THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    An Unintended Buffalo (report added).
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Unintended Buffalo (report added).
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yet another fine story by the Judge.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Posts: 134 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Judge, how did the rest of the safari go? We'd love to read more, with pictures.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You are truely a Wordsmith, Ernest! well done, sir!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Good shooting and great story about the hunt. Its not how long you live, but how you live that makes a life. I'd say you have had a good one.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yet another amazing experience ... related with wonderful word crafting! And followed up with equal skill.

Judge, you may not have a lot of money at some point in the future but you will always be a rich man indeed!

Congratulations Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Judge,
Great bull and great story. I've long wanted to hunt with Lou Hallamore.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes! As I finished reading your story I realized that my heart was racing, my mouth was parched and I had honest-to-God beads of sweat on my forehead!! Man, you put me right there with you and I've got to say it was a blast dancing!!!!

Thank you sir, and WELL DONE beer!!!

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Below, I post a link from the buffalo hunt to the elephant hunt so that one can get the entire story of the Deka safari (if anyone really gives a flip)

Roll Eyes

Buffalo Hunt to elephant hunt link

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7544 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW,

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SBT AND I ARE ON OUR WAY. OCTOBER 25TH

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
I may die in a pauper's grave, but I'll die rich with the experience of Africa.

Ain't nuthin' wrong with that!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Judge, once again thanks for "taking us with you". I know of no common man that tells a story like you do.......I cant wait for the next one

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Judge, You do manage to get yourself into some interesting situations over your safaris don't you?!?!?!

Glad to see you pulled it out of the hat, and I'm sure the knowledge that you stood up and did the required answers the question about one's self that most DG hunters are curious about. I suppose you never know the answer to that question until you have it asked of you directly.

Good story, well told.

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Expense for Buffalo hunts...about $15K. Surviving the attack of a Cape Buff and living to tell about it....PRICELESS! Judge G...living the life on earth that most have to wait for in the hereafter!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ernest, as typical, you write a great story.

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Wonderful read....Judge you should seriously think about publishing a book of your memoirs !!!

P.S. I hope you ate that SOB's liver for breakfast the next morning. Hell I would have BBQ'd his gonads too Smiler

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Some popped corn and biltong for snacks while I smoked a Partagus Maduro and drank Famous Grouse over crushed ice, all the while sitting before the fire and listening to Lou tell stories of times past. Then, at the table we had a simple tossed salad (juicy tomatoes, too) with blue cheese dressing. Some buffalo tail soup, thin sliced medialians of grilled filet with pepper gravy glazed onions, au gratin potatoes, steamed cauliflower and broccoli with white cheese sauce and a cabernet.

Not a bad evening to celebrate a good and fiesty old buffalo.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7544 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Man!! I just had breakfast and now I'm hungry again!!

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote