Tools

Ailing AR regular
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Quick update…he went back into hospital yesterday with kidney stones, surgery today, pretty sure he will update. Bad couple of weeks for Larry! Hope he recovers quickly.

Ouch.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Quick update…he went back into hospital yesterday with kidney stones, surgery today, pretty sure he will update. Bad couple of weeks for Larry! Hope he recovers quickly.

Damnit!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

I have had a problem for months which I attributed to torn intercostal muscles. A couple of weeks ago, I woke up with a high fever and a lot of pain in the same area. I was also throwing up. It passed but made me wonder .

Saturday morning I was at the ranch with my grandsons. I woke up in pain, sweating profusely and was nauseous. I headed back to Orlando.

I went straight to the ER. They did some tests and confirmed that I had a kidney stone . I was transferred to a hospital. They operated mid day.

All went well. However, I am questioning my scheduled trip to DSC.

Sucks to get old .

Posts: 11979 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad all went well and hope you are resting well. It does suck to get old! I know Wink.
I hope you will be conservative in your travel/activities, but, I know you know what works best for you. Looking forward to visiting at one or both of the shows!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2764 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not on here much anymore, but glad you are doing better Larry.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The good news is that you haired up and heeled over!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Should something go south....can I have your boots?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Larry, glad you are still in the hunt. I had a kidney stone some years back and it was no damned fun.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Wish you a quick recovery and hope to see you at DSC.

Posts: 10032 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Not going to make it to Dallas this year. Still pretty weak and I still have a stent . Decided against it .

Posts: 11979 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Glad you are on your feet again my friend.

Some of might remember Horst, who used to go with us on safari, many times.

He used to be the zoo curator in Dubai.

He did not hunt, but lived photography.

He used to go out and come back with scorpions, snakes, butterflies and so on.

He used to have kidney stones non stop!

We nicknamed him the stone quarry.

One other habit of his was eating butter.

He would take a half pound brick of butter and eat it!

Walter used to say he ate butter to oil the stones! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Thanks. Not going to make it to Dallas this year. Still pretty weak and I still have a stent . Decided against it .

Hey Larry, I always enjoy seeing and speaking with you at DSC but I think that's the right call. Rest up and get well and we'll see you next time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many members who have contributed to this thread have a pulse- ox device at home to measure their oxygen? ( I have 2)

KJK

Posts: 681 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good to know you're on the mend Larry. I think you're right to take it easy temporarily.
Hope you don't become like me and suffer kidney stone recurrence now and then. I can go months / years with no issues then out of the blue suffer two or three episodes in quick succession. Stones cripple me. A couple of times so horribly I got sent to hospital. Fortunately though I managed to pass stones in my urine stream every time. And every time that happened I went from feeling like being on deaths doorstep to feeling 100 % in a matter of minutes. Now, everwhere I go I take Voltaren suppositories. I find they work well and quickly until I find somewhere to lie down.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your troubles my friend. Hope you get well soon!

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kolo-Pan:
I wonder how many members who have contributed to this thread have a pulse- ox device at home to measure their oxygen? ( I have 2)

My wife is a surgeon. We have them readily available. Although cheap, I’d be willing to bet that most don’t have them.

One can also check the levels on an Apple Watch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry
Most people don't have an apple watch either!

All best going forward .

KJK

Posts: 681 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Get well Larry, we are thinking of you.

Posts: 1866 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sucks to get old .

It beats the alternative, though.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, good luck!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote