New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ailing AR regular
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
To those that might like to send well wishes, our friend and AR regular Larry Shores was admitted to hospital today after being sick for a couple of weeks (finally listened to his physician wife Wink) with what turned out to be pneumonia. I expect he will respond quickly and will be out very shortly. I’m sure he will appreciate any well wishes.
Disclaimer: Larry was aware I was posting this tu2.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2764 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only Larry could look so cool leaving in an ambulance!

Get well Larry.

Posts: 1865 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on a quick recovery, Larry. Beef up that immune system ahead of convention season and hopefully avoid the usual respiratory crap that we all get at them!

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Larry. Antibiotics will work on that, had it a few times.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4731 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well soon, Mr. Shores!

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Wishing you a rapid and complete recovery Larry!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, get well soon Buddy!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you're sick Larry. Get well soon my friend!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well soon my friend!

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Larry, Gute Besserung as they say here ! Hope you are up and around soon and look forward to the reports of your next adventures! All best for 2024

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.

My neighbor at my ranch is a surgeon. We were talking about Covid one day. I vividly remember him saying that if one’s oxygen level in the blood dropped to 92%, to immediately go to the hospital.

Well, I woke up about 5 AM yesterday. My blood oxygen level was at 90. Plus my fever had returned after several days absence . I knew something was wrong . I took off for the hospital.

Glad I did . I think I was on the verge of real trouble .

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re OK mate tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7977 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hate to hear about you affected with this Larry.
Hoping you get this behind you quickly and get back into hunting. Those hogs are multiplying in your absence !

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
Glad you are mending. My wife had the same scenario this last week. The new round of Covid/flu is a stinger. Be careful and don't push yourself.

The older we get, the longer the recovery takes....

Be a good patient, please....

Or, if you die, what are your wife's tastes in men? As her next husband stands to be very rich and get to play with a lot of nice toys.... dancing

Posts: 10175 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad you caught it in time!

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Larry is too tough to be down long.

Get well soon my friend…we still got too much hunting and shooting to do!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Take care of yourself, Larry. Get well soon!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you're getting medical attention. Get well soon.

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your tough Larry, take care of yourself!!

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Pneumonia can be serious but sounds like you have got it under control, best wishes for a speedy recovery Larry. Santa delivered me a dose of covid. Thought it was a common cold with irritated throat developing after flying up to Auckland for family Xmas. Two son's in law and eldest daughter now positive. I'm all good now, effects were actually milder and shorter than those usually associated with a cold for me. Although wife and other family members have had covid once or twice to date I had missed out so I guess it was my turn, just didn't need to be Xmas.

Posts: 3859 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Recover well and fast but remember to take it easy even after you get home.
Takes a while to refill the reservoir

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
Recover well and fast but remember to take it easy even after you get home.
Takes a while to refill the reservoir

For sure .

My oxygen levels dropped to 90. My fever returned after 12 days . I knew I had a problem. Got a real scare.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well Mr. Shores!

Posts: 559 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wishing you the best, Larry! Get well, soon.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Get well soon, my friend!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well soon, there are many adventures waiting for you once you heal up!

Posts: 61 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buck up man. Tax season is just around the corner. Get well soon.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Wish you a good recovery.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Glad to read you’re on the mend. I have a theory that this is really swine fever of some sort! At least, that sounds more appropriate!

Posts: 3857 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We need LarryShores
Speedy Recovery
Be well

Posts: 10915 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

The hospital released me last night . I am home trying to sleep . I am not being successful.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Thanks everyone.

The hospital released me last night . I am home trying to sleep . I am not being successful.

To get some real sleep, try reading the entire Andrew Baldry saga on the two different threads, then create a plausible time line and see if that does not wear you out!

Get well and get rest. Root for Alabama!

Posts: 10175 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Glad you are home Larry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, if you are having trouble getting to sleep, you might try reading "African Game Trails." I used to read it before bedtime and it took me two years to get through it. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes getting over the wear down part.

Always seems to take much longer to gain back

what these spells knock out of us. there's hogs

waiting for you!!

Karl: thanks for posting this.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5945 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Larry, I am very sorry to hear this. I promise you that Martha and I will be in prayer daily for your returning health.
You have been a precious friend, so we do not take this lightly. We will trust the Lord for you.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry good to hear you are at home.

My bestie and Doctor who posts here once in a blue moon as Bronzepig put me on Belaomra as a sleep aid.

Everything else out there left me groggy for hours the following day.

This stuff takes me about 90 seconds to be wide awake in the morning and fully functional.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1059 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been out of touch while hunting the Chinati Mountains of West Texas.

Glad to hear that your home and recovering Larry!

Posts: 1793 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Five years ago I was having difficulty breathing and went to a local clinic. The MD did an oximeter and it read 84%. The MD asked if I had walked into their office. She said that patients with readings that low had always arrived on a gurney or a wheelchair.. She admitted me to the hospital where I stayed for two days until my oxygen level rose above 95%.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quick update…he went back into hospital yesterday with kidney stones, surgery today, pretty sure he will update. Bad couple of weeks for Larry! Hope he recovers quickly.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2764 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote