THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    No charges for Palmer in poor Cecil's demise
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No charges for Palmer in poor Cecil's demise
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I said from day one they would not charge Palmer, even the idiots in charge aren't that stupid. All the extradition screaming was funny as hell since there were NO CHARGES to extradite for.....

Birmingham, Al

one of us
posted Hide Post
I found it was amazing how many were yelling for his head even before all the facts were in

Lets hope other don't find them selves at the chopping block of political correct hunting the anti's that want to stop it all

http://www.freerepublic.com/fo...f-chat/3347767/posts

comments.
Dentist who killed Cecil the lion won’t be charged because hunt was legal
NY Post ^ | October 12, 2015 | Chris Perez

Posted on ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎1‎:‎28‎:‎23‎ ‎PM by conservative98

The American dentist who sparked worldwide outrage in July when he killed Cecil — Zimbabwe’s most beloved lion — will not be charged with any crime because the hunt was perfectly legal, authorities said Monday.

Walter Palmer, 55, had “all (his) papers in order” when he tracked the rare black-maned big cat and took him down with a bow and arrow just outside Hwange National Park in the Western part of the African country, according to Reuters.

Environment Minister Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri told local media that Zimbabwean authorities had conducted an investigation in part with the Prosecutor General, which concluded that the Minnesota dentist was indeed hunting legally like he had long claimed — and he had no idea that the lion he had killed was one of the country’s biggest tourist attractions.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Posts: 19583 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Good for him!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bet we don't see much from the MSM on this news....or apologies for the death threats from the "loons".

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I NEVER saw, anywhere, a citation of a law or statute that he was accused of violating.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
But plenty of us here were ready to Lynch him
I remember because it really pissed me of that some of us here on AR were throwing him under the bus

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Funny, I did not see this reported on any of the networks nightly news programs. I wonder how they missed it? Roll Eyes

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
Funny, I did not see this reported on any of the networks nightly news programs. I wonder how they missed it? Roll Eyes

Actually it was reported on the network news tonight. I wandered into the living room around 6:15PM where my wife had the news on. I think it was ABC but not sure. They covered the story saying Palmer's paperwork was in order and that there were no charges filed against him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am in Manchester England right now and saw the story on the news last night, although I could not hear it because I was in a pub; saw the lion and a headline about Cecil.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Palmer's the only one who knows whether he did anything wrong or not and in Bronkhorst and Ndlovu he has two tiers of plausible deniability so of course they'd never extradite him. Nor would they extradite Jabba the Hutt to a country with Zim's human rights record. Zim would cry out in the beginning for his head to get a little political "Oooh, look what the Evil West is doing to us now!" capital, but they're not going to risk their $20m a year stipend from hunters. So why is this news?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the only correct result!! I hope he sues the shit out of all that trashed him

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have never said a word on this poor Doctor. We were advised in the beginning that the paperwork was as far as the Doctor was concerned 100% in order. The situation developed as a result of th so called Greenies in Zim along wit factions of the government not shall we say being compensated as the deemed "proper".

Recently we spent a week in Mana Pools with some of our folks snapping photos. There was a gay cabal error and his 6 foot plus lesbian companion in the group. All was peace love and granola sort of a love fest on their part. The alleged female was very tall, thin needed a shave, constantly sucked an e cigarette and pontificated on everything in the world telling us how wonderful it was to have us there. That worked great until Tanya Blake our licensed fully Zimbabwe PH, absolutely knock down beautiful and an extremely eloquent speaker when the reported woman asked Tanya what she did and what our group was doing. Tawny replied very kindly, sweetly and professionally that I was soon to do 21 days on a leopard, the others were after sable, buffalo and elephant. This woman nearly swallowed her e cigarette and he beard nearly fell out. (This was a 100% female who was well known to the camp staff) absolutely freaked out and in front of everyone when she learned that and Tanya was my PH JUMPED up and shouted at Tanya with the e cigarette billowing, shaking and falling to the ground " I hope you die a very lingering death. Tanya smile got up and walked away. I did manage to offer her friend the opportunity to join us in hunting camp for a few days since we were just a few klicks away in Makuti. He choked and buggered off with his dream thing. We later found out that they are huge Anti's living in Harrare, well connected to the government and PETA. We also were told that they were the first to spread the false information on the pet lion. There was a lot of undercurrent with this situation. We were told from the very beginning that this was all fake and would blow over as the Government is connected deeply financially with each hunting area. They want and need the money. I should hope the beard went grey.

In any event we all had a fantastic hunt, managed great trophies and all avoided any illnes. The only problem was the second in command at Riffa Camo was suffering from a nasty spider bite on his leg nearly to the bone and Christa saved him there as the local remedy was not being real successful.

It is just so sad that so many of the "sportsmen" and Clubs lost the plot for absolutely no bloody reason. Which we found quite disgusting and cowardly!

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I recall, the ever worthless organization known as "SCI - First for NO ONE" immediately suspended Dr. Palmer's membership, did they not?

Any apology, reinstatement, or offer to return to the club on behalf of SCI? Not that he would be interested in any of the above, but I just wonder if the HUNTING ELITE is willing to at least try to make things right?

Anyone know where this man can go to get his reputation back? Shameful, especially when you consider some of our own were complicit in his initial demise!!!

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall!"

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
As I recall, the ever worthless organization known as "SCI - First for NO ONE" immediately suspended Dr. Palmer's membership, did they not?

Any apology, reinstatement, or offer to return to the club on behalf of SCI? Not that he would be interested in any of the above, but I just wonder if the HUNTING ELITE is willing to at least try to make things right?

Anyone know where this man can go to get his reputation back? Shameful, especially when you consider some of our own were complicit in his initial demise!!!

The dear doc gets no sympathy from me. He should have been suspended and barred from SCI after his FIRST felony game law conviction several years ago. He has no reputation as a hunter and deserves none in my view. I prefer not to be "united" with the likes of him thank you very much.

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:

They didn't miss it I saw it on NBC at noon, and again at ten O;clock that evening!

I said all along he had his permits in hand and if there was a crook in the mix it was the safari company!

I think there are a few here with egg on their faces today!

..................................................................... donttroll

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good!!

There was a local new run on this story in my home state of Utah! Most were in support of the doctor. However, there were a few idiots that criticized lion and trophy hunting. What was amazing is that 1 or two of them actually called themselves hunters!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
and didn't SCI suspend his membership or something like that when this all began?

If that's true, and I were him, I would tell SCI to stick their membership where the sun don't shine, and HELLO Dallas Safari Club!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1975 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You wont be at the SCI convention next year mate?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

The dear doc gets no sympathy from me. He should have been suspended and barred from SCI after his FIRST felony game law conviction several years ago. He has no reputation as a hunter and deserves none in my view. I prefer not to be "united" with the likes of him thank you very much.

Yep, I totally see how his past has everything to do with this issue - NOT! Some of us make mistakes in life Mike, I know I have - and everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt and a second chance. Even doctors Mike! Especially considering not you or I have one clue what REALLY happened / went on in the original issue you bring up. There's always two sides to every story. Even if he did wrong with no excuses, that has ZERO to do with the issue at hand. But the best course of action is to assume the worst, cast stones and fry him at the stake. We should all hope for his total demise over one wrong doing, after all its seems to be the American way anymore. Great idea!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So SCI suspended his membership during the media furor - then perhaps reinstates it. What's the issue there?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, Aaron ... you pretty well summed up the situation .. tu2

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
So SCI suspended his membership during the media furor - then perhaps reinstates it. What's the issue there?

Other than not having hunters backs that they're first for...The bigger issue is the lack of response and hiding from the issue that I personally have a problem with. Hunters need a voice, not just when everything is going smoothly but most importantly when there's a shit storm going on. Thats when it counts.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep, I totally see how his past has everything to do with this issue - NOT! Some of us make mistakes in life Mike, I know I have - and everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt and a second chance. Even doctors Mike! Especially considering not you or I have one clue what REALLY happened / went on in the original issue you bring up. There's always two sides to every story. Even if he did wrong with no excuses, that has ZERO to do with the issue at hand. But the best course of action is to assume the worst, cast stones and fry him at the stake. We should all hope for his total demise over one wrong doing, after all its seems to be the American way anymore. Great idea!!!

If you choose to align yourself with a convicted felon that pled guilty to game law violations, have at it. I prefer to condemn such actions. Every felon in prison has a "story" too, most are innocent to hear them tell it.

. . . maybe we actually deserve some of the condemnation the anti-hunting groups want to direct our way.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
quote:

Other than not having hunters backs that they're first for...The bigger issue is the lack of response and hiding from the issue that I personally have a problem with. Hunters need a voice, not just when everything is going smoothly but most importantly when there's a shit storm going on. Thats when it counts.
When was it going 'smoothly'? We have been under attack for a very long time... the 'Cecil' period was just particularly bad.

I doubt SCI had any idea how to deal directly with the anti onslaught and not seriously risk making matters worse for their members.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its their job to have an idea...

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This media attack was unprecedented in it's depth and immediate ferocity. It was truly ugly and worldwide. Do you really expect a pissant organisation of hunters to somehow deal with that and not make matters worse?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This media attack was unprecedented in it's depth and immediate ferocity. It was truly ugly and worldwide. Do you really expect a pissant organisation of hunters to somehow deal with that and not make matters worse?

If they're not he organization up to the task of leading and being our voice...then get out of the way and stop running your first for hunters ads and tell everyone you're just a pissant organization who will hide when the going gets tough. Im glad the NRA doesn't operate like that or id be forced to turn in my firearms.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If they're not he organization up to the task of leading and being our voice...then get out of the way and stop running your first for hunters ads and tell everyone you're just a pissant organization who will hide when the going gets tough. Im glad the NRA doesn't operate like that or id be forced to turn in my firearms.
SCI represents its members - I dont see them standing in the way of any other organisation that wants to represent hunters. If NRA can represent more hunters worldwide, with their hundreds of thousands of members they can have at it and I sincerely doubt that SCI would discourage them. But the NRA is a US-only organisation as I understand it, so they may not be up to that task any more than SCI, or any other user organisation for that matter.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe NRA membership is in the millions...but anyway. Hunters need a bigger, stronger more unified organization that can handle these issues. I got the impression SCI wanted to be that organization. Its obvious at this point they're not up to it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Quick question for Aaron and Palmer's defenders. Aaron, et al, this guy has been around. He has been dinged once. This kind of hunt was shady and is shady. Would you put your reputation at stake and undertake such a hunt? I know wouldn't. I have a fair amount of time in country, but not as much as you. I know enough to know this kind of hunt is shady at best.

So would you eschew a reputable outfitter for this fubar mess?

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
with their hundreds of thousands of members

Try 5 million. Quite a difference don't you think?

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
quote:

And in 2012 there were an estimated 14 million hunters in the United States. Yet of that number SCI . . . First for Hunters . . . has been able to garner less than one half of one percent as members. Talk about ineffective. That is stunningly ineffective. Quite amazing don't you think?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OK, that's great, my point is though that it is many, many times larger than SCI.

You guys really get hung-up on SCI using the slogan 'First For Hunters'.... seriously, who cares?? I very much doubt SCI is wondering why they don't have a couple of million members - like it was some kind of failure on their part. They appeal to a niche high-end hunting market - they know it, we know. Maybe the slogan should have been 'First for International Hunters'? ... but why the bloody hand-wringing and finger-pointing?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

... but why the bloody hand-wringing and finger-pointing?

Well for one thing, because they raise a lot of money from members, convention exhibitors, convention auctions, etc. and seem to do damn little with it. I will give you an example. Today I was forwarded two television ads that will run in Texas between now and election day in support of Proposition 6. Proposition 6 is to amend the Texas constitution to make it a constitutional right of Texans to hunt and fish. Were the ads and the media buy done by the group that is First for Hunters? The same group that included a fund raising appeal to members based on Proposition 6? No, the ads and the media buy were done by the NRA. Seriously SCI is borderline useless at this point. But if you want to be their apologist, have at it.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's your point there Mike? Obviously the NRA, with it's 5 million members has the cash to fund the Texas advertising campaign and can see value in it for their members (and future members) .... fullstop .... what does that have to do with SCI? If you are going to point fingers - why doesn't DU, DSC, NWTF, RMEF have their name on it and funds in it too?

I am not apologising for SCI - some AR members just like to 'run off at the mouth' whining about SCI. It's nauseating to say the least that SCI needs to be blamed for everything. I have said it a dozen times that SCI is very far from perfect - but the fact is that it is a relatively small but international group of hunters - not some all-powerful organisation like the NRA. It is no surprise that SCI has reached out to the NRA many times, to help with lobbying efforts.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's your point there Mike? Obviously the NRA, with it's 5 million members has the cash to fund the Texas advertising campaign and can see value in it for their members (and future members) .... fullstop .... what does that have to do with SCI? If you are going to point fingers - why doesn't DU, DSC, NWTF, RMEF have their name on it and funds in it too?

I am not apologising for SCI - some AR members just like to 'run off at the mouth' whining about SCI. It's nauseating to say the least that SCI needs to be blamed for everything. I have said it a dozen times that SCI is very far from perfect - but the fact is that it is a relatively small but international group of hunters - not some all-powerful organisation like the NRA. It is no surprise that SCI has reached out to the NRA many times, to help with lobbying efforts.

SCI advertises heavily on education and political lobbying power here in the states. Something along the lines of..if you care about hunting and hunters rights join SCI...maybe in Australia you don't see the same SCI message we do here. They run quit a few ads on political action and lobbying in Washington.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

SCI advertises heavily on education and political lobbying power here in the states. Something along the lines of..if you care about hunting and hunters rights join SCI...maybe in Australia you don't see the same SCI message we do here. They run quit a few ads on political action and lobbying in Washington.
I know what they do and they don't just run ad's on it.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
SCI is a private elite club.

NRA is an association. I doubt that the NRA would want to be called elitist and risk more backlash than it already gets from anti gun lobby.

If SCI can drop its elitist private club structure and become an open association with true democratic processes, things might change.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11221 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And in 2012 there were an estimated 14 million hunters in the United States. Yet of that number SCI . . . First for Hunters . . . has been able to garner less than one half of one percent as members. Talk about ineffective. That is stunningly ineffective. Quite amazing don't you think?

Matt,

The first thing you learn with any volunteer organization is that your Mission Statement is your guide post for strategic planning and all activity.

If SCI doesn't want to be called on the carpet, get rid of the "First for Hunters"
mission statement.

Which we all know is bsflag

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote