THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Dereck Friggen Joubert, BS baffles brains

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dereck Friggen Joubert, BS baffles brains
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted
Confederation of Hunters Associations of SA

Press Release from PHASA

ANIMAL ACTIVIST COMPARES HUNTING TO APARTHEID AND THE HOLOCAUST

Pretoria, 14 October 2014 – The Professional Hunters’ Association of South Africa (PHASA) has condemned in the strongest possible terms a statement by Botswanan animal rights activist Dereck Joubert likening hunting to the Holocaust and Apartheid.

In an interview with National Geographic on Uganda’s apparent decision to re-impose a ban on hunting in that country, Joubert says: “I believe that hunting will one day be regulated to the category of awful things we did as humans, alongside Apartheid and the Holocaust”.

“We’re used to emotional and unfounded criticism from animal rights activists but to compare hunting to two of the biggest atrocities in modern history is grossly insensitive to Jewish and South African communities,” said Hermann Meyeridricks, PHASA president.

He said that hunting is recognised globally by leading conservation organisations – including the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) and the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) – as a significant contributor to wildlife conservation and provides poor rural communities with a valuable source of income, social services, infrastructure and food security.

“The comparison is therefore ludicrous and we are dumbfounded at the depths these activists will descend to impose their viewpoint on the rest of the world. We call on Dereck Joubert and by extension National Geographic to clarify this statement or, if they can’t, to publicly apologise to those who suffered under the policies of Apartheid South Africa and Nazi Germany,” he said.

For further information contact Hermann Meyeridricks, PHASA president on, 083 303 0498.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is Uganda closing?

Posts: 1891 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Was this interview printed in Nat Geo, or will it be?
Mr. Joubert is a tosser of the first order, I'd say.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16560 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too late to reason with him, and too early to shoot him!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Ferrall:
Soft bosses?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Soft bosses?

His hard head makes up for the soft bosses.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, it's all about the money. If the bunny huggers wouldn't be pumping him money he would give a rats a** about the animals! It's all about the money!!!!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
Guys, it's all about the money. If the bunny huggers wouldn't be pumping him money he would give a rats a** about the animals! It's all about the money!!!!

I don't think so. He believes what we do is immoral, just like many people think abortion is immoral, like gay sex is immoral, like eating meat is immoral, etc. etc.

The ultimate human right is the right to live according to your own set of morals, not what others would dictate to you, as long as those rights don't interfere with the lives of other humans.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7576 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The Jouberts are oxygen thieves.

Their supporters are rich oxygen thieves.

What a world . . . .

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13519 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
Soft bosses?

No, just soft in the head! Big Grin

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Say what you will about him but he is making strong arguments to the gullible. The hunting Community could do with a few "joubert types" speaking out for the pro-utilization corner.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The press release from PHASA is dated October, 2014 however the Joubert article talking about Uganda sport hunting closing was one from November, 2010.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that Joubert is very wealthy in his own right from making "documentary" films. He doesn't need wealthy backers, and he truly believes what he is preaching.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Well, perhaps Mr. Joubert will enjoy presiding over Uganda becoming the teeming wildlife paradise that Kenya has turned out to be.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16560 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
Say what you will about him but he is making strong arguments to the gullible. The hunting Community could do with a few "joubert types" speaking out for the pro-utilization corner.

Well said tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gents,
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that Joubert is very wealthy in his own right from making "documentary" films. He doesn't need wealthy backers, and he truly believes what he is preaching .

I had dinner with someone that knew him from Bots long before Nat Geo gave his filming notoriety. He was not anti hunting until he saw the $$$ derived from the message.

Maybe he's believing his own crap now.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7612 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

I don't think so. He believes what we do is immoral, just like many people think abortion is immoral, like gay sex is immoral, like eating meat is immoral, etc. etc.

The ultimate human right is the right to live according to your own set of morals, not what others would dictate to you, as long as those rights don't interfere with the lives of other humans.

AAW - My friend, make NO MISTAKE about Derek Joubert. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!! Take a long look at his past, his present, his personal ties, etc. A little digging and you will see his real motive - MONEY!!! And he's done an awesome job of making a lot of it, thanks to the uninformed idiot.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

AAW - My friend, make NO MISTAKE about Derek Joubert. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!! Take a long look at his past, his present, his personal ties, etc. A little digging and you will see his real motive - MONEY!!! And he's done an awesome job of making a lot of it, thanks to the uninformed idiot.

Aaron:

He would probably say the same thing about you.

Stating he is only in it for the money is not going to change the perception of the public. IMO, we must force the non-hunting public to consider all of the things they do that might be construed by others as immoral. After all, even if you are right, and Joubert is disgraced, there will be another to take his place, just like terrorists. Then what is your strategy?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7576 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then what is your strategy?

"Make hay while the sun shines" Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When the Jouberts first started out ,in Botswana, they were supported by none other the HUNTERS AFRICA. Hunters Africa was the largest outfit at the time. They received support in the form fuel, food and transport.. etc

Also most of these camps and lodges in Botswana serve venison ....

One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Dereck and Beverly Joubert are the two most vocal anti hunting lobby personalities in Africa today.
They started their career at Mala Mala where Dereck was a jeep jockey/ manager and his wife a caterer - the owner Mr Ratray did not allow non married couples to live together so they lived in two seperate camps, they left there and started filming in Botswana where they bummed off the hunting concessionaires - they became personal friends of Alistair and Ronnie McFarlane ( Alistair lost his PH license and has been aledgedly involved in many wildlife transgressions ) . They often state during this time they witnessed many violations of the wildlife act - we have repeatedly requested them to substantiate and submit proof so the perpetrators can be brought to book - silence !, They have written often about how they took over the Selinda which was a desert in terms of wildlife due to hunting - however I have read many articles for Nat Geo where they speak about the area having no water but once the floods came and the Selinda spilway flowed once again all the wildlife returned - they however use this to say that hunting caused the decline in wildlife but once they took over and closed hunting the wildlife returned - the anti hunter will never let a good story be ruined by the truth. Their latest guidance to Government as self appointed experts is that if all hunting is closed then the sound of gun shots will only be from poachers - as the shots from hunters masks the shots from poachers - now why our Government has not seen just how naive and misinformed this is eludes me as anybody with the smallest knowledge of poaching is aware that poachers use suppressors and advanced silences, so the professional poacher does not need the cover of hunters - we also all know the presence of armed hunters deters poachers - we all know that all hunting vehicles in Botswana were always accompanied by a Government Wildlife Officer with powers of arrest - again the poachers stayed clear. Everybody knows this including the JOuberts - but they also know the truth is not good for their cause. Time will reveal the hidden agendas of the Jouberts in my opinion

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
The Jouberts have been very effective with twisting the truth about hunting and wildlife in Botswana , and unfortunately this appeals to the anti hunting fraternity - who throw bundles of cash at these heart felt stories of suffering caused by hunters to wildlife. If anybody takes the time to watch any of their documentaries you will notice that they are far from honest in the timeline and scenes they show - often you can see they filmed a bunch of different scenes with different landscapes and different time lines to make up a story - if someone has the time and expertise - it maybe a good time to scrutinize and reveal how they have misled their audiences , this may discredit them as the public hate to be misled and made fools of.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UGANDA IS NOT CLOSING, the article alluded to dates from 2010, and as everyone who followed the saga knows, Uganda is still a pristine hunting destination...

Since it's not the first time in the past weeks that I come across the same rumor mongered by - surprise, surprise... - "anti-whatevers", I seriously wonder if there is some hidden agenda behind the resurgence of this nonsense.

Unless, of course, it's down to sheer stupidity, and the bambi-lovers spreading this crap did not even bother to really read the source. Nothing surprises me from that crowd.

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote