Notify
Tools

Wives In Dallas at DSC Convention
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll bring some photos if you all promise to keep the wolf whistles to a minimum.

With this group?!?! Confused

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly, what are the dates of the Convention?

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by army aviator:
Exactly, what are the dates of the Convention?

January 11 to 14, 2007

The DSC Convention website can be found here:

http://www.biggame.org/Convention/index.html

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'll be there with my Whore! My "Gun Whore" that is. . .Ray Atkinson! animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I too will be attending this year along with my new girlfriend. Why does that sound so weird - new girlfriend? Could it be that at the tender age of 50 one should have a wife or at least an ex-wife?

MikeB

Posts: 26 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glenda and I will be there, the Good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with the people at Comfort Inn. There are 17 rooms booked under the Accuratereloading Group. And they were still accepting reservations.

It should be a good time.

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there anywhere to buy some of those Northfork bullets at the show?

I would like to try some out, and we can't get them up north of the 49th.

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My fiance and I will be there.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there solo.

Safari Taxidermy by:John Baker
www.safaritaxidermy.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas , USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graylake ----- Mike Brady has told me he will not be at Dallas this year, I will be going to Dallas this year, if you want to order bullets from at www.northforkbullets.com and have them sent to me, I will be glad to bring them to you at Dallas. Just thinking out loud, don't want to get you or Mike in trouble with Canadian law, willing to help if I can. wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be there too.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife & I will be there Friday night. Terry, looking forward to metting you.

Posts: 158 | Location: texas panhandle | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Well fellas, wife and I arrive Thursday...

We will have a very good time....Looking forward to meeting friends and making new ones...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wives In Dallas at SCI Convention

Are some guys bringing more than one wife?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan
Your the one from Utah.... Trying to tell us something????

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
From another thread on this subject so everyone will attend that so wishes:

I booked a party room that will allow us to b.y.o.b at the Comfort Inn and Suites at 7138 N. Stemmons Pky for a cheap $125 for Saturday night, 5:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. There will be a "hat" in which to place any contibution towards costs you wish.

I'll have some simple drink fixings, i.e., bourbon, Scotch, gin, vodka, red & white wine, cokes, water, soda.... but if you want anything special, bring it... and of course, please bring the special snacks, Retreever, et al. And don't forget to bring your favorite single-malt for me to try!!!!

Ernest

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Are there plans for a group dinner ?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge
Do they have a resturant at the hotel?

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Tony:

This comes from the hotel's blurb:

Guests can dive into the hotel's complimentary breakfasts. The hotel skips on having its own restaurant, but patrons are close to restaurants from the cheap to sublime that serve everything from pancakes to Mexican delicacies.

You live in Dallas (if you aren't off in Africa or somewhere killing things)... any suggestion that's pretty close that'll hold 50 to 75 folks after the party? I'm not up to going to B.F. Egypt with an Ethiopian race driver again.

Last year, most folks ventured out afterwards in smaller groups after the party. As for Friday night, some brave soul arranged a successful supper that was fun (if you weren't murdered on the way there). If anyone wants to plan something after the party, go ahead. I'll probably be cleaning up the banquet room (or asleep in a corner).

Big Grin

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge
I will check around for a place we can eat close to the hotel.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Lora and I will be there during the day on Sat., if anyone wants to meet up at one of the waterholes, we would like to join in.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I'll be there, got a room at the Comfort Inn. Judge's rate, no less. cheers

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Tony...I'm not up to going to B.F. Egypt with an Ethiopian race driver again.
Big Grin

Somali. He was a Somali. Never forget, never forgive. You guys have a good time.

Judge you must now dance with all the women for me and you are in charge of Pierre at dinner and the after party this year as I will not be attending. Good luck to you.

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
From another thread on this subject so everyone will attend that so wishes:

I'll have some simple drink fixings, i.e., bourbon, Scotch, gin, vodka, red & white wine, cokes, water, soda.... but if you want anything special, bring it... and of course, please bring the special snacks, Retreever, et al. And don't forget to bring your favorite single-malt for me to try!!!!

Ernest

I have noticed in you list of refreshments that a fine Canadian Whiskey is not on the list.

But lucky for everybody attending. That the token Canadian couple will be bring a couple bottles for everybody to sample. It is a fine Double casked whiskey, and my personal favorite.

'til then

Sid

one of us
posted Hide Post
That does it. Candi and I Will be there. I'm a sucker for Canadian Whiskey cheers
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh Well! I have scratched my mark (electronically ) on the register at the Comfort Inn.Can anyone tell me what I have gotten myself in for? Is the place liveable,I mean ,it certainly is affordable, but at that rate what is it like?Anyone stayed here previously that can give me a head's up on the joint?

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
doc here is a link to the hotel and location...

Mike

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55711-d109399-...er-Dallas_Texas.html

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Sid glad your bringing some whiskey....I am not a scotch dinker.. Big Grin Welcome to our mini convention...

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
retreever
As a fellow 450 No2 shooter I figured you would know that WHISKY is spelled with NO E!!!
And the Best is a Single Malt from the Isle of Islay.

one of us
posted Hide Post
eyedoc

When I was checking for rooms, I looked up the Comfort Inn. And the best rate I could find with all the internet travel sites was $80 - $89. And some of the sites said that the inn was full. I called and no problem still rooms available.

So going off the fact that we are getting the rooms at such a reduced rate I think the Inn should be alright.

And yes I appologize, Whisky is spelled without the "E".

And I am so looking forward to the mini convention.

What else should I be doing while in Dallas? Any thing that I should not miss, attraction wise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Retreever's link provided some photo's.I showed these to my wife and assured her that the 2 1/2 star rating means that the rats will at least be wearing sports coats , if not tuxes, and she said that it would be OK.

If however the bedsheets are not Frette' and at least 800 count we reserve the right to pack our crapola and move down the road.LOL

I just hope that when we get to the room that a bed is in it and it is not already occupied.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote