THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Great idea for Craig Boddington regarding Punki
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great idea for Craig Boddington regarding Punki
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gator,
Good point, How much money did AR raise for the family (4 beautiful daughters and wife Tania) of Christo Kaiser who was stomped in Botswana NG41 on I believe May 11 2007. I wasn't around then but I bet it didn't make all this fuss back then.
Chipolopolo

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sue, are you saying that Mr. Boddington posted personal info here on the internet because he wanted to keep it private?

That makes no sense to me, but the earth is spinning pretty fast and maybe it sucked the blood out of my head.

Posts: 41 | Location: southern Cal. | Registered: 08 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
Green Mamba,

Take a moment and return to my post and read it very carefully - this time for meaning. Better yet, since it appears you are suffering some sort of encumbrance, let me spare you the search. Read below:

quote:
Do you really think the only reason this topic has been discussed here is because a person close to the event posted details or an update?

Human nature 101: Whenever there is a lack of information, someone will make up something to fill the void.

The topic would have been discussed here and countless other places whether or not the INITIAL POSTS were made. At least HERE, the discussions began with a presentation of the facts.

Your question:
"Sue, are you saying that Mr. Boddington posted personal info here on the internet because he wanted to keep it private?"

My answer:
No, I’m not saying that - as you can plainly read in my post. My post refers to the initial posts regarding the details of an event that was destined to be reported and beat to death on this forum and countless others – not privately.

And yes, the smaller you are, the more the earth’s movement will affect you. I guess you’ll just have to try and be a bigger person.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Anybody else find it just too coincidental that Adrook gets nuked and there are suddenly two new contenders for his crown??

Just sayin'...

yep

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
who is Craig Boddington and where can I buys his film in germany.

Posts: 42 | Location: Munich, Germany | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish you jerks would just leave Mr. Boddington alone. So what if he had a hunting accident?! If the black guy does not like how much he is getting paid for his inconvenience, then he can sue.

Posts: 37 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpinejaeger:
who is Craig Boddington and where can I buys his film in germany.

Craig is a gentleman, a retired US Marine officer, and a very well known hunting and firearms author. For more information and a place to buy his books and videos, check this web site:

Craig Boddington

Heinz, Willkommen in der AR-Foren. Sorry, dass einige Leute gegeben haben Sie diffiicult Zeit. Es gibt ein paar Löcher ass hier vor allem in er politisches Forum. Es ist gut, aber die meisten Menschen in interestd Jagd, und Sie können eine Menge lernen. Ignorieren Sie die Löcher und Esel aus der Ruhe.

Ich lebte in Ramstein in Rheinland-Pfalz für 4 Jahre vor 30 Jahren. Mein Deutsch ist sehr rostig, so habe ich das Internet für die Übersetzer mit dieser Hilfe. Ich hoffe, dass Sie die Nachricht lesen kann.

Gute Jagd und Weidmannsheil.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All i can say is that there are some fine people on this forum helping out a man that needs serious help. Africa is not cheap and the good hospitals are far and few, and when you do get there they are really expensive. I pray and hope for a full recovery and once again AR has some amazing people. clap

Posts: 52 | Location: TANZANIA | Registered: 16 August 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The generosity of people is amazing and it speaks well of the human race. i don't think the world has gone to hell in a hand basket yet.
Also just want to clarify that Craig did not have an accident his daughter did... (re: whackemandstackem's last post)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the black guy does not like how much he is getting paid for his inconvenience, then he can sue.

Ooooh, tempting "Whackem" but I'm just gonna leave it alone. Can I ask you however sir, who are you and from where do you hail? The innocent victim has been called a lot of names. Can we just all agree to call him rightfully, Punki.

Bwana Moja

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a sad fact that the life of a black man has little economic value, especially in Africa. In Germany, black man are very clearly outcasted.

Posts: 42 | Location: Munich, Germany | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbanger
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry this accident happened, and I'm equally appalled at the piss poor attitudes proudly posted for all to see. My mother would hang her head in shame if I didn't show any better raising than that. P.S. Phil, you're one of my favorite writers just like Craig is.

Gpopper

Posts: 296 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
What kind of low life scumbag posts a comment like this anonymously on AR? donttroll

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is the right place, but I just heard from Trevor Filmer, Punki's actual employer . . . Punki is arriving home (Eastern Cape) today, will be checked into a private hospital there. I don't have any other details on his prognosis, but clearly he is well enough to get on a commercial plane, so progress is being made.
Thanks, Craig

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Boddington,
Your feedback on Punki's recovery progress indicates a positive outlook for our friend.
The outstanding efforts put in by your family and outsiders is to be commended.
Mr. Filmer has also given a great contribution in assuring thet the best possible medical treatment
is being made available to Punki and I have no doubt he will overcome the infection.
My main concern is directed at his physical well-being: is he walking?...if he is then he'll be
back on those tracks in no time.

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eish,
Did someone open the can of poephol bait?

This thread is becoming quite sad indeed...

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whackem, dude, WTF. I hope you're not suggesting what it seems so obvious that you are.

If you are in fact from Dothan, which I seriously doubt, I am ashamed that I have to share MY state with the likes of you. This comment is completely out of line and uncalled for. Regardless of what axe you have to grind, those kinds of accusations and comments about a man's daughter will get your ass whipped in Dothan, Alabama. Don't forget that shithead.

God, I can't believe that I've let this asshole drag me down to his level. Enough is enough though. Ignore on.

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whackem,

That's pretty low.

Do you have a daughter?

You should get banned for that one.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
God, I can't believe that I've let this asshole drag me down to his level. Enough is enough though. Ignore on.

He is one of a number of the prize idiots we have had come to the forums since I banned Andy Rook

As can be clearly seen, they missed on good upbringing and the learning of decent manners.

And if anyone had the slightes doubt on why Andy got banned, this should remove it.

These are the sort of people he enjoys mixing with.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67051 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed, for keeping a clean house here. I can't believe I let that get to me the way I did. That kind of statement enfuriates me to no end. I don't have a daughter, but do have a niece who is like my own. Those kind of comments about her would definitely result in use of force.

David Walker

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

He is one of a number of the prize idiots we have had come to the forums since I banned Andy Rook

As can be clearly seen, they missed on good upbringing and the learning of decent manners.

And if anyone had the slightes doubt on why Andy got banned, this should remove it.

These are the sort of people he enjoys mixing with.

Saeed

That sounds an awfully lot like something DaMan would say. Particularly the part about being from Alabama.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whackem that was a low blow, you probably think its funny thinking youre an actual rebel but all you are is pathetic, disrespectful and stupid. Saeed people like this give AR members a bad name and he shouldnt get the time of day.

Posts: 52 | Location: TANZANIA | Registered: 16 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I understand that it is your policy at times to let posts stand for whatever reason. I see no good reason to allow Whackem's post (or Whackem for that matter) to remain for all to see. It serves no purpose but to infuriate and hurt those it is directed towards.

George

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
What fun someone (ADrook?? & Co.) - = AlpineJaeger = Whackem = Klink = fill in the blank is having....unfortunately, like drug addicts on street corners, panhandlers, and other vagrants, he is simply reducing the enjoyment of others here- and like other bums who use donations of kind people to buy alcohol or dope, the poster here uses the sincere responses of members as fodder to antagonize.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great,

Now Dirty Harry is getting in the mix.

If Obama doesn't do something about unemployment soon, I am going to bail on this site.

Is there something amusing about this behaviour that I am missing?

BTW: If this were my daughter and I found out who this poster is, we would take a little trip to Fist City...

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 404WJJeffery:
What fun someone (ADrook?? & Co.) - = AlpineJaeger = Whackem = Klink = fill in the blank is having....unfortunately, like drug addicts on street corners, panhandlers, and other vagrants, he is simply reducing the enjoyment of others here- and like other bums who use donations of kind people to buy alcohol or dope, the poster here uses the sincere responses of members as fodder to antagonize.

We have an old proverb that says you can tell a man by his friends.

Now we know what sort of individual Andy Rook is.

"BTW: If this were my daughter and I found out who this poster is, we would take a little trip to Fist City..."

Jeff,

It would never come to that.

These are the sort of characters who would wet their pants when they see any of us. They don't have the guts to say things like these face to face.

They are only brave hiding behind a computer.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67051 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"BTW: If this were my daughter and I found out who this poster is, we would take a little trip to Fist City..."

Jeff,

It would never come to that.

These are the sort of characters who would wet their pants when they see any of us. They don't have the guts to say things like these face to face.

They are only brave hiding behind a computer.

clap

Thank you Saeed. Your take on this situation is spot-on and appreciated by those of us loyal to this site. We don't say it often enough, but we truly do appreciate what you do for all of us in maintaining this site, as well as what it does for the world of hunters and gun owners.

I've never used my ignore list before, but will be adding a couple of "characters" post haste. No need to get my dander up over nonsense of this sort.

Thanks again Saeed.

Sincerely,

David Walker
Fort Payne, AL

posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,
I'm Nic the PH Of the hunt that when very wrong.
I just want to thank everybody that are helping us help Punki. I speek to him everyday and he is very graet full for all the help he is getting and as soon as he is able to speak for him self he will say it to all of you guys in his own words.
Punki has some bad infections and will still need to go for some operations and yes he is walking in hospital, but it's really sad to see a guy that was running up mountians, straggeling to walk now. He got some nerve damage so only time will tell if he will ever be able to run with his dogs again.
I want to thank Craig for everything he and everyone their has done, for the people that think that Craig are not paying anything you are wrong he sold his best rifle and that helped us pay the first U$35 000 of the bill.

We as Hunting operators have allso learned from this whole thing, so all our trackers and dog handelers have a vrey good Hospital plan that would take care of something like this if it happens again! We really pray it doesn't happen again.
I have hunted over 42 leopards with dogs and are planning to hunt alot more with Punki and Zukelle they were on every leopard I have guided, we know leopards like you know how to drive your car but you can't allways be incontrole of somthing that can think for it self. I always say that every leopard hunt is diffrent cause every leopard think for it self.

Please don't go to black or white if we had him in an goverment hospital he would not have made it. He is in the best care money can buy in Arfica cause his not just our worker but a friend that i trust with my life and mabe next time yours.
Thanks again for the money you made a diffrence!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nic, thank you for that fine update. I wish Punki the very best of success during his difficult recovery. Safe hunting to all of your team!

Posts: 52 | Location: NC | Registered: 07 May 2009Reply With Quote