quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Saeed, sometimes it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it. Your statement never happened.

Why did Buzz change his stupid, senseless policy then??

Because like any responsible business person, he listened to the reaction of customers and changed the policy. Moreover, he changed the policy before anyone was ever made to pay the fees. So the policy was effectively never implemented. A fact you seem to conveniently overlook.

I know you will never admit to being wrong . . . but you are and most here understand that.

Or maybe because people on this very site had a problem with it he changed his mind.

Is that why he got his knickers in the twist and promised us we will never see him here again? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68683 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Saeed, sometimes it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it. Your statement never happened.

Because like any responsible business person, he listened to the reaction of customers and changed the policy. Moreover, he changed the policy before anyone was ever made to pay the fees. So the policy was effectively never implemented. A fact you seem to conveniently overlook.

I know you will never admit to being wrong . . . but you are and most here understand that.

A responsible business man, with an iota of common sense, would never have started such a stupid policy!

. . . unless the businessman had been screwed by clients “reserving” quota and then deciding not to shoot the “reserved” quota. You see, no matter how you want to spin it, the policy was the result of irresponsible hunters, not an irresponsible owner.

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Refund?

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or maybe because people on this very site had a problem with it he changed his mind.

Is that why he got his knickers in the twist and promised us we will never see him here again? clap

Just for the record Buzz 'left' AR after the several negative posts over his blackening out faces of hunters posing with the animals they had shot in photos Buzz had used in his Xmas report. While some hunters requested their faces be blacked out others posted that they had no issues with their faces being shown and they were proud to be hunters. Buzz made the arbitrary decision to blackout all faces.

The rev up Buzz got on this issue was seemingly the last straw for him after the rev up he had just got over charging non-refundable deposits.

Posts: 3907 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Eagle,

I believe that you are spot on.

Posting Photos these days is becoming an issue with how they are cascaded around. It has landed a few out of a job.

As mentioned before, some photos should be taken with the animal only or with the trackers and PH for show and tell.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
Saeed
You’ve obviously never hunted in Ethiopia or even Mozambique. You must book and pay for quota before you hunt. If you don’t take it there is no refund. That’s the deal and people who want to hunt these areas are ok with that scenario.

Wow. I didn’t know that.

I have had Mozambique on my radar for some time, but if this is true, I will not be hunting there, or any other country with this policy.

I have hunted with a deposit demanded up front for trophy fees, but promised the money would be refunded if I did NOT take the animals. As I shot all of my target animals, I never had the chance to test that policy (happily).

But I would never pay for a number of animals up front, knowing that if I did not take them, I would not get my trophy fees back! Most all of the countries I have hunted have allowed me to wire the trophy fee money of animals I took when I returned to the US.

Thank you for enlightening me!

Posts: 2624 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has Cme received his refund?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of late last week, no.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just for the record Buzz 'left' AR after the several negative posts over his blackening out faces of hunters posing with the animals they had shot in photos Buzz had used in his Xmas report. While some hunters requested their faces be blacked out others posted that they had no issues with their faces being shown and they were proud to be hunters. Buzz made the arbitrary decision to blackout all faces.

The rev up Buzz got on this issue was seemingly the last straw for him after the rev up he had just got over charging non-refundable deposits.

Just follow him on Facebook and ignore the bullshit being tossed around here by certain individuals….

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
Cme signed an agreement with the Operator and why would he do that if there was not going to be a satisfactory conclusion?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
Cme signed an agreement with the Operator and why would he do that if there was not going to be a satisfactory conclusion?

Andrew:

Why do you keep doing this? According to Corey (in the last 90 seconds ) there is no written agreement.

Here is his message :

A repayment agreement? That absolutely is not the case

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no damn written agreement, thats another lie!!!

Also for those wondering I have still not received a single dollar back.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cme:

Larry's quote - I have personally seen the "agreement." It is a text lacking detail. In my book, it is useless. To be clear, it came from the outfitter not Andrew.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cme:

If I am told there is a contractual agreement then what am I to believe? And you must be in communication with the Operator so what really is the suggested solution?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I hunted Moz last year, I did not really prepay TF’s. I did put a TF deposit which was less than half of what I ended up shooting, so it’s not universal in Mozambique.

quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
Saeed
You’ve obviously never hunted in Ethiopia or even Mozambique. You must book and pay for quota before you hunt. If you don’t take it there is no refund. That’s the deal and people who want to hunt these areas are ok with that scenario.

Wow. I didn’t know that.

I have had Mozambique on my radar for some time, but if this is true, I will not be hunting there, or any other country with this policy.

I have hunted with a deposit demanded up front for trophy fees, but promised the money would be refunded if I did NOT take the animals. As I shot all of my target animals, I never had the chance to test that policy (happily).

But I would never pay for a number of animals up front, knowing that if I did not take them, I would not get my trophy fees back! Most all of the countries I have hunted have allowed me to wire the trophy fee money of animals I took when I returned to the US.

Thank you for enlightening me!

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! I've booked for a couple of different outfits in Mozambique and nobody ever required prepaid trophy fees. I get a trophy deposit pre safari and hold it until I know what was shot and what was not shoot. Only then does the operator get any of the trophy fee money. If in the unlikely event that I am holding a balance post safari I will refund the client immediately. In almost all cases I have to bill the client for over shooting his deposit.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopia fees are required by the government to get the permits in advance. The operators typically pass thru those costs with no "add on" fees. My experience is limited to Jason Roussos, but I understand that is just how it is in Ethiopia

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Ethiopia fees are required by the government to get the permits in advance. The operators typically pass thru those costs with no "add on" fees. My experience is limited to Jason Roussos, but I understand that is just how it is in Ethiopia

That was also the case with Dave Rademeyer’s outfit in my experience.

It was explained as a license that required both before you shot it.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is crooked is an operator taking deposit moneys knowing full well he has no huntable quota, but using this deposit to refund other hunters deposits!!!!!

Hear, hear!!!!!

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote