New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's a Long Way to Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Polls apparently are the order of the day. All of this debate over who tells the biggest whoppers in print and what place perverts have in the bush has made us curious.

Question:
Who would you rather spend 20 hours sitting between on a Delta flight to Africa?

Choices:
Siegfried and Roy
Beavis and Butthead
adrook and chipolopolo
Larry "the Lure "I'm late for the gay pride rally" Sellars and Richard Simmons

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I voted JudgeG and Larry, but if you were going on a lion hunt Siegfried and Roy...........well ok maybe just Siegfried could give you some great advice about lions!

clap

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
I voted JudgeG and Larry, but if you were going on a lion hunt Siegfried and Roy...........well ok maybe just Siegfried could give you some great advice about lions!

clap

Brett

Please explain your vote, it makes no sense. Why would you not want 20 hours of this with no sleep

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
? bewildered

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
? bewildered

Is Siegfried the one who got chewed by the lion?

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Roy (hence my joke) and it was a tiger. I only know because I just looked it up. If you play with dangerous animals for long enough what do you expect?

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
piss off

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adrook:
quote:
? bewildered

Adrook, it was a homophobic tiger

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
as i recall, it was adrook who posted his photos from the gay pride parade(by the way, which one of the 3 was he?). a fourth choice should be - anyone but the 2 "bosom" buddies, ad nauseam and cowchip.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
as i recall, it was adrook who posted his photos from the gay pride parade(by the way, which one of the 3 was he?). a fourth choice should be - anyone but the 2 "bosom" buddies, ad nauseam and cowchip.

Those pics were from San Fransicko, friend, much closer to you in Fresno than me in Dixie.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chipolopolo:
quote:
quote:
? bewildered

clap

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chipolopolo:
quote:
quote:
? bewildered

Nah. If it was it would have done him up proper! thumb

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Those pics were from San Fransicko, friend, much closer to you in Fresno than me in Dixie.
yea, i guess Key West could be considered part of Dixie. after all, it is the southern most part of the US. BUT YOU STILL DIDN'T SAY WHICH ONE OF THE 3 GAY CABALLEROS WAS YOU.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Key West part of Dixie? Ever hear of the Conch Republic? Your knowledge of recent Florida history is deficient.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Results (9 votes counted so far):

Who would you rather spend 20 hours sitting between on a Delta flight to Africa?
0 (0%) >>
Siegfried and Roy
1 (11%) >>>>>
Beavis and Butthead
1 (11%) >>>>>
adrook and chipolopolo
7 (78%) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
JudgeG "the former Georgia magistrate's court judge" (small claims disputes up to $15,000 but nothing serious, please) and Larry "the Lure "I'm late for the gay pride rally"

Looks like Beavis & Butthead, and Adrook & Chipolopolo are running butt ( moon) to butt ( moon)so far!
bewildered
..........Sorry couldn't resist! DON'T SHOOT! BOOM............. diggin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
JudgeG, no contest. I'd hunt the long-grass with him any day! And stories. . . .Hell, there isn't enough good Whisky between here and Jo'burg or Dar.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
JudgeG, no contest. I'd hunt the long-grass with him any day! And stories. . . .Hell, there isn't enough good Whisky between here and Jo'burg or Dar.

Me too. He's helluva good company. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are you sure in your case that shouldn't be spelt Dick-see? Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you sit between Seigfried and Roy or adrook and chipolte either conversation would probably revolve around either finding or avoiding dick-dick Smiler

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Judge. No contest. Pilots can always come up with another "There I was, flying along at twenty thousand..."

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know if I really think about I'd pick Sigried and Roy. I bet they've had a lot more interesting adventures in life than most of us could dream of.

Bevis and Butthead? Well! They're just stupid.

Andy and Steve? Traveling with clients......

Judge and Larry? I would not have enough chance to brag about my own incredible experience.

Yeah! The ancient animals trainers get my vote.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
The Judge, always a pleasure. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG and I had a misunderstanding which was resolved with PMs. What I posted about him being a small claims court judge was inaccurate. He's a decent fellow and I have made my apologies. I have modified the original post which reset the poll which he was winning by a sizable margin anyway beer

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Seems the selections options have changed since the start of the poll?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Proberbly RAY ATKINSON as he is one of the most experienced Africa trippers visiting these forums and a damn good chap as well.

Then we can add on (JudgeG) for his comedy and legal experience in case we get in hot water tickling up the air hostesses.

Then if we were to be highjacked and diverted tvia Dubai we can ADD SAEED to the merry band of muscateers or should wee say three stooges as he is the one whom made this all possible, and he is also a very nice person with some GOOD AFRICA tales to tell us on the flight.

Walter if he behaves can come along to carry the bags

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
JudgeG and I had a misunderstanding which was resolved with PMs. What I posted about him being a small claims court judge was inaccurate. He's a decent fellow and I have made my apologies. I have modified the original post which reset the poll which he was winning by a sizable margin anyway beer

So you can admit when your preconceived notions are incorrect...... Won't be long you will be on that gay float yourself!! Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG and I have worked out our differences.

No chance of your sharing the gay float with me. Sorry to disappoint you.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dude....Never been on a gay float. It's you that are preoccupied with the topic not me. BTW, you don't look gay in your report on the Luangwa Valley. Guess looks can be deceiving eh? Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:

Dude....Never been on a gay float. It's you that are preoccupied with the topic not me. BTW, you don't look gay in your report on the Luangwa Valley. Guess looks can be deceiving eh? Big Grin

No gay worries here mate, I just don't like what the gay lobby and the libs are doing to our society. As Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan accurately described it they have succeeded in "defining deviancy down". All of you who rush to defend it are evidence of how far down the path we have traveled. I fear that by the time you all wake it will be too late.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:

A gay float in Fairbanks or Anchorage HAH!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it were the Judge and I, would opt for the ponytailed one to sit in the middle!!

By the way, met up with a wellknown "Cykick" overhere that says he is 95% sure that Adcrook is the guy in the bottom right on the gay float.

Also had a "Cykiatrust" have a look at our two subjects here and he came up with these conclusions. Odds are at least fifty/fifty that both of the guys are "closet gays" based on the facts that they are so outspoken against gay behavior. This is a very normal trait of these types of people.

As for Chipo, he is always trying to come up to the level of Adcrook, but his inferiority complex, stemming from the diminutive nature of some anatomy parts most likely, just doesn't work out. In other words he just doesn't "measure up", explains the good Doctor.

I guess maybe this helps explain the poor taste, and bad nature of these two??

UKW

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

i have a feeling that the only differences you had revolved around the slanderous posts you through up about the Judge. can't help but notice a dandy job of editing of your comments on this topic. wonder why?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i have a feeling that the only differences you had revolved around the slanderous posts you through up about the Judge. can't help but notice a dandy job of editing of your comments on this topic. wonder why?

I guess you must have meant "I have a feeling" and "threw up" about the Judge.

We had our differences, which have since been worked out, relating to a post which he made questioning my character on the Capstick thread and my post on this one. As you are apparently too stupid to convey your opinions using proper spelling and grammar I guess that fact must be lost on you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, who are you sharing the gay float with, instead of Frostbit?

Posts: 8938 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by China Fleet Sailor:
quote:

I have ignored you on several threads and you have no dog in this fight but you can't seem to leave well enough alone can you, Douchebag?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by China Fleet Sailor:
quote:

I have ignored you on several threads and you have no dog in this fight but you can't seem to leave well enough alone can you, Douchebag?

Your life would be so much easier if you wouldn't start threads in which you talk about PHs who you later claim you don't want to drag into the discussion you kicked off by talking about them, or showing off the gay porn collection that you apparently don't want to talk about.

I'm just asking a simple question about something you mentioned. Who you're planning not to disappoint on next year's gay pride float.

Is this a habit of yours? Starting topics of discussion that you're planning to declare off limits?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an aside, Andy IS telling what one of the PH's I met in camp was saying, although a little more strongly than I heard it. This PH is not fictional!

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
As an aside, Andy IS telling what one of the PH's I met in camp was saying, although a little more strongly than I heard it. This PH is not fictional!

One of the PH's you met in camp?

I don't doubt these guys exist.

I'm just having trouble keeping track of all the different anonymous Zambian PHs were not talking about because they don't want to go on record saying anything bad about Capstick as we discuss their views on Capstick.

Are we up to two guys we're not dragging into the conversation?

Or are we still not talking about the first PH you guys don't want to mention?

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

I have no doubt the PH exists, however, if you can't reveal the source because he doesn't want to get involved, then IMO,he shouldn't have gotten involved,and you shouldn't repeat his words. You nor I have any idea if the guy being quoted has even ever met PHC, much less knows anything about the truth or fallacy of anything he wrote! If he can't stand behind his words, then they mean nothing!

You know the ENQUIRER's favorite phrase, "OUR SOURCES SAY!" applies here, and it is simply a dodge!

Enquireing minds want to know the truth, not gossip!

This whole thread is "A BIG WIND COMING FROM AN EMPTY CAVE!" as the Indian said about the white man's words of treaty!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
This whole thread is "A BIG WIND COMING FROM AN EMPTY CAVE!" . . . !

That made me think of Congress last week and the "stimulus" package . . . guess that was a big, hot, methane wind . . .

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote