THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Who is going to the SCI convention in Feb.2017?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is going to the SCI convention in Feb.2017?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
AR snobs are like the GOP elite during the latest presidential election.They tried to bully their way in choosing a certain nominee but failed.They felt that their opinion was more important than even the voters.
They feel that THEY should be the ones to decide you can own a double, which outfitters one can hunt with etc...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've not run into that sort of thing with the AR guys I've met. All of them have been pretty normal (well, there is Beibs...)and anyone's opinion about which rifle or outfitter is just that, an opinion. I don't let that sort of thing bother me. Hope you can make it down to DSC sometime, it's worth the trip.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2808 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to attend sometime.I am sure many there are good people.Maybe one year when Jdollar and some others can't make it. rotflmo

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Well,since I intend to go as long as I am able( hopefully many years), I guess you are SOL, George. Damn shame beer

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13214 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of them have been pretty normal (well, there is Beibs...)

Hey! I resemble that! :-)

Posts: 20122 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Well,since I intend to go as long as I am able( hopefully many years), I guess you are SOL, George. Damn shame beer

Jerry, you going to Dallas or Las Vegas?

Will

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Dallas

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13214 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there for the first time. It would be nice to meet up with some of you.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:

AR snobs are like the GOP elite during the latest presidential election.They tried to bully their way in choosing a certain nominee but failed.They felt that their opinion was more important than even the voters.
They feel that THEY should be the ones to decide you can own a double, which outfitters one can hunt with etc...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've not run into that sort of thing with the AR guys I've met. All of them have been pretty normal (well, there is Beibs...)and anyone's opinion about which rifle or outfitter is just that, an opinion. I don't let that sort of thing bother me. Hope you can make it down to DSC sometime, it's worth the trip.[/QUOTE]

+1

No one gives or expects a wires for a African safari from shootaway or anyone else.

Everyone has opinions but in reality only thing that matters at dsc or sci is a checkbook.

I don't attend sci and I most likely will be missing dsc. I will be in tx over xmas hunting.

But I have been know at the last minute to fly to dsc for a day.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You need to go so we can hang out.

Posts: 12016 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Las Vegas and at SCI from Tuesday through Thursday that week.

[Squeezing it in between the Tri-State Outdoor Expo in Pittsburgh,PA Jan 27-29, and NRA's Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg,PA Feb 4-12]

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Still thinking about it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13464 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vicki and I will be there Wed. and Thursday. I hope that you can make it, Cal, it would be nice to see you again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

I will look into flights. I have a lot of guest sthat weekend. There is a big consumer sector investor conference in Orlando and I have a lot of friends flying in for it.

Will try and see if I can do Thursday and Friday.

Vegas for SCI seems more doable. But at lot of people I want to meet are actually at DSC.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
I will try to be there, as soon as I know at what booth we would be invited, hope to get to meet some AR members!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Will be in Dallas thursday and friday tu2

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic

Posts: 12016 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will be there, quick visit with friends and drop off money for a hunt in 2017.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Have not been planning to go to SCI this year but my resolve is weakening. A friend with Constellation Brands (Corona, Pacifico, Modelo) just invited us to their Super Bowl party in Vegas, so if I'm gonna be in Vegas anyway...

Posts: 3873 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote