THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Craig Boddington Sick/Ill/Injured?????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Craig Boddington Sick/Ill/Injured?????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon, and THANK YOU for your service to our country.

Posts: 3874 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the first I heard of this, good luck and I hope you recover quickly! You'll be hunting again in no time!

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Craig,
I'm so sorry to hear this. You've always been in impeccable condition, this is a real shocker.

Knowing you, I'm sure the field is already calling loudly. We want you to return almost as badly as you want to go... but listen to the doctors and go when your body is ready rather than your mind.

Thanks for all your great work,
Kyler

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hang tough Colonel! Our prayers are with you.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zig Mackintosh
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 240 | Location: South Africa/Zimbabwe | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My best wishes and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. People will forget what you have said, what you have done, but they will never forget the way you made them feel. On every occasion that I have had the privilege to speak with Craig he made me feel that I was old friend and that I was a little special. I think that he is that way with everyone he meets and that is what makes him a very special person. He will be back.

Pensando en ti,
Hoot

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
My best wishes and prayers for a full recovery. Hope to read about many more of Craig's hunting adventures.

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Boddington.
From the High North, all the best whishes for a quick recovery.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pole sana, bwana. Recover soon.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig, here is wishing you a speedy recovery and I'll see you in Dallas in Jan. 12. tu2

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Our very best wishes and small prayers for a rapid and easy recovery.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
C'mon General. There's more stories and hunts in you! Happy you got a good thinker in your head.

God Bless!

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Craig, keep the positive attitude and get well soon!!!

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
get well soon

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i just read this and our hopes and prayers for a quick and complete recovery join the thousand of others whose lives you have touched

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig - The rigors and STRESS of publication and production deadlines and other business related duties have a way of sneaking up on all of us. Heed your Doc's advise and it sounds like a serious R & R with the Mrs. may be in order? Get well soon and Thoughts and Prayers are with you.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
A little R & R is in order. Take your time and heal up quickly. We'll be here when you're ready! Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
"u phila um sinya" tu2 Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
This was a very unexpected turn of events when I opened Accurate Reloading this morning, and one I never wanted to read!

Craig, I have been reading your books and articles since you started out many years ago, and I want to read some more, so take the doctor’s advice, and get strong again.

I just want you and your family to know, that I think you are top drawer, not only as a writer, and hunter, but simply as a very warm and friendly person to talk with in person. You seem to have the knack of making people feel very comfortable when talking to you face to face making them feel like an old friend. I know you can’t know everyone like we know you, but I, for one, want to say thank you for your friendly nature, and the hundreds of hours of enjoyment you have supplied me with your books and films along with your very friendly conversations with me in the past. Something I’m looking forward to in future. We need more like you in the hunting fraternity, and in the world in general.

Get well, and enjoy another run at the target! You are in my prayers!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just saw this thread myself,
Best wishes Craig, look foreward to an update that you are home and alls well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well quick!! Prayer sent.

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery. Hopefully this will put us all on notice about the importance of a yearly medical physical.

John

Posts: 42 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 16 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Everyone is wishing the best for you and your family. Heed the doctors' advice. Heal and return. Godspeed.

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Second that.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9898 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speedy recovery wishes, Craig.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
All the best for a speedy and complete recovery!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig,

I talked to you this year at both DSC and SCI Reno. You were very gracious, and a true gentleman, just as everyone here on AR had described you. Perhaps this would be a good time to say thankyou for your service to our country, and thankyou for ALL that you've done for the hunting community. You are a voice of reason and truly a man among men. Please take what ever time you need to rest and get better. We need you and we will wait. Everything that MacD37 so eloquently said above, ditto for me too. I'm looking forward to you returning to the field soon, as I'm sure you will. Get well and Godspeed.

Glen

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
This was a very unexpected turn of events when I opened Accurate Reloading this morning, and one I never wanted to read!

Craig, I have been reading your books and articles since you started out many years ago, and I want to read some more, so take the doctor’s advice, and get strong again.

I just want you and your family to know, that I think you are top drawer, not only as a writer, and hunter, but simply as a very warm and friendly person to talk with in person. You seem to have the knack of making people feel very comfortable when talking to you face to face making them feel like an old friend. I know you can’t know everyone like we know you, but I, for one, want to say thank you for your friendly nature, and the hundreds of hours of enjoyment you have supplied me with your books and films along with your very friendly conversations with me in the past. Something I’m looking forward to in future. We need more like you in the hunting fraternity, and in the world in general.

Get well, and enjoy another run at the target! You are in my prayers!

+1 Smiler

I couldn't say it any better, Mac took the words right out of my mouth.

Best Regards to Mr. Boddington.

I'll be praying for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get well soon. There are many more mopane fires and stories therefrom for you and yours to share with all of us.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Get well soon!

I'm looking forward to Boddington on Buffalo III.

I'm a slow learner and need more tutelage!

Looking forward to your full recovery, you bring much joy and information to the hunting world.

Best Regards,

Chris Peccia
Helena, MT

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
According to his wife, he is doing well and is headed home today.
I am sure more details will be out in the wind in a few days.
Cheers,
Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Via Facebook -

"hi This is Donna Boddington.. Crag is being released from the Hospital Today.. he is doing well..thanks to French Hospital Medical Center.. please let them know how grateful you are for the wonderful fast care they did to save Craig's life..they are in the top 100 cardiac care centers in the USA.. the drs. nurses and staff are phenomenal.."

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David_B
posted Hide Post
Get well soon Craig. You still have a lot of work to do educating us novices on the finer points of hunting.

Posts: 62 | Location: VA | Registered: 04 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Craig and Family.
Here's hoping it was just a little spasm of the inferior coronary artery and that they are all wide open now.
Also wishing Craig a normal ejection fraction and no damage detectable on followup scans, after he poops himself out on a treadmill.
And here's hoping his LDL is less than 70, and his HDL is over 60, and if not now then they soon will be. tu2

I've got all of Craig's videos except the Safari Rifle one (looking for that one now), and all of his books except the high dollar limited edition ones (looking for those now too).
I file his journal articles in binders and marvel at his prolific output. Wink

Yep,
We can't choose our parents. But we can overcome their genetic gifts if we are lucky. wave

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Glad you are doing better, Craig. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bouna Safaris
posted Hide Post
This is what Donna wrote, 5 hours ago. Craig is being released from the Hospital Today.. he is doing well..thanks to French Hospital Medical Center.. please let them know how grateful you are for the wonderful fast care they did to save Craig's life..they are in the top 100 cardiac care centers in the USA.. the drs. nurses and staff are phenomenal..

BOUMA SAFARIS
+27827084169
+27125467179
versterm@telkomsa.net

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is wonderful hearing someone is able to return to a normal life after heart issues. I am sure Mr. Boddington won't feel it is normal until he is able to return to the bush and his busy schedule.
Follow the regime and think of it as "Health 101" boot-camp.
Go ahead and change your diet. The special foods don't taste like cardboard any more.
Exercise now 'cuz it is easier to stay in shape than to get in shape.
Keep the positive attitude which will do more to keeping you healthy than any pills they ask you to take.
Don't be concerned if you find yourself needing to go back for additional care. Think of this as your first scouting for a possible return. Now that you know what it is like decide to get well enough to "NOT" return.

Frank
Veteran of many trips to the ER, Air Flights to specialst, Stent implants and Two Safaris that saved my life.

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JPenn
posted Hide Post
Craig,
Best wishes and prayers for your continued progress and full recovery.
John

SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

Posts: 226 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With Quote