quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I have never met a single PH who did not complain about record book idiots1

I could never call them hunters!
Lip service.

Or shows the quality of PHs I hunt with beer
Bah, nonsense - they are complaining about generic 'record book idiots' behind their backs.

It's a bit like the captive bred lion thing... I have friends and clients who have shot one; to say they have done it, ticking-off a list, for bragging rights or whatever. No I wouldn't do it myself in ten lifetimes - but I sure wouldn't talk down to them or try to stop them doing it.

Saeed - I think you are rather selective in the activities that you condemn.

Please show me where I have been selective??
You say elsewhere that you don't care what hunters do, so long as it is legal.... but that tolerance doesn't extend to SCI members who want to give themselves these 'awards'.

What SCI has been encouraging those "hunters" to do has absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

They are doing it for the simple fact that it gives them a chance of showing what great and unique "hunters" they are.

They can go and kill whatever animal they wish, but they don't.

They have dragged the REAL trophy hunters into the gutter with their buying "trophies" from crooked PHs who capture and buy exceptional animals so they can hop on a plane after getting a phone call, and shoot it.

This is not hunting.

It is called competition with like minded idiots!

And sadly, it seems those same idiots are running SCI just to accommodate those nutters!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, jealousy is a sickness.

Please stop.

Just because some of us, including myself, have achieved the 32nd Diamond, Platinum Inner and Precious Circle of Masculinity, Virtuosity and Virility in Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe, Antarctica and Australia - and you have not, by the way, achieved such high honors - does not mean that you are all necessarily, suppurating pustules of pusillanimity.

Even though you are, most probably, precisely that.

And pathetically poor, besides.

Get over it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A while back we were discussing this silly trophy holy grail that SCI has created.

A friend said "we are all peasants, just peasants, compared to those great hunters!"

He explained he arrived at this conclusion after hearing that Conrad Hilton had a major melt down on a flight, and started screaming at the rest of the passengers "you are all peasants, and I can buy any of you"

A perfect example of the SCI trophies and circles they created and encouraged! rotflmo

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What SCI has been encouraging those "hunters" to do has absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

They are doing it for the simple fact that it gives them a chance of showing what great and unique "hunters" they are.

They can go and kill whatever animal they wish, but they don't.

They have dragged the REAL trophy hunters into the gutter with their buying "trophies" from crooked PHs who capture and buy exceptional animals so they can hop on a plane after getting a phone call, and shoot it.

This is not hunting.

It is called competition with like minded idiots!

And sadly, it seems those same idiots are running SCI just to accommodate those nutters!
So you are suggesting that anyone who puts in for an SCI award is a cheat. Is that it?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A while back we were discussing this silly trophy holy grail that SCI has created.

A friend said "we are all peasants, just peasants, compared to those great hunters!"

He explained he arrived at this conclusion after hearing that Conrad Hilton had a major melt down on a flight, and started screaming at the rest of the passengers "you are all peasants, and I can buy any of you"

A perfect example of the SCI trophies and circles they created and encouraged! rotflmo
Is Conrad Hilton an SCI hunter?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If he was, he will fit in perfectly with the SCI trophy seekers.

Same stupid mentality rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If he was, he will fit in perfectly with the SCI trophy seekers.

Same stupid mentality rotflmo
Wow - a third-hand (at least) anecdote about someone you have never met. Roll Eyes

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, IMO the following applies to you and your frequent objections to trophy hunting and the SCI...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

It is a quotation from the 1602 play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. It has been used as a figure of speech, in various phrasings, to indicate that a person's overly frequent or vehement attempts to convince others of something have ironically helped to convince others that the opposite is true, by making the person look insincere and defensive.

In rhetorical terms, the phrase can be thought of as indicating an unintentional apophasis — where the speaker who "protests too much" in favor of some assertion puts into others' minds the idea that the assertion is false, something that they may not have considered before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a look through my "awards edition" and it seems it contains the usual amount of advertising so looks like it would be sufficient to produce this without going to the general membership coffers to do so. Just another "false" assumption by those wanting to bash SCI again. Damm this gets old and repetitive. Same folks, same unfounded story. I would think those folks would tire of being looked upon any time an SCI thread appears in such a predictable manner? If you are not an SCI member, why do you care? If you are an SCI member and don't like the "awards edition" don't read it. Seems simple enough to me. But wait, then you wouldn't have anything to bash SCI about I guess?

Larry M. Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know the President-elect. His interest is protecting our hunting rights. I know for a fact he and SCI have been directly involved in some recent successes. That I know of, he has no entries in the record book.

I have not, nor will ever, make an entry in a record book. However, if the hunts are legal, who am I to judge the use of the record book by others?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can vouch for what Mike says. From what I have personlly seen, he is going to make a difference . He has already had a positive impact.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 plus one.

Since the SCI publications are for "Members" only, I doubt too many people outside the fold see much of the contents??? Makes me wonder about some of the non member bashers, how do they even know what they are bashing if they never see the publication? Confused

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser

quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I can vouch for what Mike says. From what I have personlly seen, he is going to make a difference . He has already had a positive impact.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
tu2 plus one.

Since the SCI publications are for "Members" only, I doubt too many people outside the fold see much of the contents??? Makes me wonder about some of the non member bashers, how do they even know what they are bashing if they never see the publication? Confused

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser

quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Those who are complaining ARE members of SCI.

Now, since when has SCI ever listened to its members??

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Anyone wants to guess a time line on WHEN changes are going to happen at SCI??

I will not be holding my breath!

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

You looked in pretty good shape. I suspect you will live long enough to see it. Wink

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As for now SCI has a Lobby force in Washington DC. DSC does not. They are best positioned to take on our interests as hunters. Things change by evolution or revolution. For now I am giving SCI the benefit of the doubt and hoping for the best.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They also have product reviews, glowing of course, and next to the review is a full page advertisement for the same product.

In the back of the awards issue there are check lists of species for various awards. I saved the issue for the lists. I never realized how many deer species there are.

How does Dallas Safari Club compare?

Mark

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I'm a member, I put up this post and for simple reason.
As a member I have a right to point out things I may not agree with.
I still think, SCI does a lot for us and I support them in everything.
National and local chapter and so forth.
It's about us having a voice
That's all folks
Love you all and thank you Saeed for great website where we can agree to disagree without major restrictions.
This is the best there is

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I will not be holding my breath!

About as long as it takes shootaway and this wetibbe loser to get their heads out of their asses would be my guess.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:

When they cancelled the ill-conceived SCI Outdoors....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
quote:

Could anyone please tell me who the bloody genius who came up with that idea in the first place??

And to add insult to injury, who are the geniuses who have approved it rotflmo

Thank you for bringing this up.

It proves what we have been saying.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
quote:

Could anyone please tell me who the bloody genius who came up with that idea in the first place??

And to add insult to injury, who are the geniuses who have approved it rotflmo

Thank you for bringing this up.

It proves what we have been saying.

Actually Saeed, it proves that membership participation, as opposed to sitting on the sidelines and bitching without getting involved personally, is the key to making the organization better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually Saeed, it proves that membership participation, as opposed to sitting on the sidelines and bitching without getting involved personally, is the key to making the organization better.

Saeed,

The quote above is spot on correct.

Get involved and guide the SCI in the direction you believe it should go.