THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    African Hunting Survey-‘Please respond
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunting Survey-‘Please respond
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 735 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Done

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2329 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done.

I didn’t leave comments, but there is almost no way to tabulate those

Posts: 11029 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Done

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1628 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr Lochran Traill (the one who is collecting this data) is one of the few conservationists who believe hunting can and does play an important role in the future of conservation in Africa. But he warns that the negative connotations associated with hunting may also cause the end of the same conservation benefits derived from hunting. This is why losing the social media battle along with hunting rights will put pressure on future conservation efforts. He's prophetic where all this is headed... (Also the reason for his last question - the true scope of the questionnaire)

quote:
    Lochran Traill “When it’s done sustainably and ethically, trophy hunting has been shown to contribute to the conservation effort in Africa. It generates a lot of money and that can go back into wildlife management,” said Dr Lochran Traill, a lecturer in conservation biology at Liverpool John Moores University.

“Income from hunting in the future may decline given the controversy around the practice in western nations. If, or likely when, that occurs, then we need a new debate on how Africa’s vast wildlife estates are to be funded,”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/envir...tter-wildlife-think/

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Dr Lochran Traill (the one who is collecting this data) is one of the few conservationists who believe hunting can and does play an important role in the future of conservation in Africa. But he warns that the negative connotations associated with hunting may also cause the end of the same conservation benefits derived from hunting. This is why losing the social media battle along with hunting rights will put pressure on future conservation efforts. He's prophetic where all this is headed... (Also the reason for his last question - the true scope of the questionnaire)

quote:
    Lochran Traill “When it’s done sustainably and ethically, trophy hunting has been shown to contribute to the conservation effort in Africa. It generates a lot of money and that can go back into wildlife management,” said Dr Lochran Traill, a lecturer in conservation biology at Liverpool John Moores University.

“Income from hunting in the future may decline given the controversy around the practice in western nations. If, or likely when, that occurs, then we need a new debate on how Africa’s vast wildlife estates are to be funded,”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/envir...tter-wildlife-think/

Thank you for that bit of info. Personally, I have no idea who any of these people are. This shed a little light on the subject.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr Traill is an interesting guy in the conservation sphere. He believes that our current concepts of conservation are not near enough to actually protect the genetic pool and future of endangered/threatened species. Hunting revenues and involvement are but one tool of many that is necessary for sustainability.

The challenge is, corruption and profiteering in the business of conservation isn't working either. Getting governments involved in the process has been a shitshow to say the least. NGOs are not much better. Few dollars raised ever find their way to the ground effort, however, lots of folks are making big bucks in the name of conservation.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
done. Thank you for your efforts

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
Done. How can we find out the results of the questionnaire when it's finished?

Yep. Me too.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 72 | Location: grand rapids michigan usa | Registered: 28 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

Yep. Me too.

Done, I'm curious also.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tail end Charlie here but I also answered in the survey. Hope it puts hunting in a good light.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2090 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

Yep. Me too.

Done, I'm curious also.

I have e mailed the powers that be asking this very question.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Done

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
done

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
done.

Comment - Science and logic shows that trophy hunting is not the problem. Emotional reaction should not be the basis for banning trophy hunting.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done

one of us
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 792 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
done

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Dr Traill is an interesting guy in the conservation sphere. He believes that our current concepts of conservation are not near enough to actually protect the genetic pool and future of endangered/threatened species. Hunting revenues and involvement are but one tool of many that is necessary for sustainability.

The challenge is, corruption and profiteering in the business of conservation isn't working either. Getting governments involved in the process has been a shitshow to say the least. NGOs are not much better. Few dollars raised ever find their way to the ground effort, however, lots of folks are making big bucks in the name of conservation.

Yes - read his own words here: https://africanconservationsci...s.com/blog-2/page/1/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a response to my initial questions. No ground is behind this. A few independent academics are doing this on their own .

They hope to publish the results if they get enough responses.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Done.

I hope that some of the questions that they are asking are not going to take place in the near future.

Banning imports on all African species?

If trophy hunting is outlawed, what percentage of foreign aid should be allowed to protect African species?

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got another e mail. They have no ability to stop people from making multiple responses.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I got another e mail. They have no ability to stop people from making multiple responses.

I already know that since yesterday rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
done

Posts: 296 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Done

Your Cicero quotation is not factual. The actual quote was as follows:
“The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome fall.” Someone added a few things to make it more in tune with the situation in the USA. It does make a good point though.
https://www.truthorfiction.com/cicero-plan/

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Done

Your Cicero quotation is not factual. The actual quote was as follows:
“The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome fall.” Someone added a few things to make it more in tune with the situation in the USA. It does make a good point though.
https://www.truthorfiction.com/cicero-plan/

Thank you for correcting me. i will change it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1628 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Virginia Creeper
posted Hide Post
Done.

E Pluribus Unum - where out of many, we will become one.

Posts: 149 | Location: VA | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please ask your hunting friends to respond.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Mr. Shore’s can you find out what safeguard is in place to keep the less scrupulous antis from multiple replies. The whole vote early and vote often mindset manipulating results.

Guys...let's crash the site ourselves ...
I just did many...I was a very proud female of mixed race in Europe...lol
The Antis will hammer a poll like this if they can...we need to do the same...

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Done and my comment at the bottom read ----- "The last three questions leads me to believe this survey has a predetermined bias and the fact anyone can take the survey multiple times makes it irrelevant as to any true findings."

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote