THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Great idea for Craig Boddington regarding Punki
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great idea for Craig Boddington regarding Punki
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a great idea for Craig Boddington regarding Punki's assistance.

How many of you would buy this video?

Craig, make a video of the Punki leopard incident, showing the time, place and chain of events leading up to his attack. Have Punki himself describe what it was like from his perspective, being mauled by a Leopard and finally being shot.

I think such a video would give Punki alot of recognition and give him alot of pride in himself.

Finally, give ALL profits made from the video to Punki and his family. I'm sure that this would make him quite a rich man, as well as giving the hunting community a great sense of pride in making a difference in this man's life.

What do you all think?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO,

If there is actually footage of this, it should never see the light of day. If you were troubled by the sensationalist bent of the written word, let this get about 2 million hits on You Tube etc. Bad Idea.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I can see it now: "Yes, this is the exact moment where the leopard attacks me, and knocks me down. Then, as you can see, he is ravaging me in this footage and attempting to tear flesh from my bones, and then, wait for it, yes, here is the moment I am shot, and feel the round rip through me..."

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not feeling like this idea's such a great one... bewildered

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just my opinion, but I think you could elevate tacky to an art form.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
How about this idea.

Since Boddington claims to always pay for his hunts, and he hunts 4-6 times a year in Africa, he pays the medical bills instead of accepting donations from a bunch of guys who make far less a year than he does?

How many of you guys have ever sent money to help pay for any other tracker that was hurt doing his job?

How many of you would send the money if the name Boddington wasn't involved? Or if the name would have been Sullivan?

How's that for and idea?

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gator1,

I give money all the time for many reasons. If anyone askes and I have it I will give. I would of gave to Punki recovery fund even if an asshole like you asked.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Disagree with the negative comment about Craig, but the money I gave was to Punki, no one else. I've never met him, but he's a good hunter and in need. Enough for me.

Posts: 10085 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First off 'Gator1'; what does Mr. Craig Boddington have to with the incident? It was his adult daughter that was involved, not Craig! Secondly it sounds like you have an axe to grind with Craig. Sounds as though you are upset that he is making a good living doing what he loves to do, and you are not. Get over it! I don't know you, but you are sounding like an immature ass. Mr. Boddington has shown himself to be quite the gentleman even after ridicule from another idiot regarding this unfortunate incident. While those involved are trying to get thru the stress, and heal from their mental and physical wounds, it's sad that others with little or no sense feel the need to spout crap that is neither useful or appreciated by more intellegent folks. If I were you and made that comment, I would come back with an apology to Mr. Boddington AND his daughter Brittany for being such a dumb ass!

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator1:
How about this idea.

Since Boddington claims to always pay for his hunts, and he hunts 4-6 times a year in Africa, he pays the medical bills instead of accepting donations from a bunch of guys who make far less a year than he does?

How many of you guys have ever sent money to help pay for any other tracker that was hurt doing his job?

How many of you would send the money if the name Boddington wasn't involved? Or if the name would have been Sullivan?

How's that for and idea?

This post got me thinking.

And I am glad to see this sort of negative thought is in the extreme minority.

No one is being forced to give anything to Punki, or anyone else for that matter.

And whether Craig pays for his hunts or otherwise is between him those he hunts with.

Come to think of it, I have been accused of peing paid for allowing outfitters to post hunts on AR. And no matter how much I deny it, I seem to get the odd individual who would write to me asking if I would consider "forgetting the 15% commission" I am supposed to be getting. Just to "help a newbie African hunter".

We have had a number of causes being donated to - again, by choice.

In the past, I got individuals who wanted to help with the expenses I pay for running AR, I refused their offers. But they still insisted.

We decided to use that money and offer a hunt to one of our members.

Mike won that hunt, and I think he had a great time.

On several other occasions, people donated either their time, or money, to members of this forum.

It was done by choice, and I commend them for doing it.

All are done by choice.

So if it is your choice not to pay anything, that is fine.

But, to actively try to turn this into a negative, is a bit much.

To go to the other extreme, every member who answers someone else questions is giving his time, and knowldge, to help his fellow hunters.

Isn't that the whole idea of a web forum?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67228 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Gator1:
How about this idea.

How's that for and idea?

This post got me thinking.

And I am glad to see this sort of negative thought is in the extreme minority.

No one is being forced to give anything to Punki, or anyone else for that matter.

And whether Craig pays for his hunts or otherwise is between him those he hunts with.

Come to think of it, I have been accused of peing paid for allowing outfitters to post hunts on AR. And no matter how much I deny it, I seem to get the odd individual who would write to me asking if I would consider "forgetting the 15% commission" I am supposed to be getting. Just to "help a newbie African hunter".

We have had a number of causes being donated to - again, by choice.

In the past, I got individuals who wanted to help with the expenses I pay for running AR, I refused their offers. But they still insisted.

We decided to use that money and offer a hunt to one of our members.

Mike won that hunt, and I think he had a great time.

On several other occasions, people donated either their time, or money, to members of this forum.

It was done by choice, and I commend them for doing it.

All are done by choice.

So if it is your choice not to pay anything, that is fine.

But, to actively try to turn this into a negative, is a bit much.

To go to the other extreme, every member who answers someone else questions is giving his time, and knowldge, to help his fellow hunters.

Isn't that the whole idea of a web forum?

I've watched this thing unfold from afar on here for a while and I have to say that I disagree with you.

It seems that anyone who questions the deity of the Boddingtons on here gets crucified but Gator1 has a good point. Why doesn't Boddington or the PH he worked for pony up the money for the tracker's care instead begging for donations all over cyberspace? After all, it was his kid who shot him.

Posts: 1 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: 04 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fellas,

I started this discussion as a sincere suggestion on how the hunting community can help out a poor bastard who was mauled by a leopard, and to add insult to injury....shot!
Why is it that some of you always have to add drama and your own bullshit into an honest discussion?

As for you Kamo, your bitchy response dosen't surprise me since I do recall some of your past pissing contests with other members in previous discussions.
By the way, from what I read earlier, the actual mauling and shooting WAS NOT caught on film, so my idea was NOT to have Punki narrate a train wreck, it was only to have him, in his own words, give an interview on what happened.

Anyway, whatever you think of my suggestion it was made in a sincere way...lighten up for christ's sake!!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree Saeed. Frankly I am sick of the negativism (sometimes even tongue-in-cheek) that seems to crop up from time to time. I try as best I can to tune them out and move on to more meaningful posts. When someone goes to extra lengths to help others for whatever reason I always find myself smiling and thinking what a kind gesture it is. I wish all our posts were such.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought the post was hilarious, dorky, perhaps; but dumb humor that should entertain the large percentage here who still think wrestling on TV is real...

No one here has any idea how much $$$ Craig and his family have contributed to this fund.

I saw no slight to the Boddingtons, the accident was just one of those bad things that occasionally happen to good people. If there was a video and it was shown here, most of you would probably soil yourselves. The whole thing likely lasted less time than it takes most of us to say "Oh Shit!".

Long ago, in a far away galaxy known as the Vietnam War; I served in an Army Ranger Company. I was not special, but I saw men get surprised in an ambush or just a terminal confrontation. I was packing a brand, shiny new M-203. That's an M-16 with a short grenade launcher under the barrel. I walked point around a di-di trail and there were four NVA soldiers standing there in a group. By sheer reflex I went "Oh Shit" mentally and jerked the grenade launcher trigger by reflex. It was a bad dream, "ploop" and the four of them went down. These were old dudes, experienced warriors on their home turf. They just got surprised and I flinched first. Four dead men in about 1/2 a second, and none of them (thank God) got a shot off. I ain't bragging, I can still see those four men some nights. Brittany will replay that whole scenario in her head the rest of her life. How many of you have ever looked a man in the eye and shot him dead? Or even shot at someone on purpose?
Thank God Punki is "fixable".

Think before you open your mouth on here. This is not some game to play.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
I frequent this forum for the “real time” information and updates that are available on African hunting issues, and I try REALLY hard to avoid the ego wars that crop up. (I wouldn’t win anyway as I am currently not Ego driven, but ruled by my Id – not a half bad situation most of the time.) Anyway, I think there are a few characters on here that would even trash Jesus Christ if he returned and solicited a little help to get underway in today’s economic climate.

I appreciate the opportunity to participate (though the small donation I made) in Punki’s recovery and in Brittany’s. From the hills of Virginia there is precious little I can physically do to help either. But as a member of the hunting “community” I still felt compelled to make some gesture.

The Punki Recovery Fund is the vehicle I used to offer my support, financially and emotionally. The money I sent will go toward Punki’s care, but just as importantly, it will serve as another confirmation to Brittany that people understand and that we support her during this time.

Craig and Brittany,
Thanks for allowing me an opportunity to show my support.

Susan Brewer
(a proud member of Saeed's Internet community)

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
The general spirit of this thread (and others on the topic) is in bad taste. I don't favor censorship, but sometimes it's better to be charitable and shut people up to save them future embarrasment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, Saeed time to delete this

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
Fellas,

I started this discussion as a sincere suggestion on how the hunting community can help out a poor bastard who was mauled by a leopard,

Anyway, whatever you think of my suggestion it was made in a sincere way...lighten up for christ's sake!!

It was a sincere commercially viable idea that likely would have been twisted and misrepresented by others. I disagree with the concept and said so.

The tenor of these forums is getting to be just a bit much. An idea like this is an idea. Wolfgar floated an idea and just an idea. These flame ups are getting nastier and nastier. I am personally growing weary of watching folks who have more in common than not eviscerate each other.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nicely said Bwana!

It was just something I thought would be a good idea. Shame how things get twisted.

You are a gentleman, take care.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with BB.

On other matters, I sent money. I don't give a damn who he was hunting with or who shot him. Here is some poor guy who got shot doing what he loves and trying to male a living. He needs help. If I can help a little, I am happy to do so.

Posts: 12005 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect most folks here don't discuss what they donate to their religion or other worthy causes. Those that do are not donating for the right reason. The character of Craig Boddington tells me he has probably written a check to help the wounded tracker. I do not know that for a fact, but then it is none of my damn business! Gentlemen donate for the right reason. The rest bloviate!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to reality for a moment.

The tape is evidence. I'm surprised the Namibian authorites allowed it to leave the country---assuming they knew one existed. In cases such as this in the modern world, the original tape would have been kept by the authorities. Letting the tape get away was a poor decision.

Punki is apparently not out of the woods yet. He is suffering from an infection. Let's say, God forbid, that he passes. The matter then becomes a homicide investigation until the cause of death can be determined.

This incident remains a very serious matter.

Just some things to think about.

I am hoping for the best for all concerned, and I don't care what their names are.

114-R10David

Posts: 1750 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Good intent bad idea.

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
Fellas,

I started this discussion as a sincere suggestion on how the hunting community can help out a poor bastard who was mauled by a leopard, and to add insult to injury....shot!
Why is it that some of you always have to add drama and your own bullshit into an honest discussion?

As for you Kamo, your bitchy response dosen't surprise me since I do recall some of your past pissing contests with other members in previous discussions.
By the way, from what I read earlier, the actual mauling and shooting WAS NOT caught on film, so my idea was NOT to have Punki narrate a train wreck, it was only to have him, in his own words, give an interview on what happened.

That you chose to include the words 'bitchy response' is pretty amusing, I think, considering. Roll Eyes

Just what exactly did you hope that such a reenactment would accomplish? Teaching folks how to dodge a bullet shot at them from close range, maybe?

Gimme' a break in general, and more, from your silly idea already. I wasn't attacking you, just calling the sense of such an endeavor into question--and not in a nasty way. I guess that fact eluded you in your rush to hit back at a phantom.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting here at work, too late on a Sunday night, having worked all day and night Saturday and thus far Sunday. I'm aggravated, tired and generally in a bad mood, so please cut me some slack.

I agree with Saeed and others (I'm too tired and lazy to scroll up to see who). If you want to help Punki, fine. If you don't fine. But we don't need this to degenerate into a Craig Boddington issue (Craig had nothing to do with it).

Posts: 10085 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good intent bad idea.

BINGO!!

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could this be a workers compensation or other legal type issue?

The hunt was being conducted for the purposes of filming and later selling the video for a TV show or DVD.

Punki was in some way then working for the prodcution company and Punki was hurt while performing the functions for which he was hired.

What is the liability of the production company?

Aside from this issue. If it was my daughter I would defend her to the death and I would do everything I could to make sure that Punki recovers and has some compensation. I am not a big Boddington fan, but he and his daughter appear to be stand up people.

Posts: 397 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys
I can put this one to bed, there will not be a tape of the Punki mauling released. We feel it would make a tough situation more difficult in every way. We DID make any and all "evidence" available to the proper authorities, and the ruling was it was an accidental shooting.
The spirit of this idea was in good faith, but it would, in reality ,be a bad idea in our estimation. There are lots more important things than selling DVD's... Helping this guy is one of them
And yes, Craig has" come to the party" financially, BIG TIME, just to put that to rest.
Thanks to those of you who have sent both prayers and donations.
Good Hunting
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
The Greatest idea for everyone involved in the situation, is to have all of us arm chair Geniuses, show moral support for them and financial support for Punki and his family if they are able, and chalk the whole situation up as another story to be added to the real stories of what hunting DG in Africa is really like. JMO.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I guess there are some interesting questions raised here--and I don't mind answering those that can be answered. First, this was an accident. To our knowledge no charges will be filed, and we do understand Punki will survive and recover, although the infection is a setback.

Reality: The medical bills are extremely high.

Reality: My daughter is an adult, and I was 1,000 miles away. I am not liable for the costs from this accident. She does not have liability insurance to cover such an event, and in fact I'm not certain she is liable, since she was under the direction of a licensed guide. But none of that matters a damn. Brittany is my daughter, and Krugers are my friends. We are working together to solve the problem.

Their insurance refuses to cover, we're still working that issue but it doesn't look good. In part this is because the correct decision was made to take Punki to the best medical care available, cost be damned. Had this not been done we might have lost him, so it's cheap at whatever price.

Further reality: I have seen on a couple of websites that "I am wealthy so I should just pay for this." I wish I could! I do hunt a lot--but that's what I do. In fact, writing about hunting and doing some TV/DVD work is all I do. There is no pot of gold, and you would giggle if you knew how little money there actually was in any single project. Fortunately I write fast (if not well), and I work my butt off, so it sort of works for me--but I am not prepared for a disaster like this. Like most Americans, our expenses pretty much equal our income, and like many Americans, our retirement fund was wiped out when the market crashed last year. I would love to write the check and get this behind us--but I don't have it, and with upside down property values I can't even borrow it. So we are scrambling.

While the actual liability is a difficult question, it's really a moot point. We are working together to solve this problem.

Having seen all the evidence, I strongly believe this was an unfortunate accident that, under the circumstances, could well have happened to any of us (me included). In that vein, I suggested to Brittany that she should start the Punki Recovery Fund. We are truly grateful to those who see fit to assist us, but I have no issues whatsoever with those who do not wish to. Lord knows none of us have money to burn, and there are always more places to send money than there is money to send.
Meantime, I am selling some guns that I really don't wish to sell, because there is no slush fund to cover what will probably exceed 50k in medical expenses. Omujeve and I are working together with Safari Classics to auction a leopard hunt "package" to assist in this effort--you may hear more about that. In the meantime, we are continuing to ensure that Punki gets the best care possible. He will recover, which means those bills are well worth whatever they cost.
Thanks to all, Craig

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Please post the address. I realize it its posted elsewhere, but more exposure is better.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For starters Wolfgar: Don't ever describe a tracker or African dog handler as a "poor bastard." He may not have as much money as you, but I guarantee you for what he does he's richer in spirit, desire and bravery, than you are. We all get the intentions of your first and second post, but Punki should never be described as a "poor bastard." On one hand, you offer up an idea that could help him, and then devalue him by calling him a "poor bastard." That's not fair Wolfgar. If you had any idea, of how he puts his life on the line when he goes to work, you would not describe him like that. Punki deserves better. And so in that spirit...
$5000.00
Craig, consider 1/10th of Punki's eventual expenses erased. My check for $5000.00 is in the mail. And I challenge every member here to reach into his pocket and give what he or she can. I know some of you already have. Asante.

We as fellow hunters have no other choice but to help out each other in times of need. If we can't count on ourselves, that says little about our community. Writing about it on this board is fine, but we should also be writing a check to help Punki. It was an accident for God's sake! And one of our own got shot. Why are some casting barbs at each other? I don't care if he is White, Black, Hispanic, Indian, Asian, Jewish, Muslim, gay, straight, affluent, poverty-stricken or whatever. He is a HUNTER. That means everyone of you who posts here, has something in common with that man, and should be moved to help him out in this time of need.

I'm not asking you to match my gift of $5000.00. Give $50.00, $100,00, $150.00 or whatever you can. Every donation helps. You can be damn sure that Craig & Brittany would do the same thing for one of us, if the situation was reversed.

Bwana Moja

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Mark (Bwana Moja) on the "poor bastard" remark. I have spent a lot of time working in 3rd world countries with folks that do not have the "toys" we in the West and in Europe have. However, I see and feel a "richness" of life that you and I will never know because we do not know what it means to have all we have on the "inside", not on the outside.

Have you ever wondered why "poor" people have no problem with the concept of heaven and God? It is largely because they can easily relate to a heaven that is better than anything we could "have" on this earth. They "get it". We "rich bastards" usually do not. They value things that are truly valuable whereas we rich guys do not.

Next time you go to Africa, see if the "poor guys" ask you to share a meal with them. They prefer the company of people who are much richer in spirit than many of us.

Thanks for your comments Mark.

Posts: 10251 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
SableTrail:

Very generous move on your part.

I think Wolfgar meant "poor bastard" in the colloquial sense of "unfortunate victim." I do not think it was in any sense a reflection on Punki's vocation, economic status, or the like. Of course it is not for me to speak for him, but that is how I read it.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana Moja: GOD BLESS YOU and THANK YOU! You are a fine man as well as a great hunter.

The fund, legally established by Brittany Boddington, is the Punki Recovery Fund

The address is:

Punki Recovery Fund
PO Box 33303
Granada Hills, CA 91394

Brittany is handling this fund, and will be making wire transfers to Namibia.

Again, thanks very much to all,
with best regards,
Craig

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
SableTrail:

Very generous move on your part.

I think Wolfgar meant "poor bastard" in the colloquial sense of "unfortunate victim." I do not think it was in any sense a reflection on Punki's vocation, economic status, or the like. Of course it is not for me to speak for him, but that is how I read it.

As I re-read the post, I agree with you.

Posts: 10251 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig "Bwana Mingi Risasi" Boddington:

My pleasure! And to Charles and Dogcat, I hope you're right. When posting I do admit it's sometimes hard to read in between the lines, detect all the subtle nuances of English and to determine with certainty the colloquial sense. Maybe it was just a poor choice of words on Wolfgar's point part. But to see "poor bastard", given everything Punki has endured the last couple weeks---well it just kinda rubbed me.

Moja

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Just as yours did, my 401K became a 101K. So I can't afford much but will mail out a check tomorrow. Should it be made out to Brittany or the Punki Recovery Fund???

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Charles and Dogcat are correct.

I am guilty of using the same phrase to describe someone has an unfortunate event happen to them.

Posts: 12005 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about $1 for each letter posted on this thread by the "contributors". That should about cover the medical expenses! I will send my check $117.00

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marc!!

Take a deep breath now!!

Please forgive me for my choice of words, but I am not as eloquent as Bwana Mojo.

When I called Punki a "poor bastard" I meant it for a person who was unlucky or unfortunate enough to have been mauled by a Leopard and shot by a 300 Win mag.....I can assure you that his financial and/or social status did not come to mind at any point in the process. Why do you read it that way Marc?

Why on earth would I originate a discussion (who's only purpose was to raise some money for this "poor bastard") only to degrade him for his financial/social status?

My heart goes out to Punki and I have nothing but respect and affection for every native tracker, etc that I have had the pleasure of hunting with....there would be NO hunting without them!