Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tracks Across Africa
 Login/Join

posted
Dave, Tim and Ivan. I just wanted to tell you guys what an incredible show you produce with Tracks Across Africa. Having Ivan Carter on the team has made the show ten times better than it ever was before. I can actually sit and watch your show for 30 minutes unlike most shows on the Outdoor Channel. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing you at the DSC show in January if not before.

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Tracks has always been one of my favorites with Craig and Ivan. Keep on doing what you are doing.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
It was the best show on the Outdoor Channel with CB and continues to be with Ivan.

It is the only show on any network I set aside time for every week.

The new season of episodes starts in July, right? Any hints what we can expect?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes my favorite too

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks men. Ivan is simply working his tail flat over there and he, I, we all greatly appreciate the kind words. Our camera team has been really picking up their game from a creative point of view and the upcoming shows will have a look I am sure you will enjoy. As always, a quick email to the Outdoor Channel really goes a long way for us. They read them and it helps when contracts and fights for prime airtime come around each year!
Thanks guys !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tracks has always been GREAT with Boddington AND Carter.

You guys do a great job. Thanks.

Posts: 41860 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best hunting show on the Outdoor Channel!

Posts: 2646 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
thank you very much for your kind words , please lets not forget the cameramen and editing team who are the real heroes in this whole production ...

the upcoming seasons will have a good variety as this year we have camera crews scheduled and filming in zimbabwe , botswana , tanzania , ethiopia , central african republic , namibia, mozambique and south africa so should be plenty of variety for you.

i have just returned from the okavango delta where we were lucky enough to shoot a magnificent bull (85pounds x 82pounds ) the footage was awesome and we spent a lot of time wading and IN the swamp so an interesting episode for sure...will post some pics ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Comments sent to the Outdoor Channel.

Keep up the great show.

TN River and the Mountain Man...

Posts: 27 | Location: Ringgold, GA | Registered: 31 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd say it was the best show on TV as well if it was on WildTV up here.

Hint Hint Dave!

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Thanks men. Ivan is simply working his tail flat over there and he, I, we all greatly appreciate the kind words. Our camera team has been really picking up their game from a creative point of view and the upcoming shows will have a look I am sure you will enjoy. As always, a quick email to the Outdoor Channel really goes a long way for us. They read them and it helps when contracts and fights for prime airtime come around each year!
Thanks guys !

would be happy to send an email, as i love the show. but what is the address?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13233 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a great show. My favorite by far.

I do note that the episodes seem to appear at a later date on our cable system locally. I read about episodes here on AR then see the show weeks later.

Posts: 12018 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
WE NEED IT STREAMING ON THE WWW

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did watch last Sunday and the Dutch Dude was really good. Seemed to be in shape??, knew how to handle a weapon pretty well. Noticed to my surprise that the creepy Mahoney guy didn't do the Conservation Message part of the show. Hope this is a trend that continues. Just saying.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigUglyMan:

Hint Hint Dave!

Yes, PLEASE!! We in Canada read so much good about this program, but we can't get it. B.U.M. and I would guarantee you at least two regular viewers if it was on "Wild" TV.

Hugh

Posts: 106 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 27 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chez
posted Hide Post
Yes it would be great to get it in Canada on Wild TV. I'm not sure how to make that happen but perhaps a letter to Wild TV would help. I will give it a try.

Posts: 53 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 21 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a pleasure watching Ivan hunt elephant. He is well known among Zimbabwe PHs as one of the true experts in reading elephant behavior. I would like to learn more from him.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Noticed to my surprise that the creepy Mahoney guy didn't do the Conservation Message part of the show.

My wife thinks he's creepy too. She says he stares at her a lot at DSC during his speeches with those "Village Of The Damned" eyes Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
What Anton said....por favor...

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:
Noticed to my surprise that the creepy Mahoney guy didn't do the Conservation Message part of the show.

My wife thinks he's creepy too. She says he stares at her a lot at DSC during his speeches with those "Village Of The Damned" eyes Smiler

I have to agree with this assessment. I love the show and have been a steadfast supporter of it on AR. But there IS something about the Mahoney guy that creeps me out!

One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
What Anton said....por favor...

+ 1

Torbjorn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The "killer" of the 85x82 pounder in the Delta sent me a short clip as I had met him in Joburg and both of us , among other Ele hunters, flew to Maun together....we wished each other well at lunch in Arrivee Cafe.....and Hector dun real well! The kill is awesome footage by Simon!What an outstanding follow up shot after bullet failure----

BTW, Ivan, I won't tell anyone what you did not have with you at Masame when you and Simon arrived for your next hunt with Fred and wife from Pennsylvania!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always look forward to Tracks Across Africa on Sunday afternoon. A big thank you to Dave, Ivan, and all the guys that make it possible. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbax
posted Hide Post
Have seen short clips but unavailable here in the UK.

Would be great to get the episodes online

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
WE NEED IT STREAMING ON THE WWW

What he said. I'd pay a subscription to get it via the W's

Good luck is what's left of thorough preperation.

Posts: 21 | Location: Central West NSW, Australia | Registered: 10 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:

I have to agree with this assessment. I love the show and have been a steadfast supporter of it on AR. But there IS something about the Mahoney guy that creeps me out!

After working until 10 pm last night, I made a whiskey and coke and sat down to watch the western tanz buff/leopard hunt. I never noticed this guy until I read this string.

One suggestion Ivan/Dave: it would be nice to do a recap of the hunt in terms of game not taken. I am guessing few hunt leopard in tanz without having a go at lion, this show being no exception. It would be nice to see you or the hunter acknowledge game on license but not taken - or taken but not filmed due to poor light, etc. And I know I am the exception, but I totally enjoy a show where someone doesn't get the game they are after - if you occasionally did that it might up the suspense level. I know in Africa it is tough not to get a buffalo, but it does happen. And of course it happens with leopard and lion.

Otherwise, keep up the good work. You guys set the standard.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear AZ
Thanks for both the viewership and thoughts. One of the problems, the main one on longer safaris , is how do you get all the good footage you DID GET into the limited space we producers have once commercials and special segments are accounted for. We often have do do a quick cameo piece of game taken on the safari, but not shown on the episode. I do hear your point, and we try to tell the story of the "one that got away" when it is a factual part of the storyline. Longer safaris , like most dangerous game safaris( 95% of our productions) usually provide more stuff than we can get into an episode, which is good. I see other producers often use a Part 1, Part II,and sometimes Part111, format to
show their ten day buff hunt. You know that is not our signature. Always like to hear our viewers thoughts though, we really do hear you guys.Thanks .

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I think the addition of Mahoney to the conservation piece has been a significant upgrade. Overall, I find his work is intelligent, very well thought out, and well presented. For several years I have thought that his voice is precisely what we need as a community. Maybe it's my background in wildlife biology...

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
I caught the episode this week on Ele and Buff hunting - Hell I even like the commercials, too!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Noticed to my surprise that the creepy Mahoney guy didn't do the Conservation Message part of the show. Hope this is a trend that continues. Just saying.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Mahoney's message is often on the money, but you're right ... there's something just a little off-putting there. Been trying to figure out if it's the mellifluous voice that is both rich and dark – and yet at the same time malevolent and somehow threatening – or if it's that disquieting stare, the combination of which is altogether slightly sinister.

Separated at birth?

Shane Mahoney

Foster Brooks

Ted Kaczynski

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave:

I see nothing wrong with a 2 part show for a 21 day hunt. Hell, I wrote a 2 part story for Safari Mag not long ago!

I watched Hornady's Africa tonight while wolfing down a couple of brats. I enjoyed the show even though the protagonist didn't get a bongo. The duikers he shot were quite interesting and reminded me of DOJ's focus on the little guys.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hughman:
quote:
Originally posted by BigUglyMan:

Hint Hint Dave!

Yes, PLEASE!! We in Canada read so much good about this program, but we can't get it. B.U.M. and I would guarantee you at least two regular viewers if it was on "Wild" TV.

Hugh

I'm going to hit Ryan Kohler up on Twitter when I get home and see what it would take to get this going. I've heard that there can be some restriction with broadcasting shows that are on the Outdoor Channel on another network until a certain time frame has passed.

We gave them young Cody Robbins, it's only fair that they share Ivan Carter with us.

Fair's fair, non?

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is Cody Robbins? Confused

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago, Cody Robbins was Jim Shockeys cameraman & sidekick.
Very entertaining young man who went out on his own in the hunting videioing business.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only hunting show I look forward to watching, all others pale in comparison. smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AAZ, thanks for saying focus and not obsession! Big Grin

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote