THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Appalling photos emerge of Canberra developer posing with trophy kill
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appalling photos emerge of Canberra developer posing with trophy kill
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.canberratimes.com.a...20180222-h0whi6.html

Link has article and photos.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have had dinner at the Hellenic Club when I was a diplomat.

We did most of our military Diplomatic events at the German Australian Club. Better food!

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Nothing appalling there apart from the reporting.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Nick is a member of AR. I had the pleasure of sharing a beer or two around the campfire with Nick last year while on a hunt in Namibia. I was hunting plains game and he spent a night in camp on his way to the outfitters Elephant area. I heard from my PH that he got a good bull on his hunt. It's a shame to see such a nice guy attacked by the anti hunting zealots.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You might as well try to explain colour to a blind man as try to explain hunting to the snowflake PC brigade.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Nothing appalling there apart from the reporting.

100% correct

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I’m 100% pro hunting, but I’m also 100% against the ridiculous posing of baboons to make them “act” like a human. It’s a most pathetic form of disrespect in my opinion. It’s simply mocking an animal’s death, and has no place in hunting. But maybe I’m puritanical, dunno...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When will people learn not to call a LAND CRUISER a jeep Mad

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
I’m 100% pro hunting, but I’m also 100% against the ridiculous posing of baboons to make them “act” like a human. It’s a most pathetic form of disrespect in my opinion. It’s simply mocking an animal’s death, and has no place in hunting. But maybe I’m puritanical, dunno...

tu2 tu2

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

I concur as well. Especially in today's environment. That said however...it really was not that big of a deal...and 10 years ago most here (not counting me...but I would not have objected either)...would have gotten a laugh out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is their problem and they now own the animal. I would not personally get involved with what people want to do with their game but note someone will be watching.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Do what we want the ar's/snowflakes/it's will never change, I do not even try to change their minds. Total waste of energy and time.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I think it’s a great photo.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seem rather common (the photos) to me.

I guess it is all in the "eye of the beholder".

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Typical reporting.

Infer that he is hunting for the ivory trade throughout the article then put a weasel worded comment about not stating he is involved in illegal ivory hunting...

And I thought only American journalists were that slimy.

The whole article is aimed at defaming the guy... legally.

Posts: 10988 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised the Australian branch of Humane Society International didn't make up a name and iconic status for the dead baboon. Find a local to talk about how "Eric The Baboon" brought in thousands of tourists, and would amaze them with his cruiser driving abilities before he was senselessly killed. Easier to destroy a person's life when you make up a name for the animal.

Posts: 447 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well said, and you are not puritanical. We need to resist those all-too-human tendencies to be inappropriately "funny."

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Typical reporting.

Infer that he is hunting for the ivory trade throughout the article then put a weasel worded comment about not stating he is involved in illegal ivory hunting...

Exactly Sir. What is more outrageous a baboon with sunglasses or the carcass of a dead elephant.

Bit like USA gun law. A gun is a gun is a gun.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Typical reporting.

Exactly Sir. What is more outrageous a baboon with sunglasses or the carcass of a dead elephant.

The baboon was the lead pic. That’s not an accident. I might posit one act is defensible and one is not. Remember, it’s not the antis that are worth our time and consideration in public perceptions, but non-hunters who are ambivalent - at least for now.

Just saying the baboon trick does little to Convince anyone hunters are anything other than selfish loons reveling in death for fun.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Typical reporting.

The baboon was the lead pic. That’s not an accident. I might posit one act is defensible and one is not. Remember, it’s not the antis that are worth our time and consideration in public perceptions, but non-hunters who are ambivalent - at least for now.

Just saying the baboon trick does little to Convince anyone hunters are anything other than selfish loons reveling in death for fun.

I hear you but blowing a big hole your trophy with you smiling behind holding your big gun still ain't going to cut it with same crowd.

Maybe the future of a safari is a ban on cameras?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Typical reporting.

I hear you but blowing a big hole your trophy with you smiling behind holding your big gun still ain't going to cut it with same crowd.

Often times the big wars we have to fight are the result of many small, seemingly independent and inconsequential decisions. I think making wiser small decisions as we go along can help reduce many of the major battles. Think of the impact of Cecil the Lion. A series of small, poor decisions has led to setbacks we will likely never recover from. That was two people involved in killing one lion. What did Donne say, “No man is an island, entire of itself. Each is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.” Hopefully we can realize this before the bell tolls...

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Typical reporting.

Often times the big wars we have to fight are the result of many small, seemingly independent and inconsequential decisions. I think making wiser small decisions as we go along can help reduce many of the major battles. Think of the impact of Cecil the Lion. A series of small, poor decisions has led to setbacks we will likely never recover from. That was two people involved in killing one lion. What did Donne say, “No man is an island, entire of itself. Each is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.” Hopefully we can realize this before the bell tolls...

OK mate you win and I also thought the baboon stuff was quite distasteful.

I have hunted with many and most respect the game and the sport of hunting. For these the bell does not toll.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
nice bull

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nick has more respect for wild animals than this slut or any of her kind have.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:

shootaway have you considered poetry? Because that was classic prose.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I would not treat any animal I had killed in the way this hunter treated that baboon, much less publish photos of it for viewing by the public. I find it in bad taste.

The lesson (for anyone who didn't already know it) from the publication of such a photo is the savaging that the hunter and hunting in general took in that article.

I have no doubt that the baboon photo spawned the article, which was nothing more than a below-the-belt hit piece.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
The lesson (for anyone who didn't already know it) from the publication of such a photo is the savaging that the hunter and hunting in general took in that article.

I have no doubt that the baboon photo spawned the article, which was nothing more than a below-the-belt hit piece.

you are assuming the photo was placed for public viewing

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
quote:

Not assuming. Below is from the article:

"The images appear to have been taken over a number of trips between 2010 and late 2016, and were posted to an online forum where hunters report their kills on the continent, as well as on a public Photobucket account belonging to a "nickha1". This month, they also surfaced on Twitter."

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

I actually agree with George. tu2

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would not treat any animal I had killed in the way this hunter treated that baboon, much less publish photos of it for viewing by the public. I find it in bad taste.

It is strange that you say this now but never said anything for the past 20 yrs on AR.How many hunt reports have you seen or commented on where there were pictures of baboons in human like poses or disguises? I bet there were quite a few.Don't you think it would have been more appropriate that you had said something then instead of now?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not assuming. Below is from the article:

"The images appear to have been taken over a number of trips between 2010 and late 2016, and were posted to an online forum where hunters report their kills on the continent, as well as on a public Photobucket account belonging to a "nickha1". This month, they also surfaced on Twitter."

They were not set for pubic veiwing from my understanding

one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

The article was crap but the baboon pic was in bad taste and it would have been in bad taste many years ago IMO.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Folks,

The article was crap but the baboon pic was in bad taste and it would have been in bad taste many years ago IMO.

Mark

I don't remember you saying so ever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I concur as well. Especially in today's environment. That said however...it really was not that big of a deal...and 10 years ago most here (not counting me...but I would not have objected either)...would have gotten a laugh out of it.

Agreed but times have changed yet a good number of hard-headed folks keep ranting on with comments like "legal", "god-given rights", etc. as a means to validate their actions.

Gone are the "good old days" - be prepared for the tougher times ahead, the outlook of which is rather bleak.

I'm not being pessimistic; just stating facts. coffee

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Qupted content:

The images appear to have been taken over a number of trips between 2010 and late 2016, and were posted to an online forum where hunters report their kills on the continent, as well as on a public Photobucket account belonging to a "nickha1".

Can't get more public than that. Big Grin

Anything you post on FkBook is bound to circulate no matter what restrictions you apply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It is strange that you say this now but never said anything for the past 20 yrs on AR.How many hunt reports have you seen or commented on where there were pictures of baboons in human like poses or disguises? I bet there were quite a few.Don't you think it would have been more appropriate that you had said something then instead of now?

Those of us who did post comments related to the use of inappropriate photographic material or video clips open to public viewing, were put through the shredder.

We are now paying in full thanks to the "wild bunch".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Agreed but times have changed yet a good number of hard-headed folks keep ranting on with comments like "legal", "god-given rights", etc. as a means to validate their actions.

Gone are the "good old days" - be prepared for the tougher times ahead, the outlook of which is rather bleak.

I agree. Times have changed. Websites like facebook are very, very public.

But honestly, I've never been a fan of photos (or taxidermy work) like the photo of the baboon. To me it is just in poor taste. I wouldn't criticize others, but I'd never do it.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

I agree. Times have changed. Websites like facebook are very, very public.

But honestly, I've never been a fan of photos (or taxidermy work) like the photo of the baboon. To me it is just in poor taste. I wouldn't criticize others, but I'd never do it.

Very true.

But, these idiots will always find something to complain about.

It got so bad in Australia that vegetarians are going into restaurants giving customers leaflets telling them to stop killing animals and eating them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
be careful. Just how safe is your carrier's the likes of Photobucket?

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Typical reporting.

tu2