THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Africa film list. Can you add titles?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa film list. Can you add titles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Jock of the Bushveld"

Kinda like our version of "Old Yeller", but set in Kruger NP area during gold rush days.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Whilst not Africa, "Harry Black and the Tiger" Stu Granger film has some nice Double rifles, Tiger hunting scenes along with some lovely colonial cottages (must build myself one of these).

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Windprints with Sean Bean

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
The Constant Gardner

rachel weizs...

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Got one
Mountains of the moon

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ELeeton:
Breaker Morant

Great movie!

Posts: 10207 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"A Boy Ten Feet Tall"

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Just ran across a PBS series called The Heat of the Sun (it's on Netflix) about a Scotland Yard detective effectively exiled to Kenya's Happy Valley during the golden age. Each episode is nearly two hours long and they are quite good.

One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
There are some great movies listed in this valuable thread - thanks.

As I wrote in an earlier thread, I highy recommend 'The Battle of Algiers'; it is particularly well made and so realistic it was required viewing for many years in the unconventional warfare program (the 'Q' Course) at the JFK Special Warfare Center. Created in an almost documentary style, it starred at least one actor who had actually served with the Légion étrangère (French Foreign Legion) in Algiers during the last days of French control (he's featured on the poster below and later starred in the original film production 'The Day of the Jackal' - also as an ex-Legionnaire).

The movie provides keen insights into what motivates guerilla, terrorist and other 'freedom' movements in locations like Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria. I encourage any of you with an interest in Northern Africa, and insurgencies in particular, to watch this movie and see how little things change.

On a more macabre and sinister note, back in 1932 a remake of 'West of Zanzibar' was made entitled 'Kongo' starring Walter Huston (co-star of 'Treasure of Sierra Madre' and father of director/actor John Huston), Lupe Vélez, and Virginia Bruce. This is a rarely seen movie and only recently has it occasionally appeared on Turner Classic Movies.

'Kongo' is a bizarre, occasionally titillating, somewhat camp, but always disturbing melodrama set in a steamy, malarial African rainforest. Huston plays 'Deadlegs' Flint, a madman with elements of Conrad's Kurtz, who lost the use of his legs during a brutal fight with a man named Gordon. It offers a disturbing portrait of a bitter, crippled, and insane African ivory trader who's rage and compulsion for revenge compels him to torture - mentally and physically - all those around him.

He terrifies the local tribesmen into submission using magic tricks to feign knowledge of voodoo and is even more depraved in his treatment of the few Westerners who are trapped in his employ or by circumstance. The movie centers around his horrifyingly elaborate and bestial plans to exact payback against his nemesis. The ending is classic.

Filmed before the censorship code came into effect in the early '30's, it's a wonder that MGM green-lighted a movie this risqué to be made. For film buffs, it was produced by MGM in the same year they created their notorious movie 'Freaks'.

'Kongo' is available on DVD but surprisingly can be watched from the comfort of your computer (in 11 parts) on YouTube: 'Kongo' on youTube. Check it out!

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:
Originally posted by ELeeton:
Breaker Morant

Great movie!

Breaker Morant is one of the best movies ever made, African genre or not, and should be in everyone's DVD collection.

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. G.B. Shaw

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oday450:
"Shout at the Devil" with Lee Marvn based on a Wilbur Smith book about WWI in Africa.

Both book and film are excellent. In my opinion Wilbur Smith's finest offering. He really nailed it. Based on fact - revolving around events that took place during the First World War. A battle at sea between the German Cruiser (I think)Konigsberg(sp) and the British navy, and the aftermath. Set in German east Africa and Mozambique, the Rufiji delta specifically. War, elephant hunting, a love affair, tragedy, laugh-out-loud humor, non-stop action, 'Shout at the Devil' has it all. And that is the best book review Wilbur Smith will ever get from me. Smiler The film also stars Roger Moore. Lee Marvin's performance was outstanding, as always.

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is HBO series called "The Number One Ladies Detective Agency" filmed in Botswana. Quite entertaining.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
There is HBO series called "The Number One Ladies Detective Agency" filmed in Botswana. Quite entertaining.

And Jill Scott can apparently act as well as sing!