THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Second Annual - Who, what, when, where?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second Annual - Who, what, when, where?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to go to Zimbabwe on May 31st and return June 10th. I don't know where I'm going but Graham Hingeston of HHK is making a plan.

I have a ticket I have to use for Delta 200 & 201 on those days, so I hope we can work something out, even if its just sitting by a fire somewhere and listening to some guy tell about the elephant that chased him that afternoon with a hyena whooping it up as his accompanist. Big Grin

As many of you know (including 700Nitro Roll Eyes ) I broke my leg in a bizarre incident in the courthouse and thought I'd lost my chance for a safari this year. Thankfully, Delta extended the duration of my cancellation certificate for the length of time I'm recuperating from my broken leg. They didn't have to do that and their consideration so will let me get to Africa this year... I hope!

Emmy (my hunting daughter) and I will go to Manitoba on a bear hunt the week of May 19th and I'll take Anna, the other girl, to Jackson, Wyoming for some mountain horseback riding.

I'm doing quite will with my broken leg and able to get around with a walking cast and a cane. In another month, the doctor says it can come off and I can begin short walks and then move quickly to several miles.

Can't wait for the adventures (or to get this damn black boot off my leg!)

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
August 4th - 12th: Off to Kenya to the Mount Kenya Safari Club for a few days and then to their Masai Mara camp to see the wildebeest migration with my much better half.

September 20th - October 1st: Mozambique with bwanajay to Zambeze Delta Safaris for buffalo, sable, etc. I have always wanted to see and hunt the Marromeu Swamps!

October 24th - 28th: Maine, Libby Camps to hunt woodcock and ruffed grouse and hopefully catch up to and share a drink with Mike Robinson!

November: The usual deer treks to the ranch and...

December: Mule deer on the La Mota Ranch south of Marfa and west of Lajitas!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm doing 3 back to back safaris with 47 days door to door this year starting with 10 days with Terry Anders/Forever African Safaris in Zim. We'll be visiting 4 of the areas he hunts and trying for a big croc, a couple of zebra and perhaps a hippo on land at night. Yikes! Terry and his wife Sheona are some of the nicest people I know so this should be great fun. Then we're off to Zambia with John DuPlooy for 21 days on the Luangwa. We'll try for both cats and not much else. I will have a client along that wants a buffalo and hippo so that will work nicley for baits. I've booked for the Du Plooys for several years and love working with them so I'm really looking forward to seeing their areas first hand. Once we return to Lusaka from the Luangwa Andrew Baldry/Royal Kafue will be taking us to his new area in the Kafue for a few days and a look around. Hopefully we can put a Crawshay's waterbuck in the salt. This I'm particularly interested in as I've not hunted the Kafue before and I can't wait to meet Fairgame himself. Finally we'll take 3 days to decompress in London on the way home. Phew!!!!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Moved this years Africa plans to 2013 to do the following...

Who: Sierra Brava Lodge
Where: Argentina
What: Doves and pigeons
When: September

Also, South Dakota in Oct for early season pheasants and again in Dec for late season.

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Ugh... You guys are killing me. I have 13 months of waiting until I'm back on Zim soil. Until then I guess I'll fish the coast of SC, and maybe shoot some ducks in the fall/winter of '12.

Looking forward to the hunt reports - Good luck everyone!

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
WOW - Lots of cool adventures listed so far. I can't wait to see some of the pics, and read the stories - good luck to all!!

For me, the following:

May 10 - 19 Alaska Peninsula Brown Bear

May 25 - June 12 Lion/hippo/Tuskless with Ian Gibson in Zim.

June 14 - July 1 Lion/Elephant/Buffalo with Nixon Dzingai in Malapati/Sengwe II

Aug. 10 - 30 Guiding 21 day lion/leopard/buff in Tanzania

Sept 2 - 22 Same client, we both go together to the Kafue in Zambia for Lion/elephant, etc.

Then elk/deer hunting and guiding Oct. - Dec.

Mate, you're doing 4 lion hunts in 5 month Eeker I'm green with envy.

Yes, but I am the shooter on just the first two lion hunts. The 3rd hunt in August I am getting to PH for the first time in TZ, and the 4th lion hunt - I am NOT the primary hunter. So, unless he still has two lions available on quota, I will likely just be shooting other stuff.

Regardless, I can't wait!

Holy Cow Tim - I thought I was busy! Good luck staying married Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

You are not doing too bad yourself.

Posts: 72 | Location: Saratoga, CA | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BCJames
posted Hide Post
June - Plains game in the Save with Terry Anders

July - Fishing salmon and halibut off Prince Rupert

August - Assisting a buddy hunt a goat in BC

September - Elk/Moose in Northern BC

October - Back after BC goats with another friend

November - Big Alberta whitetail of course!

Posts: 133 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
WOW - Lots of cool adventures listed so far. I can't wait to see some of the pics, and read the stories - good luck to all!!

For me, the following:

May 10 - 19 Alaska Peninsula Brown Bear

May 25 - June 12 Lion/hippo/Tuskless with Ian Gibson in Zim.

June 14 - July 1 Lion/Elephant/Buffalo with Nixon Dzingai in Malapati/Sengwe II

Aug. 10 - 30 Guiding 21 day lion/leopard/buff in Tanzania

Sept 2 - 22 Same client, we both go together to the Kafue in Zambia for Lion/elephant, etc.

Then elk/deer hunting and guiding Oct. - Dec.

Mate, you're doing 4 lion hunts in 5 month Eeker I'm green with envy.

Yes, but I am the shooter on just the first two lion hunts. The 3rd hunt in August I am getting to PH for the first time in TZ, and the 4th lion hunt - I am NOT the primary hunter. So, unless he still has two lions available on quota, I will likely just be shooting other stuff.

ONLY THE SHOOTER ON THE FIRST 2 tu2
MAN YOU ARE HARD ON THOSE BIG CATS...

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who Camelthorn Safais Felix and my old buddy Vaugh
what Big tusker
where Namibia Bushmanland
when June 28-July 16

April Texas nigh hunt for hogs
Nov Sea ducks Main
Nov Ducks local

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leaving tomorrow for masailand.

Hunting buffalo with Michel Mantheakis Safaris; a Grant's or a Tommy would be a nice addition.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Spring 2012 - DIY black/grizzly bear Alaska

September 2012 - DIY moose Alaska

October/November 2012 - Hume Argali/mid-Asain ibex Kyrgyzstan

November 2012 - Another Asain mountain hunt?????? We'll see??????

August 2013 - DIY Dall sheep Alaska

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
One big trip for me this year.

June - lion, leopard, buffalo, and sable with ZH and Thierry on the Save

November - Mule deer in CO

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Africa for me until summer of '13. Scrimping & saving all my pennies for that one.

In the meantime ....

June- an AR member double rifle hunt in northern Australia for multiple trophy buffalo.

August- hunting in Belgium for Roe deer/European wild boar with a friend.

Dec- gonna draw my AZ desert sheep tag this yr & smoke a hammer of a ram! I can feel the tag this yr!Cool dancing Big Grin

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chez
posted Hide Post
I am very excited about this year.

First week of May: Fly fishing for Tarpon in Cuba.

September: 10 day Buffalo and plains game hunt in Zambia with Muchinga. This will be my first trip tp Africa and I can't wait! Luckily my brothers will be joining me.

Rest of the year: Enjoying as many opporunties as I can in western Canada. Typically that includes Whitetail, Mule Deer, Sheep, Elk, Bear, birds etc.

Good luck to everyone on their adventures!

Posts: 53 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 21 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dmitriy
posted Hide Post
Who: Royal Zambezi Wildlife Safaris
Where: Chiawa, Zambia
What: Buffalo and leopard
When: June

Posts: 43 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
First week of May: Fly fishing for Tarpon in Cuba.

Lucky guy! I'd love to see Cuba.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Me too!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What: Coyotes
When: Saturday
Where: AZ desert

This is actually a full bag hunt in that I can shoot rabbits and snakes. Only two more wakeups and I am there!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elephant
Botswana - CH1/CH2
Bulter and Holbrow
August

Doug

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Other than hunting in the States my only plan is to win the Save Conservancy Raffle and hunt buffalo 2012 late season.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Buzz is buying a black maned lion from a game farm for me to shoot in Dande. Between now and September he will be experimenting with the tranquilizer dosage to strike that balance between "whoosey" and "asleep". I have told him that I would like to "hunt" for it for several days before I shoot it.

All kidding aside we are going to try to take a lion in the Dande Safari Area in early September, along with a buffalo and other odds and ends.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boris Swenson and his daughter will be hunting with CM Safaris in the Save in May for a ten day buff and plains game hunt.
Buzz still hasn't seen the daughter's picture, but he is ever the optimist.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R.Jolly:
Boris Swenson and his daughter will be hunting with CM Safaris in the Save in May for a ten day buff and plains game hunt.
Buzz still hasn't seen the daughter's picture, bu

t he is ever the optimist.

lol

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
June 21-July 7 on Safari Lawyer's heels with Zambezi Hunters and the getting-more-famous-everyday Thierry Labat.

Sango in the Save.

Buffalo, leopard and whatever else strikes my fancy.

Cannot wait, Dad and wife coming too!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Buzz is buying a black maned lion from a game farm for me to shoot in Dande. Between now and September he will be experimenting with the tranquilizer dosage to strike that balance between "whoosey" and "asleep". I have told him that I would like to "hunt" for it for several days before I shoot it.

All kidding aside we are going to try to take a lion in the Dande Safari Area in early September, along with a buffalo and other odds and ends.

Mike, If you have time,try to drop into the Camp with the Aussies for an evening. Good guys they are.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

Mike, If you have time,try to drop into the Camp with the Aussies for an evening. Good guys they are.

Thanks, we will make it a point to do so. We will plan to do it early in their hunt before the beer runs out. Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wtnut
posted Hide Post
No Africa for me this year. Was hoping to go chase bull ele in Zim this summer but rolled my truck hunting elk in Jan and broke my neck and back. A couple of bars and ten bolts and hopefully can go chase a bull in 2013 if all things go well. Will have to be satistified chasing a monster whitetail at home if the wolves don't get him.