Find
Notify
Tools

SCI in Vegas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted
I may have missed it, but will there be any kind of an AR gathering in Vegas for the convention?

Posts: 149 | Location: Lometa, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe AR has any close affiliation with SCI - supportive of DSC though. Wink

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
There usually is at least one unofficial meeting at the Giraffe bar.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
If you set up a get-together, please make it on Thursday. This will be my last convention, and I'm returning to Tucson on Friday. I'd like to put names from this site to faces.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I set up an AR meeting in Reno last year that was well attended. I know nothing about Vegas so cannot help but would attend if someone sets something up. I agree with Bill that Thursday night would be a good choice.

fujotupu - Once again you attempt to speak with authority on a topic of which you know nothing. For someone only registered here for the past 14 months, I don't understand how you can possibly be so presumptuous. But this is the internet, after all, so anyone can become an instant expert. Your contribution to this thread is entirely useless, non-responsive to the OP and a waste of space.
coffee

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 donttroll

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike - My thoughts exactly!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
I set up an AR meeting in Reno last year that was well attended. I know nothing about Vegas so cannot help but would attend if someone sets something up. I agree with Bill that Thursday night would be a good choice.

fujotupu - Once again you attempt to speak with authority on a topic of which you know nothing. For someone only registered here for the past 14 months, I don't understand how you can possibly be so presumptuous. But this is the internet, after all, so anyone can become an instant expert. Your contribution to this thread is entirely useless, non-responsive to the OP and a waste of space.
coffee

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Having never been to an SCI show, I decided I'd make the trip to Vegas this winter. My flight doesn't get in until Fri morning, so I'd be up for a gathering if one happens on Fri or Sat.

Phil, will you have a booth at the show?

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to a map of this years SCI event in Vegas. Should be able to pick a spot to meet on here I would think.

http://member.scifirstforhunte...gas2012/default.html

I think you might need exocad to view it, it is free to download i believe. Cool program to view the map.

Looks like it is going to be a monster of a show, it will be a first time for me. have heard that there is going to be a lot more exibitors.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by opus72:
Having never been to an SCI show, I decided I'd make the trip to Vegas this winter. My flight doesn't get in until Fri morning, so I'd be up for a gathering if one happens on Fri or Sat.

Phil, will you have a booth at the show?

Same here!! Fri & Sat only for us.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LionHunter & Larry, he may have been here only 14 months but he sure has a read on "AR" taken as a whole is anti SCI, eh. Especially the national show a/k/a "the rip off of outfitters geathering". Big Grin

The whole being the owner.

I guess I'll be banned.

HELP with Dallas.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Posted 01 November 2011 21:29

"""For you AR members coming to our convention in January, DSC will be providing a meeting room for the use of AR members to meet and socialize;

DSC is a wonderfull, generous host!

Very true.

Thank you Karl, I am sure AR members appreciate this.""""""

Take note Messrs. Lionhunter/Sellers Big Grin

These are not my quotes but I quote you:

"Once again you attempt to speak with authority on a topic of which you know nothing"

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
I will be at SCI. Please post if we can have an AR get-together.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I plan to be there Thursday and Friday. Be nice to get together.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Im setting up shop so gonna B there for the duration.A nice little hobnob with pals in a foreighn land is aleays welcome Smiler

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
We usually go to Dallas, but we're probably going to try SCI this year, since it isn't in such a pain to get to this time. (Reno is such a sad little town.) 'Not a big fan of Sin City either, but Southwest makes it cheap and easy.

I'll pay the highway-robbery fee to walk the trade-show floor, just this one time. Do you old-timers walk around carrying all your medals and trophies? 'Can't wait.hilbily

I'd attend an AR gathering if something is arranged.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We do. Watch for us. Big Grin Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Myself and the Mrs. will be there Thur-Fri-Sat

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I and perhaps the Mrs will be there Thurs, Fri and Sat

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there and look forwardvto putting some faces to your posts!
Dave

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vince I will be in a middle of a cougar hunt so we may have to have are meeting the beginning of December!! Wink

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1238 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
doug,

YOu can cougar hunt in Vagas.

Just sayin. Cool

I will be coming in on the 1st Directly from another trip in the bahamas and trying to do both SCI and RMEF by Sunday.

I am game if there is a gathering.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about SCI v. DSC politics and definitely don't have a dog in that hunt. However, some of my friends are only coming over for the SCI show, so I am making the pilgrimage. Also, not being a "community organizer", I don't have any experience putting anything like this together. However, that being said, I would like to put some faces to names and hear some of your lies first hand. My group will be there Friday night and Saturday night. Is anybody familiar with the area and have any suggestions for a meeting site? Doug - I hope you save some big cats for me!

Posts: 149 | Location: Lometa, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
will be there Wednesday and thursday only.

a usual stop by the Giraffe Bar for beer is a good idea (daily! tu2)--at about 430pm for those that can't make a organized official AR party.

stop by and say hello if you are there Big Grin

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'll be there. Look for the short guy from the western Montana SCI bunch. That's me. I'll check back to see if anyone gets organized.

Squeeze dang-it!

Posts: 33 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 16 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Checked into hotel...waiting for Xmas day to start in the morning!!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:

Best regards, D. Nelson

We don't get down there till Friday in the morning. We'll give you a call sometime after that.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Hope to see many of you there. Call me out if I fail to recognize you first.

In Wednesday night. Out Sunday morning.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
boarding a flight in 8 hours, have some business to attend to tomorrow evening and will be at the show thursday ....

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Got into town at 1330hrs. Waited 30 minutes for the shuttle to depart (@$6 pp) should have taken a cab. Checked into the Luxor and took a walk towards the Mandalay Bay convention ctr. Found some good friends and began to party around 1600hrs. Had a couple of Don Julio 1942s. Dined at the Irish Pub between the MB and Luxor around 1930hrs - great grub, reasonable $ and really Irish! Back to room at 2100hrs and will be at the show first thing to see old friends and consummate Elephant hunt for 2012.

I hate Vegas, but so far, so good (but not as good as Reno). The hotel has issues. Here until late Friday afternoon. Where are we meeting?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mike,

That's Ri Ra. I love that place; it has a great atmosphere and very good food. The Guiness is always nice and cold.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quickshot:

a usual stop by the Giraffe Bar for beer is a good idea (daily! tu2)--at about 430pm for those that can't make a organized official AR party.

Jeery, please remeber to pick up you Aromat from booth 248... Looking forward to see you and the boys...
By the way, a few of us and the Zim boys where in Cathouse in Luxor tonight, and may I suggest it as an alternative to the Rumbullions-get-togheter after hours?

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl S:
quote:
Originally posted by quickshot:

Jeery, please remeber to pick up you Aromat from booth 248... Looking forward to see you and the boys...
By the way, a few of us and the Zim boys where in Cathouse in Luxor tonight, and may I suggest it as an alternative to the Rumbullions-get-togheter after hours?

All the Zim boys that I know would gravitate to a place called "Cathouse" like a moth to a flame. Irrestible.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:

Best regards, D. Nelson

We don't get down there till Friday in the morning. We'll give you a call sometime after that.

See you Friday!!! Darin

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you set up a get-together, please make it on Thursday. This will be my last convention, and I'm returning to Tucson on Friday. I'd like to put names from this site to faces.

I had planned on going to this one but circumstances dictated otherwise. Knowing this makes missing this year even more frustrating.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
just settled into the hotel, Im game for whatever since my friends dont get in untill friday night.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote