How old were you
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
South Africa & Botswana last june.
I'm 36 [Smile]
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Quint 6>
posted
I was 42, wish I had gone when I was 22. Too busy chasing the girls I guess.

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
42 years old ('98), 43 ('99), 46 ('02) and 47 ('03).

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
44 and not a day too soon.

Go early... go often!

Posts: 337 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was 29 on my first hunting safari to Namibia, but had been a couple of times before in Africa, but couldn't afford then to also go hunting...

(Luckily this has changed now with [Smile] )

Since then I made another trip to South Africa and I will be going again end of October to Tansania for buffalo - as with my other posters, safaris seem to be quite addictive [Wink]

Good hunting

Erik

Posts: 175 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
<J Brown>
posted
I was 25 when I went in 2001. I will be leaving in three days for my third hunt in Africa. Once a year in not enough but it will have to do for now.

Jason

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be 51 next July on my first trip to Namibia. My lucky son will be 16. How come my dad didn't think of this when I was that age? Bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was 44 and my husband was 49. The kids were finally grown and out of school and we are beginning our second childhood. We both always dreamt about going. Now that we've gone, I'm obsessed!! I talk to everyone, read all I can, watch every show on TV. He thinks he's created a monster. We are hoping to go back next year and many more times after that.

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was 61, kids educated, mtg pd, a few quid in the bank and could pay for it with out going into savings. Just conservative I guess. I guess that is why I chose my handle. [Big Grin]

[ 10-11-2003, 16:51: Message edited by: Die Ou Jagter ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Shot my first African critters in Kenya, '92, age 26.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I was 23 when I first went. Unfortunately no hunting but several months travelling before I ran out of money.

Back again at 29 for a hunt. Too long before the next trip at 37.

Want to get back again before 40.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Guess that makes me the old man on the board...I just returned from my first trip at 57.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought I was young in 94 on my first trip I was 40 then. I have been able to get back every three of four years since. The first one is always the best but they are all good.

Posts: 294 | Location: carmichael,califoenia,usa | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote