of interest.

Cheers and Good Luck all !
Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Raffle is closed and tomorrow is the Draw. Best of luck to all of you that have supported this effort and participated in the raffle and for many of you that have provided support in the event itself. Tomorrow we will just announce the winning nunmbers and then not say much more about this particular item so I wanted to close with some comments.

First, a huge thanks to many that provided....

Guidance (Craig, Shakari, Aaron, Butch)

Ticket selling (Aaron, Nitro45exp, Greg Brownlee all did great jobs--Aaron has a super powerful contact list)

Product Support - Butch for making the rifle cost extremely manageable. Butch, you have earned my respect and that of many others for your help and support, to Aaron for the Mule Deer hunt, and to 375LVR for the Kodak Cameras

AR - Saeed, enough cannot be said about how this website enables us to learn more, stay connected, and in this case help out a fellow friend in need. Thank you

And of course to all of you for the words of support and for participating in the raffle. Just too many to name. It seems strange but I personally have become connected to many of you bacause of this that I would not have been otherwise. As I am not in the raffle, that has made me a winner in all aspects. The support has been phenominal and for the few of you that stepped up to take the last of the tickets, a special thank you.

I am also appreciative of all of you that recognized that I have had a busy travel schedule the last several weeks and have been patient with me on responses, etc. I will be here now for a few weeks and can make sure this gets all sorted and closed.

Plans will be to get all money finalized next week, get all proceeds to SMS for distribution to the Greeffs in a timely manner which should be by Mid-August at the latest.

After the draw is final tomorrow my posts from that point on will be to update you as I hear from John and I am sure Tom Waller will do the same. I have talked to John pretty much daily the last few days and he is way past wanting to get out of that hospital. He is hopeful that he can get out tomorrow to spend the next few weeks with his father. He will have to go back and forth to the hospital for some more minor ops but at this point I think these are outpatient surgeries. He hopes to get back to Bullawayo within a few weeks and begin life again. This incident happend July 6th, so it is now almost 5 weeks in process. Dustin is back in Bullawayo with successful skin grafts and is on a 6 week limited activity status. My understanding is that he will return to Tanzania for the back end of the season.

John again expressed his thanks to all of you. I am sure we will probably hear directly from him in the next couple of weeks.

Again, thans for your support.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
Raffle is closed and tomorrow is the Draw. Best of luck to all of you that have supported this effort and participated in the raffle and for many of you that have provided support in the event itself. Tomorrow we will just announce the winning nunmbers and then not say much more about this particular item so I wanted to close with some comments.

First, a huge thanks to many that provided....

Guidance (Craig, Shakari, Aaron, Butch)

Ticket selling (Aaron, Nitro45exp, Greg Brownlee all did great jobs--Aaron has a super powerful contact list)

Product Support - Butch for making the rifle cost extremely manageable. Butch, you have earned my respect and that of many others for your help and support, to Aaron for the Mule Deer hunt, and to 375LVR for the Kodak Cameras

AR - Saeed, enough cannot be said about how this website enables us to learn more, stay connected, and in this case help out a fellow friend in need. Thank you

And of course to all of you for the words of support and for participating in the raffle. Just too many to name. It seems strange but I personally have become connected to many of you bacause of this that I would not have been otherwise. As I am not in the raffle, that has made me a winner in all aspects. The support has been phenominal and for the few of you that stepped up to take the last of the tickets, a special thank you.

I am also appreciative of all of you that recognized that I have had a busy travel schedule the last several weeks and have been patient with me on responses, etc. I will be here now for a few weeks and can make sure this gets all sorted and closed.

Plans will be to get all money finalized next week, get all proceeds to SMS for distribution to the Greeffs in a timely manner which should be by Mid-August at the latest.

After the draw is final tomorrow my posts from that point on will be to update you as I hear from John and I am sure Tom Waller will do the same. I have talked to John pretty much daily the last few days and he is way past wanting to get out of that hospital. He is hopeful that he can get out tomorrow to spend the next few weeks with his father. He will have to go back and forth to the hospital for some more minor ops but at this point I think these are outpatient surgeries. He hopes to get back to Bullawayo within a few weeks and begin life again. This incident happend July 6th, so it is now almost 5 weeks in process. Dustin is back in Bullawayo with successful skin grafts and is on a 6 week limited activity status. My understanding is that he will return to Tanzania for the back end of the season.

John again expressed his thanks to all of you. I am sure we will probably hear directly from him in the next couple of weeks.

Again, thans for your support.

Larry

Yep! I second all of that, and thank everyone for all the help. Good luck in the drawing, and we all hope to hear from John soon.

Regards,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of x-ring
posted Hide Post
Simply adding kudos to all the above. Truly inspiring to know that friends and strangers alike would step up to help him get sorted out.

Very to hear that John (et.al.) are on the mend. Though not directly related--I am familiar with those who've had life changed by traumatic injury (veterans). The body heals in an amazingly predictable way (generally speaking) but the psyche is quite another matter.

I don't know John at all--but simply knowing WHAT he does tells me that he'll need the support of those closest by helping him normalize his life as much as possible. In so many words--to get back on the horse and ride.

God bless all in their efforts to help him get that first leg up in the stirrup.

RECTUM NON BUSTUS

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Who drew the raffle ticket for the double rifle? The suspense is killing me!

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
i think larry will fill us in later, who knows it might have been a very fun shoot and it takes a bit of time for them to come to their sences again Smiler

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
It had to be me - yesterday was my birthday. But, I haven't heard from them yet. Frowner

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Is this your ticket?????? I know it was not mine. It was a very fun day for a great cause. L to R Chris Lozano -BigBBear -Dr Tim Burkhart -Nitro450exp - Bill73 - Jason Johnson

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Lozano:
Is this your ticket?????? I know it was not mine. It was a very fun day for a great cause.

Names please?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will post raffle outcome in a few hours. Guys in photo at first DRSS shoot are left to right when looking at the picture..

Chris Lozano Not sure
Larry Burgin (BigBBear) Heym 88B Safari 500NE
Dr. Tim Burkhart (Dr. Tim I think) Kriegoff Classic 500NE
Graeme Stewart (Nitro450exp)Kriegoff 470NE
Bal (Bill73)Heym PH 450/400
Jason Johnson Not sure but I think another Heym in 470NE

All AR members. Taking the pictures and not in the photo was AR member Brett Hoop.

I think Bal will do a write up on the shoot but it was a lot of fun. We had 8 of there in total.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As you all know drawing held yesterday at the first DRSS shoot in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Present were those above. Jason Johnson brought an official tumbling machine.
Winners will need to announce themselves by name.

Winners

Searcy Field Grade #133
Deer Hunt #148
Kodak Camera #28
Kodak Camera #80

All winners have been notifed. Thanks again to you all for supporting this effort. All Proceeds will be sent to SMS this coming week and we expect distribution to The Greeffs by middle of August latest.

Larry

York, SC

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Hey: Congrats to the winners from Ticket 69. It was fun thinking for a few days there that I might own a Searcy! Now to get the Greefs back on their feet!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I love the "Anti Broken Middle Finger Device" on Bill73's right hand.

Saeed was right that we needed names, but we also need to know about the hardware.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will, updated my names to include the rifles that I could remember.

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Hey: Congrats to the winners from Ticket 69. It was fun thinking for a few days there that I might own a Searcy! Now to get the Greefs back on their feet!

Ditto from 54 and 55. By the way, nice hardware there in Michigan.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Ha ha yes !sure keeps my finger from getting banged up,it's a custom device,a piece of tape and packing foam.
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
I love the "Anti Broken Middle Finger Device" on Bill73's right hand.

Saeed was right that we needed names, but we also need to know about the hardware.

This was what we all had the opportunity to play with,

Heym 500 NE
Heym 470 NE
Heym 450/400
Krieghoff 500 NE
Krieghoff 470 NE
Cz 458 Lott O/U
Chapuis 9.3x74R
45/70 shotgun with inserts
it was a fun shoot,enjoyed meeting everybody.

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friends, again thank you all for your support. The raffle is officially over but the fundraising must continue to please visit Something More Safaris when you get a chance. There are many opportunities to do tax deductible donations.

Sadly, it will not be long before another friend be it John, another PH, a tracker, etc, is in need and we will all be there to support. It is clear to me now that we need a new and more robust way to create this type of funding. I personally am going to devote signifiant energy as I am sure others will to create a funding level that will ensure we are not caught flatfooted next time. I remain impressed with the AR family and what you have all done to support.

An update on John. I have talked to him most days and he was hoping to be with his father this weekend in an out-patient concept but a remaining infection is keeping him in the hospital. He is clearly getting stronger and more bullish each and every day which is a good thing. I feel certain within a couple of weeks we will hear from him and hear the story directly. He frequently empresses his thanks to all of you.

Thanks,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Is John able to access emails from hospital?

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

A very big thanks to all who participated in the fund raising efforts.
A huge thanks to Larry for all of his hard work.
It was truly a pleasure to meet everyone.
Bal, thanks for hosting, and I look forward to tipping another beer with you soon.
Dr Tim and Larry thanks for letting me shoot your 500's alas I did not win so I will not be getting a Searcy 500 soon.

I very enjoyable day indeed.

Cheers Nitro

DRSS, BASA

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope someday others can hear the words of John's wife that I and a few others heard this weekend. Believe me all participants in this effort are winners.

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!
Wes just this minute called from JoBurg at Boeties's house and said someone wishes to talk with you!
John is OUT of the hospital and at his father's! Just got there a short while ago!
He sounded in great spirits and we even laughed a couple of times during the conversation!
He again expressed his great thanks for all who having given and offered support!

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Again, a big "thank-you" to Larry Burgin and Aaron Neilson for all of the heavy lifting and hard work they did making this happen! Also to Butch Searcy who kindly made a rifle available at cost for the benefit! And all the others who came together and donated time and money to make this happen for John!

Three cheers for the lot of you... hip, hip...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
As you all know drawing held yesterday at the first DRSS shoot in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Present were those above. Jason Johnson brought an official tumbling machine.
Winners will need to announce themselves by name.

Winners

Searcy Field Grade #133
Deer Hunt #148
Kodak Camera #28
Kodak Camera #80

All winners have been notifed. Thanks again to you all for supporting this effort. All Proceeds will be sent to SMS this coming week and we expect distribution to The Greeffs by middle of August latest.

Larry

Congrats to the winners! I was not given any ticket numbers so I am not sure, but I have to assume it wasn't me. Smiler

Good news about John and glad to hear he's on the mend!!

Cheers
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote