New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ivan's new show
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was watching some shows that I had recorded. I saw a trailer for Ivan's new show. Carter's W.A.R..

Since Ivan has let this out on Facebook,I will make some comments here. I have been privileged to view the first 2 episodes when they were probably 90% done. The show is nothing short of fantastic. VERY intense.

I am not sure when it starts . When it does start, it is worth your time to view it.

The only problem I see is this would be better suited for the Discovery Channel or Nat Geo. Where a lot of non- hunters could view it.

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I agree. I only previewed the first episode but it was very well produced and edited. When you compare the shows to other shows like River Monsters, etc., it fits right in with that genre, sort of a blend between a documentary and a reality-like program. They are a great vehicle for delivering a positive message on the benefits of hunting through a mainstream media channel. Hopefully after the first season we will see this show migrate to Discovery, Nat Geo or The History Channel. That is where I think the show can have its maximum benefit and really fits best.

Mike

Posts: 21394 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Lets hope so
It would be great

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Sounds great! I really like Jim shows as well, we need more shows thats just not shooting.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Outdoor Channel website says it will air sometime in January. Looks very wonderful.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
So nice to hear a hunting show being liked by hunters.

Makes a bloody change from the shows we have been seeing on TV made by utter idiots!

Well done Ivan.

I wish you all the best.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
thanks all - i appreciate the positive comments

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Might have to get cable so I can watch

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ivan it will be an exceptional addition to the outdoor channel.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
As some said before, more likely suited for NG Channel or animal planet
It would reach the audience that needs to be reached otherwise it is nothing but an entertainment for us hunters who already know about hunting and conservation.
Ivan and his team know what they are doing I hope

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outdoor channel's web sight says 12/28 at 2100 EST. I can't find it on the satellite schedule grid at that time, and the search function comes up blank. Therefore I can't set the DVR. Hopefully this will get sorted out.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Also unable to find the program.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same here.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
What exactly is a "wildlife investigator"?

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
ACE Ventura

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I was afraid of that...

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
i have to say i agree with john -

"may the wind stay true for us"
Ivan Carter

With the above endorsement of John Sharp's request to remove hunting photos from the net, I assume Ivan won't be showing any shooting of animals on his new show. Tracking, spotting, discussing strategies, mentioning of fine rifles, conservation etc., is all fine. Just no shooting at animals.

Unless, of course, it is just us who are to remove hunting pics. Most of us don't make any money from our pics and postings.

Sorry for the negativity, but I saw Ivan's post as "do as I say, not do as I do." I hope I'm wrong on this as the only way we will delay the close of most hunting is for unification. (Look to my other thread of writing to the author of the Wall Street Journal). But for someone to agree for us to stop posting photos but to continue to sell videos of killing elephants rubbed me the wrong way.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I would suggest watching the show and then making up your mind. In my opinion the message is one that would be entirely appropriate for mainstream cable outlets. I hope it eventually ends up on Discovery, History Channel, NatGeo, etc.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

Ivan Carter

With the above endorsement of John Sharp's request to remove hunting photos from the net, I assume Ivan won't be showing any shooting of animals on his new show. Tracking, spotting, discussing strategies, mentioning of fine rifles, conservation etc., is all fine. Just no shooting at animals.

Unless, of course, it is just us who are to remove hunting pics. Most of us don't make any money from our pics and postings.

Sorry for the negativity, but I saw Ivan's post as "do as I say, not do as I do." I hope I'm wrong on this as the only way we will delay the close of most hunting is for unification. (Look to my other thread of writing to the author of the Wall Street Journal). But for someone to agree for us to stop posting photos but to continue to sell videos of killing elephants rubbed me the wrong way.
Cal

You are 100% correct!

Posts: 2648 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The show appeared on the satellite search yesterday.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Got it now.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This show is going to put forth a very powerful message, not only to hunters but also to those who do not understand all we, as hunters, do to protect and conserve wildlife. More good stuff to come regarding this.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2825 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I completely understand why the show is starting on The Outdoor Channel, but it will be a real pity if the show does not ultimately migrate to Discovery, NatGeo, etc. It is completely in keeping with the docu/drama genre of many outdoor shows on those cable networks. To be able to reach viewers other than hunters and fishermen would be a huge boost given the message the shows convey.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That's just it
In some ways it is technically wasted on us hunters but like I said before and so did others, NG, animal planet , hallmark and others, it might work. It might it might not

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

Ivan Carter

Cal

Cal:

When you see it , I imagine you will change your mind. Personally, I would not call this a hunting show. I say this having seen 2 episodes.

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with anything shown on hunting videos and support Ivan or anyone else in their endeavors. My point was for a PH to tell us not to post hunting pics when he makes his living hunting and selling videos of doing so. It read a bit of hypocrisy.
Cal
PS. I don't have television reception at my home so I can't watch anything here. By choice. I listen to the news on the radio.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
PS. I don't have television reception at my home so I can't watch anything here. By choice. I listen to the news on the radio.

Here lately I find I watch TV less & less.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don't get that channel.
had the pleasure of meeting Ivan in the joburg airport couple years ago. He sure seemed like a heck of a nice guy.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just set my DVR.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
unfortunately Verizon cable has dumped the Outdoor channel due to Cecil the lion and I dumped the sports package because they did.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just watched it and it was superb, but many of you are right about trying to get it to the other mainstream channels. We already know the message. This show was just about Rhino poaching in South Africa and as far as I could tell....there was no mention of legal sport hunting, but I can see the value of slow playing this part until it gets a bigger audience. You have to bring people along slowly for the message to sink in and it is better if they figure it out on their own rather than being lectured with facts and logic.

One small thing and I might be wrong about this, but when they found the carcass of the mother rhino they acted as if it had been shot only a couple of days earlier, but it looked to me as if it had been dead awhile. It would have been more dramatic if it was the mother, but maybe it was just another rhino victim.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I like the man and the show, but is it different than Paul Watson and "Whale Watchers"?

Ivan is a great spokesman for us, but Cal has a good point.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I do love Ivan's work. He's a great one.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
For those who watched it, the barren ground is saddening, especially at Kruger.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have only seen the trailer but I think what Ivan Carter tries to do here is extremely important, foremost to show the world how bad poaching has become AND teach the world the difference between poaching and legal hunting and showing the world that legal hunting really is conservation..

I hope his programs will hammer into people these simple facts and I believe/hope that Carter is the right man to do it.....because he is both balanced and straight to the point.

I really hope that this series end up on National Geograhic/Discovery etc. because the World really needs to be educated on these matters..

Ivan...I think what you try to do is extremely important and your programs ougth to be shown to the mainstream public, ie like the aforementioned channels.

Will these programs be available on DVD...?

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a VERY GOOD show, Well Done Ivan...and team!!....actually aired twice on OUTDOOR Channel today. I see the Shockey clan had some involvement too....I really hope the Anti's tune in and begin to understand the role of hunters as conservationists...and who provides the funding for this work...specifically ANTI-POACHING in the first show!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2600 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree it was a good show. However , of the 2 shows I was asked to preview, I thought the croc show was the best.Stay tuned.

One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Powerful show. As Mike said from his early viewing - this belongs on a mainstream channel to reach a much broader audience. The OUTDOOR channel is a good start - there are plenty of "hunters" who can benefit as well. Branlin Shockey may be the best outdoor producer today.

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I watched it thought it was well done. Only thing I can complain about is the recap after every commercial. Lots of shows do it. Im not sure if the general public cant remember what has already happened after a couple of commercials and they need this. I don't and it gets on my nerves.

I too wish it was on natgeo or history channel. The average person has very little insight into what's actually going on in Africa.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote