Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting lottery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
For many the cost of hunting in Africa is not affordable and I have been contemplating ways to address this and extend a fairer option to just such a market.

Surely the way to go is to raffle a hunt?

I have seen this advertised here for charity purposes but why is this structure not more popular?

There are many variations here but let me take an example of a plains game hunt in wild Africa. And let us say it is only available to AR members and the cost is $100 bucks a ticket limited to 100. The raffle is hosted by a reputable booking agent, or the website owner itself? Monies are to offset daily rates, hunting license, transfers and dip & pack. Trophy fees not included?

If the financial aspect or the receiving of raffle money is problematic then a website with Pay Pal would work. All those who are interested initially have to post a public pledge to purchase and are obliged to cough up later.

Like I say there are many variations to the above but I would be quite keen for comment as I might like to try this for next year?

That is if I could find a reputable booking agent by then.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9957 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure the legality of it all, but at 22, I can afford $100 but not several thousand!

The Pa Pal idea, however, would not work. The admin on other hunting website I visit tried to set up pay pal for a raffle and got in trouble with pay pal for it, something about it being a form of gambling. Just FYI.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
The only problem I see with this would be a guy who can not afford it buying the ticket and winning. The purchase of the ticket would be irresponsible but stranger things happen. There is still airfare and trophy fees which is a significant amount. Plus the cost of getting things home etc..

That leaves the option of a totally all inclusive package including airfare and some trophy fees. The safari company would have a hard time recovering this cost through the sale of the tickets.

On top of that they will be ruined for life as he or she will have no means to make it back for another hunt and will then be forced into a life of crime, robbery, or prostitution. Big Grin

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd buy one or two..

So what species will be offered, TF for them, areas hunted, dates, etc??

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Grafton,

Agreed but you could always redraw if the winner did not pay for the projected trophy fees within a certain time frame? A deposit as such.

To keep costs down you do not have to export your trophies and just go home with a stack of photographs and some good memories? Probably wise to include all extras like hotel accommodation, duties on ammunition and camp gratuities?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Where are we goin Bwana?

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Andrew, I think it would be a great idea if you can work out the logistics/details. Maybe announce the winner at our AR dinner in Dallas? Winner wouldn't have to be present but our little gang has become quite an event in itself. If I may add, it might (and I say might) be possible to get others involved with your project: Taxidermists, Shipper/Importer, Dip-Pack exporter, Travel agent etc. What they could offer is discounts or ?? In return they would get exclusive advertising to this venture. I think it would be a win-win for all IMHO.
Regards,
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Or . . .

100 tickets at $1000 each for a chance at 21 days for lion, leop, and buff with Andrew.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Are Raffles Legal In The United States?

The answer is generally and unequivocally no, in the case of a raffle of the kind under discussion.

Which is why we don't see this kind of thing happening.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know I have read a story about someone who put on a raffle to sell their house, and some idiot lady bought a ticket and guess what, she won!!!

And then didn't realize she had to pay taxes on the value of her winning ticket...oh about 750K, and guess what the IRS is still kicking her ass!

There's way to many problems with this idea, mainly if you can only afford $100 you probably shouldn't be taking the trip...

The only trip I'm interested in buying tickets for is one FAIRGAME is offering!!! SEND ME TO ZAMBIA!

However, I'm a negative nancy concerning these type of things including auction hunts, too many loop holes, hard to hold people accountable...

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
That is if I could find a reputable booking agent by then.

pissers

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve f
posted Hide Post
The "Huntin Fool" newsletter/organization raffles off at least 30 hunts per year. They are based in Utah. Over $300,000 worth I believe.

They sell tickets at $50 a pc all over the country so must be legal and it seems there is a market for them.

SCI
DSC
NRA
NAHC
DRSS

Posts: 93 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Count me in for several tickets and my father too.

Posts: 680 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Are Raffles Legal In The United States?

The answer is generally and unequivocally no, in the case of a raffle of the kind under discussion.

Which is why we don't see this kind of thing happening.

OK let us say that Saeed endorsed the idea and if it was to be advertised here then surely that would be legal?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oryxhunter1983:
I know I have read a story about someone who put on a raffle to sell their house, and some idiot lady bought a ticket and guess what, she won!!!

And then didn't realize she had to pay taxes on the value of her winning ticket...oh about 750K, and guess what the IRS is still kicking her ass!

There's way to many problems with this idea, mainly if you can only afford $100 you probably shouldn't be taking the trip...

The only trip I'm interested in buying tickets for is one FAIRGAME is offering!!! SEND ME TO ZAMBIA!

However, I'm a negative nancy concerning these type of things including auction hunts, too many loop holes, hard to hold people accountable...

I hear you but is it not me who is putting my head on the block?

It will not cost you only $100 but a couple of grand in air tickets and probably seven to ten in trophy fees, lets say ten all in but still a bargain and a great opportunity for those who can only dream about old Africa.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Its illegal for a reason. You dont lure big sharks with a raffle you get the people with little or no money.

99% are loosers and the the only one that is the winner is the raffle holder and maybe that 1%.

For me a raffle is ok to raise money for good cause as the "keegan fund" etc but I would not buy a ticket for this, well thats just me.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
A Dahlgren,

Is is not about attracting big sharks but more about offering others an opportunity.

OK for example let us increase the odds to ten tickets at $1,000 each or five at $2,000. Odds are much better but the bets are higher.

I am not sure of the structure of the Keegan Fund but would presume it was unlimited thus very much decreasing your chances, however it was not really about the hunt but more support for a PH in need.

Maybe if you would want to support those who cannot afford Africa then you would buy a couple of tickets for much the same reason? I am sure if you were to win then you would be charitable enough to pass it on to one of those less fortunate than yourselves?

I suspect there are many here who would buy a few tickets as a gamble especially if the odds were good.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that every year the sheep foundation raffles off severl sheep hunts. Must be a way for it to be legal, but probably varies state to state.

If it's a leopard hunt with you, I'm in. Then if I won, maybe the company would sell me a lechwe/sitatunga hunt to accompany it.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L. David Keith:
Andrew, I think it would be a great idea if you can work out the logistics/details. Maybe announce the winner at our AR dinner in Dallas? Winner wouldn't have to be present but our little gang has become quite an event in itself. If I may add, it might (and I say might) be possible to get others involved with your project: Taxidermists, Shipper/Importer, Dip-Pack exporter, Travel agent etc. What they could offer is discounts or ?? In return they would get exclusive advertising to this venture. I think it would be a win-win for all IMHO.
Regards,
David

Give it some thought and let me know. For instance an agent normally deducts a commission off the daily rate and if he was prepared to organize the logistics but was good enough to waver this income then that saving could go towards increasing the odds?

If I was driving in to do the hunt then the vehicle transfer would also be at no charge.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Dahlgren,

Is is not about attracting big sharks but more about offering others an opportunity.

OK for example let us increase the odds to ten tickets at $1,000 each or five at $2,000. Odds are much better but the bets are higher.

I am not sure of the structure of the Keegan Fund but would presume it was unlimited thus very much decreasing your chances, however it was not really about the hunt but more support for a PH in need.

Maybe if you would want to support those who cannot afford Africa then you would buy a couple of tickets for much the same reason? I am sure if you were to win then you would be charitable enough to pass it on to one of those less fortunate than yourselves?

I suspect there are many here who would buy a few tickets as a gamble especially if the odds were good.

The best advice I could give to people that dont can afford a plainsgame hunt in Africa is to put the 100 bucks in a bowl and save it. Because this will set 99% of them back a couple of more months before they will be in Africa.
Im only 28 but this is for me the oldest trick in the book.

Running a raffle is illegal in most of the United States, although many states make an exception for raffles in which the proceeds go to charity

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Seems to me that every year the sheep foundation raffles off severl sheep hunts. Must be a way for it to be legal, but probably varies state to state.

If it's a leopard hunt with you, I'm in. Then if I won, maybe the company would sell me a lechwe/sitatunga hunt to accompany it.

I am going deep into the Kafue Flats in a couple of weeks time and this is an exploratory trip as such and I am using a couple of mates as guinea pigs. We are going in for four days and mainly using canoe. This just for one specie but I want to see what is in the hinterlands as it cannot be breached by vehicle and remains very much unexplored by safari hunters. The hunt and trophy fee is not expensive and less so when there is a small group on one PH.

This hunt could become a raffle designed to attract a syndicate of mates that would want to hunt together and where as the odds of selection are pretty good.

Something like that.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
quote:
A Dahlgren,

The best advice I could give to people that dont can afford a plainsgame hunt in Africa is to put the 100 bucks in a bowl and save it. Because this will set 99% of them back a couple of more months before they will be in Africa.
Im only 28 but this is for me the oldest trick in the book.

Running a raffle is illegal in most of the United States, although many states make an exception for raffles in which the proceeds go to charity

Oldest trick in the book?

OK let me give an another example of tricks. Chap hunts a Lion with me spends a fortune and does not get his Lion but takes a Leopard, Roan and some other important species. I just downgraded him and charged him for the Leopard and he thought that was a great trick.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
That is a great trick Andrew Big Grin

I just dont agree with raffles, hunting pigs with shotsguns from a car in 80 MPH and that baiting leopard is the only way to go... Almost everything else we agree on Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the legal end,but who is saying this is based in the US?

There are hunts and guns raffled at all the local club events and they are not charities,good causes maybe,but don't qualify for a tax exemption.That's why SCI Foundation is seperate is it not?

I wouldn't exactly qualify this as a PG safari either.Given the chance and having the $$$;I'd drop $100 to go from a ranch hunt in SA,to a free range hunt in wild Africa in a heartbeat.

How cool would that be?

Good luck with the whole idea.

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not just make the draw for a full hunt including trohpy fees, and the cost of airfare from say 4 points in the world, NY, LA, London or Frankfurt.

Say $100 a ticket limit the thing to 2500 tickets.

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:

250K for a plainsgame hunt - I give up, good luck guys !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what about say 250 tickets at $100 each. That comes out to $25k to put together a HELL of a hunt.

It could include:

Trophy fees of the winners choice.

Dipping and ppacking.

Daily rate and all outfitting.

Taxidermy.

Basically everything but airfare and transportation for the hunter.

Now if the whole thing could be done for say $20k then the charity it could be done for nets $5k.

Just a thought.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of issues here, at least in the US.

First off, running a gambling game for profit is illegal. Doesn't make this impossible (you would need someone who would run it as a nonprofit or charity, and you can bet good money with what we are talking about the government would "inspect" it frequently. Easier if its run out of the UAE or Africa, but still in the US at least, they will have to pay taxes on the winnings, depending on how they view it as ordinary income or worse yet, gift tax.

Secondly, what do you guys consider with "fairness" rearing its head- what if someone involved's good buddy wins 3 times in a row? We can bet someone would be crying foul quickly.

Third, are you going to restrict it to just the "poor" for lack of a better term? If you are giving away a free hunt like Infinito's that he gets to choose who gets it, you know that the fellows donating know they are getting their target group.

Now, I can't say that I'm opposed to the idea in general, heck if its something that I would be willing to go, and pay for on myself, I might take a gamble on it, as the odds are better than any other gambling you might do (like life insurance anyone...) it still would have to be something I would want, and at a price I could justify- I would not be talking in the thousands, as at that point I might as well save and go on my own (which you would note would reduce the donor pool so as to make it even more expensive)

Which brings up what you are going to do if you don't sell enough tickets to pay the trip- the "organizer" would be mailing back checks and using up his time for this, or would it just roll in to the next one (if ever...)

Sounds like a lot of time and effort and some money on someone's part to run, if they are not paid...and much more likely to have some sort of chicanery if they are paid.... For an example, if you have a booking agent run it, are they paid their commission? If so, do the feds call that running a game of chance for profit? I think this is why almost all of these that you see are either groups offering hunts that they have been donated or given for service (advertising) or true charities- then they are not under those rules (at least in some states...)

Not a horrible idea, but with the legal work required, the initial fol-de-rol involved, and the governmental oversight, not too practical.

Most of this came out of my local shooting club wanting to raffle off some guns for a fundraiser and talking with an attorney that donated a fair amount of time to get it done.

Just my $0.02

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
I am sure you have all, or at least most of you seen the Raffle currently ongoing for a 10 Day trophy Buff Hunt with PG with the Save Valley Conservancy.
I have been told that this may be illegal in the States, however a few legal minds based in the States seem to think it is perfectly legal as the Raffle meets all and any of the statutes anyway.

My feeling on something like this is simply that for a $100 or so , a guy could win himself the chance of a lifetime , that he may not ever be able to afford. In addition, the proceeds go to a good cause (anti poaching) , so no agents or even operators are making "profits" out of it.

I was very interested to read the opinions above and will remain interested in the comments hereafter. AR is great that way and I enjoy the always varied , honest contributions that you all make.

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
quote:

250K for a plainsgame hunt - I give up, good luck guys !

Think martinbns meant 250

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
what about say 250 tickets at $100 each. That comes out to $25k to put together a HELL of a hunt.

It could include:

Trophy fees of the winners choice.

Dipping and ppacking.

Daily rate and all outfitting.

Taxidermy.

Basically everything but airfare and transportation for the hunter.

Now if the whole thing could be done for say $20k then the charity it could be done for nets $5k.

Just a thought.

Not a bad idea. I support two schools in the Luangwa valley and my wife operates a charity for these kids so that would be an obvious one and close to home.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Lots of issues here, at least in the US.

First off, running a gambling game for profit is illegal. Doesn't make this impossible (you would need someone who would run it as a nonprofit or charity, and you can bet good money with what we are talking about the government would "inspect" it frequently. Easier if its run out of the UAE or Africa, but still in the US at least, they will have to pay taxes on the winnings, depending on how they view it as ordinary income or worse yet, gift tax.

Secondly, what do you guys consider with "fairness" rearing its head- what if someone involved's good buddy wins 3 times in a row? We can bet someone would be crying foul quickly.

Third, are you going to restrict it to just the "poor" for lack of a better term? If you are giving away a free hunt like Infinito's that he gets to choose who gets it, you know that the fellows donating know they are getting their target group.

Now, I can't say that I'm opposed to the idea in general, heck if its something that I would be willing to go, and pay for on myself, I might take a gamble on it, as the odds are better than any other gambling you might do (like life insurance anyone...) it still would have to be something I would want, and at a price I could justify- I would not be talking in the thousands, as at that point I might as well save and go on my own (which you would note would reduce the donor pool so as to make it even more expensive)

Which brings up what you are going to do if you don't sell enough tickets to pay the trip- the "organizer" would be mailing back checks and using up his time for this, or would it just roll in to the next one (if ever...)

Sounds like a lot of time and effort and some money on someone's part to run, if they are not paid...and much more likely to have some sort of chicanery if they are paid.... For an example, if you have a booking agent run it, are they paid their commission? If so, do the feds call that running a game of chance for profit? I think this is why almost all of these that you see are either groups offering hunts that they have been donated or given for service (advertising) or true charities- then they are not under those rules (at least in some states...)

Not a horrible idea, but with the legal work required, the initial fol-de-rol involved, and the governmental oversight, not too practical.

Most of this came out of my local shooting club wanting to raffle off some guns for a fundraiser and talking with an attorney that donated a fair amount of time to get it done.

Just my $0.02

Thanks for that. And a lottery is a lottery and I cannot dictate who wins and who buys a ticket.

I am open to suggestion and do realize that the financial side would be finicky.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimFrosty:
I am sure you have all, or at least most of you seen the Raffle currently ongoing for a 10 Day trophy Buff Hunt with PG with the Save Valley Conservancy.
I have been told that this may be illegal in the States, however a few legal minds based in the States seem to think it is perfectly legal as the Raffle meets all and any of the statutes anyway.

My feeling on something like this is simply that for a $100 or so , a guy could win himself the chance of a lifetime , that he may not ever be able to afford. In addition, the proceeds go to a good cause (anti poaching) , so no agents or even operators are making "profits" out of it.

I was very interested to read the opinions above and will remain interested in the comments hereafter. AR is great that way and I enjoy the always varied , honest contributions that you all make.

zimfrosty,

Can you find more about the raffle and who is conducting it?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
Fairgame
The Raffle is being run by the Save valley Conservancy Anti Poaching Unit. Tickets are $125 and can be paid for in the US. All of the proceeds go to the Unit to fund the fight against poaching.
The Raffle is for a 10 Day trophy Buffalo Hunt with Plains Game which can be held on any of the participating operators properties.
The Plains Game component consist of Zebra Impala and baboon, but can be negotiated with the chosen operator.

The prize covers daily rates, accom , trophy fees, etc for 1 person. In addition the winner will receive $2000 toward air fares etc .

As I said this is a great trip for the winner and the proceeds go to a very good cause.

PM me if you want details of the people in the US handling the tickets etc

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
My apologies
I should have added that there are only 500 tickets in total.
Fees etc include accom, PH, etc etc.

Many of you will certainly know some of the participating operators such as Shangaan Hunters, Mokore Safaris, Roger Whittal Safaris, Forever African Safaris , Leon Du Plessis , etc etc

The operators and PHs are supporting the raffle by providing camps, lodges , staff , etc etc so the winner has a wide selection of who to deal with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
AR newbies won't remember this, but there have been some hunt and rifle raffles on AR.

Here's the BIG WINNER

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
AR newbies won't remember this, but there have been some hunt and rifle raffles on AR.

Here's the BIG WINNER

There is a lot of difference between what is being proposed here and this raffle.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
True. No one bought a raffle ticket for BIG WINNER

But there have been raffles on AR with the same premise: pay $25 (or 5 for $100) for a chance at something you otherwise couldn't afford.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimFrosty:
My apologies
I should have added that there are only 500 tickets in total.
Fees etc include accom, PH, etc etc.

Many of you will certainly know some of the participating operators such as Shangaan Hunters, Mokore Safaris, Roger Whittal Safaris, Forever African Safaris , Leon Du Plessis , etc etc

The operators and PHs are supporting the raffle by providing camps, lodges , staff , etc etc so the winner has a wide selection of who to deal with.

zimFrosty,

500 tickets = $62,000. I would not want to profit over my advertised fees. A fair proportion of our company profits are dedicated to AP and I do not expect others to pay for my expenses if you see what I mean?

Think it best not to go the charity way for now.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So...

What species would be offered on this hunt if it were to come to a realization??

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote