THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    australia...the new africa? game park in the outback? austrica? afralia?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

australia...the new africa? game park in the outback? austrica? afralia?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
o.k. with the land mass of the u.s. and the population of england and most australians living in 3 cities all next to the coast...what about an african game reserve in austrtalia? make a kruger nat park in a place where poaching will not be so easy and tons of tourist dollars and jobs for the ausies. when the game population gets too big there will be a horde of gun loving ausies to show up to thin out the herd.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Boom stick, I can assure this topic has been discussed to the point of tears among many aussie hunters with a passion for Africa. The mere suggestion of introducing free ranging african species into the Australian environment would send the green movement into a blind panic on 2 fronts - 1) introducing non native, or as they refer "feral" species will devastate the native biodiversity and 2) to do so for the purpose of "bloodsports" is beyond their comprehension.

I'd suggest the early English acclimitisation societies should be blamed for not putting in a greater effort to introduce African species into Australia. In the years following the English settlement in Australia, most, if not all, effort was put into trying to create a bit of England in the south pacific, hence the introduction of rabbits, hares, foxes, fallow, red and other deer species. The western parts of NSW would be great for African antelope, and the northern part of Aust would be wonerful for cape buff and possibly even ele!! Unfortunately, the English only managed water buff and bangtan.in the Northern Territory, and its too late to improve the situation.

Posts: 162 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
just keep breeding them and do the "oops i should have fixed that hole in the fence" thing Wink
a "dont ask dont tell" policy

in 10 years we will be calling you new africa instead of new south wales!

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
There is a game park with a fair amount of African game in Australia already.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
great...now cut a hole in the fence and let nature take course...

by 2017 i will go safari there...

but seriously, whats the harm if we have some kudu's, buff, lions, leopards, warthogs and blesbuck running around...

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great idea to me! I might even volunteer to move over there and help manage the place if the Aussie govt. was willing to pay for my expenses. Wink

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
no no no no...

you dont ask the govt for anything...you do and let the govt follow...once the govt sees the benefits of the thousands of beaufiful animals around and the $$$ it brings then the govt will come in to "regulate and tax" but thats o.k.

a kudu and blesbuck trophy in every trophy room!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boomy,

What Spartan said is 100% correct. It would never get off the ground. And African animals would do really well here in Oz. Frowner

Anyway, I thought you were coming camel shooting with SuperSpeed and I........now that's FUN Big Grin Wink

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i would love to...

i have an uncle who lives outside sydney so i could stay there but i would have to save up for the flight... maybe next year if i am lucky.

you guys could teach me how to shoot upside down Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate, you are almost an Aussie, then thumb

You are on!!

Look forward to the fun and mayhem Big Grin

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote