Notify
Tools

Ivan's new show
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I watched it thought it was well done. Only thing I can complain about is the recap after every commercial. Lots of shows do it. Im not sure if the general public cant remember what has already happened after a couple of commercials and they need this. I don't and it gets on my nerves.

i am sorry , thats dictated to us in the format we have to run for newcomers who may just have tuned in

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
thank you all for watching and for the comments - its appreciated -

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish Ivan all the best, and will watch the show. I don't watch many hunting shows but this one seems to deal with anti poaching, and that interests me.

I also agree 110% with Cal, and disagree John Sharps nonsence, but would die fighting for his right to an opinion, even though I feel its total hypocrisy on his behalf.

I am throughly fed up with 'Political Correctness", of any kind, any where, and those liberal minded folks that advocate it, mostly democrats as a matter of fact, but again they have the right to advocate what they believe in. I also have the right to believe them to be a bunch of light in the shorts idiots, and I will never buckle under to their absurb ideology....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
The Animal Planet channel would be a good place too!! I agree on the recaps after each commercial...best to use that for more footage that people will remember and be affected by!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2600 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I got towards the end of watching the 1st episode tonight on dvr, my 10 year old son said, "Did you record the whole series?", I said yes, he then said "Can we watch another one tomorrow"

great show Ivan, I think Mike has the right idea, we as hunters already get it, hopefully other channels pick this show up

Posts: 1014 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dittos on the kudos.
For what it's worth, I also found the recaps annoying. After recaps, commercials and credits, that 60 minute format is pretty well gutted to about half that. I get that the recaps are required, but do they need to be so long and obtrusive?

Be all that as it may, I enjoyed the program. That is why I would like to see more of it!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't like the recaps either, but folks, they are nothing new, they've been around forever.
Good show Ivan.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
thanks gents , i will visit with our editing team and see if we can "massage" the recaps a little to make them a bit shorter - i am in the sound booth today and tomorrow so will make sure we discuss it - valuable feedback thank you -

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing we all need to remember is that Ivan has done something most of us just talk about. We all say that we are going to do such and such, and some on here do, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to the ones that do, but go with it, Ivan is a great hunter and should be praised for having the balls to put his name out there and put in one jab for us.

Posts: 118 | Location: Utah | Registered: 25 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Watching it on Friday. Missed the first run. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
I thought the show was great. Yes, the recaps were a little much but not too distracting. I too would like to see the show on some additional main stream channels to reach more of an audience. Looking forward to the next episode!

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff SN:
One thing we all need to remember is that Ivan has done something most of us just talk about. We all say that we are going to do such and such, and some on here do, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to the ones that do, but go with it, Ivan is a great hunter and should be praised for having the balls to put his name out there and put in one jab for us.

+1, the show is precisely the type of show needed at this point in time.

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
By far the best conservation show Clara and I have seen. We loved it and saved it on the DVR to show some of our non-hunting friends. Friends that "love animals" but aren't sure about hunting or the animal fanatic agenda. We have friends over tomorrow and our hunting photos and trophies on the wall always inspire questions and conversations. (all of which are Larry and Clara rated #1 in the world, gold/platinum/diamond medal, NBA, NHL, NFL, ABC, LMNOP, NAACP, etc. record book eligible Big Grin) We plan to have this episode on the TV tomorrow.

Thank you Ivan for a great show and we hope to see you at DSC next week.

Best wishes to everyone for good health, safety and happiness in 2016.

Larry

PS. Before anyone flames me on my "trophy rating", that is a joke I use on anyone that asks what animal "x" scored. Our actual system is quite different. It is based on great experiences and memories which makes all of them respected trophies to us.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wait for the croc show.

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Wasn't Carter with Shockey in Mozambique on Shockey's "Uncharted" dealing with a croc issue?

Is Carter's show about the same situation or a different one?

Posts: 802 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good show at the right time.

We need to show the distinction between poaching and conservation based hunting.
This distintion is constantly blurred by the anti-hunting crowd.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Wasn't Carter with Shockey in Mozambique on Shockey's "Uncharted" dealing with a croc issue?

Is Carter's show about the same situation or a different one?

Yes there was an Uncharted episode regarding crocs; however, Ivan's show on crocs is different.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Ivan

I liked the new show and will continue to watch

I'm very happy to see you back on TV and miss you on TAA

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Show's on at 1830 central time...just a reminder in case you wanted to catch it

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Ivan. Just watched the 1st episode of your new Show. Over the top, thanks and keep up the good work! tu2

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I thought was a great show. Now to get it on a channel that's seen by more then just hunters.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2803 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Watched the very fine first on rhinos and poaching, much more real than most wildlife shows. Some raggedness in presentation, with one error in seemingly showing the face of anti-poaching unit member. If it was there, I missed what happened to the rhino poachers being pursued.

Best in the New Year, Ivan. First rate.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Good show
NG and AP for sure and maybe CNN as well

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My family and I enjoyed the show. looking forward to more Ivan.

Posts: 1805 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good show

Posts: 151 | Location: NC | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got to see it yesterday. Extremely well done IMHO. Would love to see it on NatGeo and/or Animal Planet

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 486 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Carney:
Watched the very fine first on rhinos and poaching, much more real than most wildlife shows. Some raggedness in presentation, with one error in seemingly showing the face of anti-poaching unit member. If it was there, I missed what happened to the rhino poachers being pursued.

Best in the New Year, Ivan. First rate.

Regards, Tim

Yes, like Tim I could not tell what happened to the poachers.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New episode on at 8pm central tonight

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched the 2nd episode last night on elephant poaching and was enjoyed it immensely. I just wish it was on a channel that reached a broader group of people.

Excellent camera work, especially with the bulls doing the mock charges and the tracking involved.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Watched it 5 January, too. Excellent camera work with the elephants.

Ivan begins to make it clear, through his friendship with his tracker, how utterly vital black Africans are to the whole of wildlife conservation and, especially, anti-poaching. Expect we will see more about the complex reality of African authorities and poaching, a sometimes ugly reality, as the poaching noted in Etosha, illustrates.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Ivan! A big thumbs up. Looking forward to the next episode!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Two episodes in and not a nod to the benefits of sport hunting in conservation. I love the show, but as a hunter who is seeing his rights crushed daily, the show comes off a bit protectionist/preservationist. Just a comment.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Ivan,

Two episodes in and not a nod to the benefits of sport hunting in conservation. I love the show, but as a hunter who is seeing his rights crushed daily, the show comes off a bit protectionist/preservationist. Just a comment.

Jeff

My thoughts exactly.

Ivan my friend, I think it is essential that you mention, if not stress, the conservation factors involved in sport hunting these magnificent creatures. Employment, food, anti-poaching, protection of species, value on the land, etc. You know the drill and the arguments. Since I assume the whole first season is already in the can, I strongly suggest an in depth discussion with Jim and Branlin Schokey as to what the goals of the series is meant to be. Anytime you are not inside a park boundary you should be seen carrying a rifle, as well.

BTW, I totally find the post commercial recaps to be a total waste of time and an insult to ones ability to retain continuity over a 3 minute commercial break.

See you at SCI

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
100% agreement on these points. Little to no mention about sport hunting and the recaps waste show time and my time.
shane

quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Ivan,

Jeff

My thoughts exactly.

Ivan my friend, I think it is essential that you mention, if not stress, the conservation factors involved in sport hunting these magnificent creatures. Employment, food, anti-poaching, protection of species, value on the land, etc. You know the drill and the arguments. Since I assume the whole first season is already in the can, I strongly suggest an in depth discussion with Jim and Branlin Schokey as to what the goals of the series is meant to be. Anytime you are not inside a park boundary you should be seen carrying a rifle, as well.

BTW, I totally find the post commercial recaps to be a total waste of time and an insult to ones ability to retain continuity over a 3 minute commercial break.

See you at SCI

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recorded the first show on my DVR and have played it back for two different small groups of "acquaintances", none of which hunt but have not (at least openly) berated me for the fact that I do. Even though I fast-forwarded through the commercials for them they still all hit their cell phones each time and when the show resumed it was like they were coming up fo air. Comments at the end were like "gee, I had no idea" etc. Sorry guys, this show has the potential to win some hearts and minds IMHO if we can get it in front of non-hunters on channels like NatGeo and Animal Planet. The format is, IMHO fine for them with the recaps. If the recaps bother you that much for God's sake record them and fast forward through them. Major kudos to you Ivan!!!

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 486 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought recaps were to help engage 'channel flickers' - like my wife, who is in deep training, for when they finally make it an Olympic sport.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second all the positive comments. Ivan has shown the ugly side of poaching and I hope it reaches a world wide audience Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I give them a pass on not mentioning the pros of hunting yet.
I bet they have a game plan for bringing that in sooner or later.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I will say that in the one episode I previewed, there is a hunting component; although it was more in the context of problem animal control. I think they need to be careful how hunting is integrated into the show, first and foremost it is not a hunting show. That is why I believe it belongs long term on NatGeo, History, Discovery, other.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep hoping to hear those famous Carter words;
"Conservation through hunting"

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote