New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wives In Dallas at DSC Convention
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As of today, myself and Ms 1115 (Chrissy) are officially booked, reserved, etc etc and will be at the DSC Convention in Dallas in January '06. Just wondering who else is bringing a spouse?????

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'll be there with my wife.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
30ott6 and I are both bringing our wives. They had a blast last time.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I am sure you mean DSC, not SCI.

The Dallas Safari Club has no ties to SCI. There is a Dallas/Ft Worth chapter of SCI, they have a small banquet each year, but noting near what DSC is.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
It is getting contagious thumb

retreever and Mrs. retreever Cherie will be there and like Dale said booked reserved and ready for take-off..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Dallas with my wife too.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
No wife (but looking) to bring, but am booked and will be there.
Point To Consider: Is hunting for a wife more dangerous/expensive/difficult than hunting in Africa? sofa

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
Point To Consider: Is hunting for a wife more dangerous/expensive/difficult than hunting in Africa? sofa

Yes, A Buff can only kill you once.
roflmao roflmao roflmao

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Point To Consider: Is hunting for a wife more dangerous/expensive/difficult than hunting in Africa?

We need to get you up to Idaho for some deprogramming. We will lock you up in a small house for three days with my ex. You will be re-immunized for another five years. Just wait another ten years. You can start cruising for widows then. Don't marry any. Just visit with one who can cook once or twice a week. Find another who likes to roll around the bed (just once a week; any more than that and you will be wasting your retiremnt check on extraneous medicine). Find a cultured one to go to the symphony with on Friday evenings. Saturday you go fishing or bird hunting. On Sunday you rest.

If you want to persist in this madness, take heart. The demographics are in your favor. There are many more unattached women than men at our age. Unfortunately they all have elephantine memories of every slight and injustice, imagined or real, perpetrated on them by boys and men over the last 40-50 years, ha, ha, ha. (and all the injustices they can remember hearing about from their mom and grandma, ha, ha, ha, ha.) At least their kids are grown and gone by now (if not, don't even think about it).

Abigail Van Buren

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pencil me and the wife in for the Dallas show.

Posts: 273 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Yes, my bride and hunting buddy will be with me in Dallas. Looking forward to our annual AR connection at the Judge's suite and dinner both nights (Fri & Sat). We had some fun last year and made many new friends and as a result went bear hunting in Idaho with fellow AR members .

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the 28th is our anniversary (36!), we will be there...my wife loves the show (and LOVES to shop...)and so it has become a yearly "anniversary" get away...Arthur

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Candi enjoys about as much as she can stand the one week we have to spend @ SCI/RENO. I'm coming alone for Friday evening and leaving Sunday Noon.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I'm looking to attend the show, but being "freshly" divoriced I'll be flying solo clap

Hope I can make it! Looking forward to seeing and meeting all of you AR members! Big Grin

Hey Judge G, Am I welcomed to attend your party!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well men, it looks like I'll be going also with my wife. See you guys there! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jorge,
Looking forward to seeing you...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Looks like Judge G is going to have to get the Ballroom, for his get together.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Lawndart: Seems like you've met my ex-wife! She remembered things from the first year of marriage 18 years later.
Think I may follow your advice.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
My wife looks forward to the show every year.

John

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Elliott:
Candi enjoys about as much as she can stand the one week we have to spend @ SCI/RENO. I'm coming alone for Friday evening and leaving Sunday Noon.
Rich Elliott

Guess I stand corrected. Candi asked me to get her plane ticket to Dallas today. She's even gonna take the same flight as me clap

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Just so everybody knows, the Judge and I are looking into renting a board room at the Marriott Market Suites for our get together. The plan is for Saturday, say from 4pm to 8pm. Would be helpful for any Dallas dwellers to bring some ice chests for beer storage.

It's my fault the room has not been rented but I have had some personal difficulties this past week . Will get it done later this week and let everyone know what transpires.

I assume that if 1115 is bringing his wife, SBT's wife and mine will have to hang around someone else! Wink. Volunteers are welcome.

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Gentleman,

We will have a wonderful time..Many are attending with wives...A good time for all.
There will be a lot of shooting and lots of blood flowing...No misses clap

Mike & Cherie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am having my wife fitted for a kevlar vest, and I will be bringing a tactical bunker. You never know with this crowd what may happen.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Actually, the only wife of an AR member who has been shot by an AR member is 450 NE #2, and that was before she married him. Hell of a story.

A kevlar vest wouldn't do any good as most everyone there mostly shoot bolt action or double rifles....

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
I understand that once upon a time, the female companions on such occasions were referred to as "my niece"; a label usually accepted by hunting buddies out of mutual understanding and tact. Big Grin

Regards,
Martin Cool

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1115, Judge G and Dallas 2004 friends ----- I will not be at Dallas this year, I am attending Reno for the first time. I really enjoyed you guys and gals last year. I took my wife and daughter to Dallas in 2002 and this year they along with grandson are accompanying me to Reno. I just had to go to the big one once. I will look forward to your posts about the party that I know will be special. wave beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:

I don't think the hunting is all that dangerous or difficult, but the trophy fees can be a real problem. beer

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Widowmaker,

I'm not offically invited to JudgeG's party, but I plan to crash it anyway. My wife is not going to Dallas this year, so you can go as my date!

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Leon:

Of course you are invited! So is anyone else who wishes to come and comport themselves as the lady or gentleman that they are... subject, to good-natured ribbing, ribald stories, etc... of course! Roll Eyes

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good to see you again Ernest.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it's open to all AR members, I'll stop by. I'd like a chance to meet some other members in person.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Lhook,
Most definatley you are invited...As well as any other AR member...Meeting each other and sharing stories is the way to go..

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo

You are so correct... It is the Trophy Fee that NEVER ends. Eeker eek2 Frowner

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My niece and I are booked and will be there. Hope to meet some of you.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Everybody

I was asked (by the boss) to find us a place to go for a couple days this winter. So I thought, where could I go that would be nice and enjoyable for both of us.

So I say to myself, self we should fly down to Dallas and put a face to all the people I have read about.

So now I am starting to look for a place to stay, that is close to the convention. But won't cost more than the flights.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Graylake:

There is a large group of ARers staying at the Comfort Inn, about 4 miles or so from the convention site.

Visit this link for more info. (I do not know what their availability is like.)

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=701103505#701103505

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be there.. But I'm not sure if the wife is coming or not this year..

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Booked and will bring my wife. Still have a lot of friends in the Arlington-Ft. Worth area.

Dak

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Not having met any of you yet, I am especially looking forward to it. Unfortunately my wife's working schedule (she teaches) won't allow her to come. I'll bring some photos if you all promise to keep the wolf whistles to a minimum.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote