THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    A Question For Those Who Like To Get A Copy Of Our Hunt Video Of This Year
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Question For Those Who Like To Get A Copy Of Our Hunt Video Of This Year
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Many thanks again Saeed to be able to go on safari with you. The USB option would be fantastic.

Cheers

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
works fine and is as clear as spring water on my one year old Toshiba lap-top!
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tu2

Can't wait to see that camera in action in Africa!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Below is some footage I have taken this afternoon with a new Canon XA25 video camera.

It is an H.264 package in Apple 1080P format.

Would those of you who have TVs with a USB drive try to see if it plays directly on the TV?

Quality and compatibility test

The link wouldn't work for me. I couldn't get it to download.

I love the idea of your videos on a USB drive though. Really looking forward to seeing more of your adventures. A sincere thank you for letting all of us share in your experiences. It is much appreciated.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Link is good and plays great on Macbook air.

thanks

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
USB would be great! Can't wait to see your daily updates!!
Thanks for generosity!!!

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed...USB would be great tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sir,
The USB would be perfect. I've not previously requested this but it comes highly recommended. We certainly appreciate your doing this.
Rob Haught

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your generosity.

I am currently going through 2011 & 12.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
The video quality is amazing!

I would like to see a caracal in your collection!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
whatever is easiest for you Saeed. Good luck on your upcoming hunt.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Saeed, again thank you for the great DVD's of your 2012 safari. I was looking at your production and thought you had invested some $$ into your offering.

In my opinion, the Memory stick would be the way to go. Just looking at your, Size of memory storage plus shipping cost.

Having just returned form Scotland, at the suggesting of my wife asking me to put together some photos and build a slide show. A small project turning into a large production. For the relative to see what we did and where we had gone and to make it playable on there computers and on there Televisions, plus with music added. i soon realized what expense you were going through.

I will look forward to your 2013 African safari and I would like a copy of your this year's safari and i am willing to help with the expense.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1578 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me. I just appreciate the great video.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

usb will be freat but any other way will fit without any problem at all.

thanks for the generosity.

Phil

Posts: 1739 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
the test worked fine and USB sounds like a good idea- MUCH APPRECIATED!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I would vote for whatever is easiest for you. This discs work, so does a USB device.

Your generosity is amazing.

Posts: 10662 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Steve,

By the looks of things, the link works, but you might have some bug you brought back from Africa that is stopping you downloading the file rotflmo

I highly recommend everyone who has got one, get an Internet download manager.

They speed up the download quite a lot.

Robert,

Apparently all TVs that have a USB slot have many restrictions on what can be played through that port.

You can still connect your computer to the TV and I am sure you can view the video that way.

Brian,

The camera I was using has a 20X optical zoom, and I zoomed in on some those animals precisely to get an idea how sharp the footage remains after it has been converted to H.264 Apple format.

It does loose some sharpness, but I am afraid that is understandable.

As that clip in Full HD 1080P would be about 8 times in size.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Saeed, i love it that you are using the Apple format- and it works brilliantly

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Saeed, as all the others have said, USB will be fine and much appreciated. Again, thank you for your kind generosity in sharing this with us. It is much appreciated by so many of us.

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Saeed, i love it that you are using the Apple format- and it works brilliantly

It actually is crazy in the video world.

The basic format everyone is using is H.264.

But, to save space and use different compression and codecs, everyone seems to be using something else.

Apple's seems to be compatible with most computers.

And for those who might be having problems playing some videos downloaded from the Net, I highly recommend that you down load VLC, which is a free media player available for download.

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR THE RECOMMENDATION!! DONE.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess I've missed out on this offering in the past. Just a few months ago got onto the African section here, no doubt that's why.

I'd like to have a copy if you'd please.
What are the details of signing up to get one?

Thanks much for sharing with us.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5947 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
Think Usb is great solution.

I would even get out the old video machine to watch.

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the video from last year. Going to a USB format is a great idea.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Guess I've missed out on this offering in the past. Just a few months ago got onto the African section here, no doubt that's why.

I'd like to have a copy if you'd please.
What are the details of signing up to get one?

Thanks much for sharing with us.
George

After Saeed completes his latest hunt, which will be starting in a few days, and they have time to get the video edited down to 15 or 20 hours, he'll announce here that it is ready, and all who want a copy should say so in a Private Message to him. A few weeks to a couple months later (probably shortened if he goes to the USB format) you'll get the very best non-commercial hunting video you'll ever see (at least until next year) in the mail. Gratis.

Beyond the great hunting content of the video you also get one of the purest demonstrations of generosity you'll see anywhere. Saeed produces and ships literally hundreds, and simply ignores offers to help defray expenses.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Download is excellent. I look forward to your hunt.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed
Thank you for your generous offer. USB will be fine.
I'm not sure if it's just me and my old DVD player but the sound on the 2012 set was not great. It seemed as if the camera carried the mike but not the hunter and PH. This made most of the footage like a silent movie.
Is this how it was or is my old equipment not up to the task?
JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCHB:
Saeed
Thank you for your generous offer. USB will be fine.
I'm not sure if it's just me and my old DVD player but the sound on the 2012 set was not great. It seemed as if the camera carried the mike but not the hunter and PH. This made most of the footage like a silent movie.
Is this how it was or is my old equipment not up to the task?
JCHB

They seem to work fine here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep,
All have worked well for me.
The test "zoo" file plays on the laptop, saved on a memory stick, will see if it works on the big screen.
I will get my son to figure it out for me if the latest is tricky in anyway.
Thanks in advance if I may get the latest, whatever is most convenient for Saeed. clap

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Yep,
All have worked well for me.
The test "zoo" file plays on the laptop, saved on a memory stick, will see if it works on the big screen.
I will get my son to figure it out for me if the latest is tricky in anyway.
Thanks in advance if I may get the latest, whatever is most convenient for Saeed. clap

Ditto what RIP (and others) said. The test file works great on my laptop using Windows Media Player version 12.0.xxx.

The USB idea works for me, but I'll figure out how to watch whatever is most convenient for you Saeed.

Thanks!
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:

Robert,

Apparently all TVs that have a USB slot have many restrictions on what can be played through that port.

You can still connect your computer to the TV and I am sure you can view the video that way.

Oh yes, I do that all the time. I wasn't sure if you needed to know because there might be some codec setting out there to permit that option.

Thanks again for doing this Saeed!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed,
works fine on my MacBook Pro.
Happy with whatever format is easiest for you.
Peter
wave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
A stick would be great and much cheaper and easier to mail. Really appreciated last years and I know many of my hunters watched the DVDs and enjoyed them.

I will be prompt to get on the list for this years and am more than happy to pay for a copy....... rather be on the hunt, but this is the next best thing. Smiler

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1814 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Below is some footage I have taken this afternoon with a new Canon XA25 video camera.

It is an H.264 package in Apple 1080P format.

Would those of you who have TVs with a USB drive try to see if it plays directly on the TV?

Quality and compatibility test

Downloaded quickly and no issues on MBP and using Apple TV. Quality was excellent.
Apologies, I don't have a USB stick to answer the main question.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whatever is easiest for you Saeed - thank you again for sharing with us!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
USB tu2

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
USB a great idea Saeed. I thoroughly enjoyed the DVDs of your 2012 adventure that you so kindly sent and mine arrived undamaged in perfect condition. Others seemed less fortunate with broken cases as a result of rough mail handling so the USB data stick is the way to go.

Fantastic image and sound quality on the down load playing back on computer. Tried the file on a USB stick through our modern big screen TV but the MP4 file does not register on our set while jpeg photo files and other movie files do register and play.

Not a big deal for me as I watch your DVDs on a big screen computer and could convert files if I really wanted to.

Looking forward to your latest hunt adventure when available.

Posts: 3860 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
USB a great idea Saeed. I thoroughly enjoyed the DVDs of your 2012 adventure that you so kindly sent and mine arrived undamaged in perfect condition. Others seemed less fortunate with broken cases as a result of rough mail handling so the USB data stick is the way to go.

Fantastic image and sound quality on the down load playing back on computer. Tried the file on a USB stick through our modern big screen TV but the MP4 file does not register on our set while jpeg photo files and other movie files do register and play.

Not a big deal for me as I watch your DVDs on a big screen computer and could convert files if I really wanted to.

You can always play the videos through your computer connected to your TV if you wish.

This actually solves the problem with some TV as most manufacturers have their own restrictions on what can be played through the USB port on the TV.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:

You can always play the videos through your computer connected to your TV if you wish.

This actually solves the problem with some TV as most manufacturers have their own restrictions on what can be played through the USB port on the TV.

Saeed, you standing next to a downed buffalo with frothy blood streaming from it's mouth doesn't go down too well with my better half especially when Coronation Street is due on the TV tu2

You are correct that feeding a computer/laptop to the TV (through an HDMI cable) will work and does give viewing like one is standing at your shoulder.

Posts: 3860 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard of but not gotten a copy of any of your hunt DVDs, but believe whatever works best for you, would be fine with me. Be able to show others what hunting in Africa really about. Where, since I'm not, do we sign up to receive a copy of these hunt recordings. Thank you.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

What kpete said many times over!

Thank you sir.

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote