Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . a crook? You embarrass yourself Saeed. cuckoo

Mike

Posts: 21284 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Crook?? I thought anyone could set whatever policy they wanted with marketed hunts. If a buyer didn’t agree to the terms, they just moved on. Nothing crooked about it. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13183 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Saeed, please be fair with that accusation. Regarding the prepaid trophy fees, it was very limited. It was ONLY for clients that wanted to hunt in a concession CMS didn’t control at that time and it was ONLY for eland and zebra, IIRC, in that outfitters concession where that operator had limited quota for those species. That operator had clients wanting to hunt those species when they had been promised to CMS and others, requiring CMS to pre purchase the quota. CMS had a couple of clients change their minds upon arrival, No longer wanting to take those species, leaving CMS holding the bag for the trophy fees without subsequent clients lined up to pay for them.

It was the main reason Buzz got his knickers in the twist after a member here complained.

Buzz was very happy to get clients off AR.

Once he decided to become a crook - charging NON REFUNDABLE trophy fees is what crooks do.

And an AR member complained, he decided AR is not for him!

I have absolutely, positively, no respect for someone who lacks character to stand for what he does.

Or at least apologize for what he did!

That is a ridiculous statement. He was upfront about the policy. If you don't like the policy, book another hunt. Absolutely NOTHING crooked about it.

I'm guessing you don't hunt in North America very often. Go find a quality elk hunt where you are not paying for the trophy regardless of success.

You want to talk about crooks? I've never heard of CMS taking $80,0000 from a hunter and not providing a hunt.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
just do not know why I have been singled out as the bad guy and how this will affect future bookings on AR

fairgame,

Why is everything about you? The hubris and narcissism are mind blowing. Shouldn't your primary concern be getting your clients money back? Shouldn't your second concern be in showing empathy to a client who's father is dying and may now never be able to hunt Africa with his son. If you do those two things, all gets back close to normal.

I am not trying to be rude, but you have the ability to come off as crass and clueless sometimes.

You asked the question so I will try to answer it in blunt honesty.

1. Never post while drinking. Perhaps you haven't in either of these two threads. If so I apologize. Your writing in the early pages of the first thread certainly didn't come across as someone in complete control of their senses. The post I am answering doesn't seem coherent either.

2. Stay humble. "Yes it was my mistake for putting the money with Ibrahim but I am in communication with him and CME to try and get the money back as soon as possible". Then make sure and stay in touch with both parties regularly until CME is paid off. Don't make excuses. They don't work. Also don't have a pity party for yourself like the post I am responding to.

3. Don't lie or say things that can easily be disproven in text messages. You have had to eat your words way too many times on the previous thread to have credibility now.

4. Remember the rule of glass houses. When you live in a glass house, don't throw stones at Sam Farrow or Mike Jines. DON'T START A NEW THREAD THAT DOUBLES THE AMOUNT OF BAD PRESS YOU WILL RECIEVE REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH YOU THINK THE INDIVIDUAL YOU ARE ATTACKING DESERVES IT. It may feel great throwing a rock through their house but these two threads are destroying your home.

5. Remember the rule of holes. When you are in a hole and over your head, stop digging. This should have been evident after the first day of the first thread. See number 2 above and stay humble.

For the average AR member these threads have been entertaining. Probably the most entertaining topic on AR in the past couple of years. I keep getting commentaries on WhatsApp every day from friends asking if I have seen the latest thing posted. This can't be good for your reputation. There are multiple AR members like dogcat who have politely tried to tell you to stop being pompous and arrogant in your comments. Instead of listening to his advice you start a new thread.

I have nothing against you. I believe we communicated one time about your quota clean up hunt with Thor. I was going to be happy taking a tracker and still hunt a 200 meter wide belt of riverine brush a kilometer or two long for the entire week or 10 days, to have a chance at one of those amazing bushbucks Thor has but that quota was already spoken for. Would I consider a hunt like that now? I know people like Frostbit have had amazing hunts with you, but there are already way more amazing places and wonderful outfitters/ph's than I will ever get the time to hunt with in my lifetime.

As I said in the other thread. My heart goes out for everyone trying to make an honest living in Africa. This goes for you too Andrew. It is not easy. I have tried and failed.

I hope you can salvage your clientele and hunting reputation. To do that, first you need to get CME his money back.

Stay humble!

Thank you for that and do you not think I have been singled out because of a previous thread and apparently I am wholly responsible for the CMS fiasco? Not to mention I stole money. I profited from client's money etc etc These are false accusations.

Government politics is beyond my control and I have done everything in my power to refund and reshuffle clients which has been hugely stressful. The last one to be refunded has reached an agreement with the Operator so what more can I do? If two parties sign a binding agreement then I am satisfied there is a conclusion albeit not the best scenario.

Again what more can I do? Say I am sorry? How do I do that if the poster does not answer my calls?

I have been requested not to post any further on the other thread which I will abide by but neither can I tolerate the persistent stone throwing which has become nasty and vindictive.

You all keep saying that I need to get the posters money back and indicate I am doing nothing. I assure you I have done my best and will be involved until the agreement has been finalized.

So everyone bar one has been refunded but the last has signed an agreement with the Operator.

If I had the money myself I would have paid back the poster and signed an agreement with the Operator.

It is difficult to stay humble under these circumstances but appreciate your advice

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9877 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the saddest of threads. CME'S comment that he can make more money but he can't make more time with his father tears at the heart. That is the main point.
I don't doubt for one moment that Andrew is doing everything he possibly can to pressure Ibi to repay the money as soon as possible. I do doubt that Ibi has still got the money or is in a position to pay at the moment. He is the problem.
Without trying to take sides I think we all realise the huge stress that Andrew is under at present. Royal Kafue, his life's work has been stolen off him and he faces very expensive litigation to get it back. He now has to take all the hunts he can get on other people's concessions to keep going. I wouldn't be surprised if he has had a drink or two before writing here.
I would hunt with him again any time.
CMS is a very fine company and I am looking forward to booking a hunt with them as soon as my wife's health allows.
Let he who is without fault amongst you cast the first stone, as Christ said.
Can we please put this shit fest to bed ? It won't get poor CME his money back any faster. It certainly won't help his father's situation. All it is doing now is trashing the reputations of Buzz and Andrew, two fine PHs.

Posts: 299 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Pom:
This is the saddest of threads. CME'S comment that he can make more money but he can't make more time with his father tears at the heart. That is the main point.
I don't doubt for one moment that Andrew is doing everything he possibly can to pressure Ibi to repay the money as soon as possible. I do doubt that Ibi has still got the money or is in a position to pay at the moment. He is the problem.
Without trying to take sides I think we all realise the huge stress that Andrew is under at present. Royal Kafue, his life's work has been stolen off him and he faces very expensive litigation to get it back. He now has to take all the hunts he can get on other people's concessions to keep going. I wouldn't be surprised if he has had a drink or two before writing here.
CMS is a very fine company and I am looking forward to booking a hunt with them as soon as my wife's health allows.
Can we please put this shit fest to bed ? It won't get poor CME his money back any faster. It certainly won't help his father's situation. All it is doing now is trashing the reputations of Buzz and Andrew, two fine PHs.

I sincerely hope that CME is able to spend quality time with his Father whom I was hoping to meet. Family is all important and I am lucky to have such a bond with my sons. It is dreadful to witness the demise and agony of a loved one and I apologize for the disappointment that I have caused and wish both Father and son the best of times together. I can only pray for a miracle.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you've missed the entire point Saeed and those opposing Buzz. Clients changing their minds after giving them his word is not on I'm afraid. Buzz is the one let down and out of pocket for keeping these animals aside for them. They couldn't care less about Buzz losing money...nice people hey.... Confused

So after being let down he tells people to "put your money where your mouth is".... nothing wrong with that. If you book it, then pay for it. If you are unsure, don't book it and if it's available when you arrive on safari, you can make your mind up

I struggle to comprehend the wokeness and why people that dont stick to their word are being seen as the heroes here...... mind boggling

Posts: 44 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree hope the 2 post just stop and everyone realizes none of this is helping anyone. Hoping the money gets returned faster then planned and he gets to do another hunt with his dad.

I dont think andrew or buzz were trying to screw over any clients. It is just how african business can make a great plan turn to shit fast. Guys just need to stop thinking the hunting business is any different then other business. Shit can happen at anytime that is out of the control of good people trying to give you what you want and make a living.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In my book, a crook who offers you something you might not a chance at and wants you to pay anyway.

You get it or not.

You have your standards, I have mine.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree with this summation completely.

And I have also stated before that I believe Andrew needs to help his client CME to get his money back, but I believe he is doing that, and see no proof from anyone so far, that he is not! Unfortunately, Ibi has (had?) the money.

And again, I am looking forward to my next hunt with Andrew. I have found him to be the best PH I have hired in the past (12) safaris in four different countries. I also hope that CME is made whole in this affair.

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
quote:

I agree hope the 2 post just stop and everyone realizes none of this is helping anyone. Hoping the money gets returned faster then planned and he gets to do another hunt with his dad.

I dont think andrew or buzz were trying to screw over any clients. It is just how african business can make a great plan turn to shit fast. Guys just need to stop thinking the hunting business is any different then other business. Shit can happen at anytime that is out of the control of good people trying to give you what you want and make a living.

Well said.

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once he decided to become a crook - charging NON REFUNDABLE trophy fees is what crooks do

Saeed, You are now calling Buzz a "crook" ?? Wow. From the posts where you lauded Buzz and CMS to outright calling him a crook in social media albeit your website. Thats a 180 degree shift if I have ever seen one. What a great shame.

These threads are just so sad and are so different to the AR of years ago. So much back stabbing and names and calling out and pointing fingers. Mark Sullivan and Cal was always sort of amusing but this has gone to a whole new level.

How about a big breather and we all get back to pro active hunting and supporting each other as hunters and bury the axe but not in each others backs !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:
quote:
Once he decided to become a crook - charging NON REFUNDABLE trophy fees is what crooks do

Saeed, You are now calling Buzz a "crook" ?? Wow. From the posts where you lauded Buzz and CMS to outright calling him a crook in social media albeit your website. Thats a 180 degree shift if I have ever seen one. What a great shame.

These threads are just so sad and are so different to the AR of years ago. So much back stabbing and names and calling out and pointing fingers.

How about a big breather and we all get back to pro active hunting and supporting each other as hunters and bury the axe but not in each others backs !

Amen

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Pathetic….. 2020

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I will repeat.

I have absolutely NO RESPECT for an individual who earns money off AR members.

And when he shits in his own house and others complain of the stink he gets his knickers in the twist and disappears.

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . the RESPECT, or more apropos in this instance, the lack thereof, road is a two-way street. Wink

Mike

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
This shitshow became shitshow 2x.

Alisawheels made a great post. However, it all boils down to if CME has been reimbursed. He has not been.

Andrew, you had a sterling reputation here. You’ve been booted from AH. You were on the top of my list of going to Zambia. I hate what happened to Royal Kafue. You may be hustling to get deals and get in the field again. That’s what hunters do and enjoy. I do believe you owe you honor and bond to get CME refunded. Your other clients were paid in full.

Shit, you created this separate thread. Bust your ass to make CME whole.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
This shitshow became shitshow 2x.

Alisawheels made a great post. However, it all boils down to if CME has been reimbursed. He has not been.

Andrew, you had a sterling reputation here. You’ve been booted from AH. You were on the top of my list of going to Zambia. I hate what happened to Royal Kafue. You may be hustling to get deals and get in the field again. That’s what hunters do and enjoy. I do believe you owe you honor and bond to get CME refunded. Your other clients were paid in full.

Shit, you created this separate thread. Bust your ass to make CME whole.

Indeed Alisawheel's post was well-constructed and lacked sarcasm or vindictiveness. Maybe what I should have done is receive the payments myself but when dealing with Operators one still has to pay deposits.

My lawyers had success in court today and my financial position may drastically change and then I will buy Lion from Cme. But as stated I continue to be involved and will not shirk my responsibilities.

By the way, the injunction was lifted and the Government indicated hunting will resume next year. As indicated it may be wise to have my signature on the contract which would make me liable.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
More smoke...
One thing fixes this entire mess.... a refund.

Posts: 10219 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:
quote:

These threads are just so sad and are so different to the AR of years ago. So much back stabbing and names and calling out and pointing fingers. Mark Sullivan and Cal was always sort of amusing but this has gone to a whole new level.

Right there

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
More smoke...
One thing fixes this entire mess.... a refund.

Yes, FOCUS on the REFUND!

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Instead of calling people out you should be working on the refund that you guaranteed.

A guarantee on a refund does not necessarily have a time frame and a protracted delay on making a timely restitution could bear consequences in the form of an interest per day/week/month as yet to be established.

Nowhere has it been said or hinted that the owed amount has been refuted by the debtor.

It is also well understood that under normal circumstances there should be no delay in paying back money to a creditor though it should seem obvious by now that these funds are not immediately available for disbursement and therefore pointless howling about it.

Maybe a full disclosure on what has been agreed or disagreed upon by the parties will help in reducing all the speculation, finger-pointing and generally playing the blame game.

Posts: 1912 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Instead of calling people out you should be working on the refund that you guaranteed.

A guarantee on a refund does not necessarily have a time frame and a protracted delay on making a timely restitution could bear consequences in the form of an interest per day/week/month as yet to be established.

Nowhere has it been said or hinted that the owed amount has been refuted by the debtor.

It is also well understood that under normal circumstances there should be no delay in paying back money to a creditor though it should seem obvious by now that these funds are not immediately available for disbursement and therefore pointless howling about it.

Maybe a full disclosure on what has been agreed or disagreed upon by the parties will help in reducing all the speculation, finger-pointing and generally playing the blame game.

I have personally seen the "agreement." It is a text lacking detail. In my book, it is useless. To be clear, it came from the outfitter not Andrew.

Posts: 12000 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I changed my mind about Buzz due to changed behavior.

Gave him several opportunities to man up an apologize.

He did not have the balls to do so!

He was quick get into a huff, but not enough courage to man up to his mistakes!

A CROOK in every since of the word.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Bullshit. When his no refund position was called into question, he quickly rescinded it, with an explanation as to why it was there in the first place. You just like to stir the pot stir

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most guys with balls will refuse to apologize when no apology is warranted. While you might be personally offended and butt hurt that he refused to kowtow to you like many others, that's your problem not Buzz's.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Most guys with balls will refuse to apologize when no apology is warranted. While you might be personally offended and butt hurt that he refused to kowtow to you like many others, that's your problem not Buzz's.

tu2 tu2

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why would he need to apologize to you??

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
quote:

Why would he need to apologize to you??

Not sure he is asking for it to be to him but more all the people on his site. For some of you on here it seems you have a problem how he runs his site. Did not have a problem when anyones favorite ph could advertise for free on here. For as unhappy as some of you seem to be you could always just leave and not use the site. I do not always agree with saeed comments but his site so if I dont like it I just move on to the next post.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many here would pay NON REFUNDABLE trophy fees??

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
quote:

It happens with buying packages including animals all the time.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It depends, Saeed.

Its the only game in some places, like Ethiopia.

I know, I got bit. Not the outfitter's fault. Paid it and sucked it up.

OTOH, I have had numerous operators have me pay via transfer after I return home.

I prefer to deal with folks who treat me with respect, but pre paid trophy fees are not automatically a problem.

Posts: 10684 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It happens with buying packages including animals all the time.

Depends in which country as not all operate under the same conditions regarding available quotas.

Tanzania for example does not sell quota to the outfitter but rather allocates numbers according to species on a credit basis which allows the hunter to "shoot first, pay later".

Posts: 1912 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you hunt in Ethiopia, that is what you have to do per the government.

Posts: 10219 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is exactly what I had to do the last time I went to Botswana.

This entire matter was raised by 30-06 King who ultimately did go on safari with CMS. He had a great hunt with them.

CMS explained their position . Ultimately, they changed their policy and charged no one up front . Having been to Nyakasanga, I can tell you the chances of not getting a zebra are close to zero.

Not everyone here likes CMS. That is their right to have that opinion . Others do like CMS. That is also their right to have that opinion . Similarly, it is our right to form an opinion on Andrew. Personally, I’d go again with CMS . After this debacle, particularly the flat out misrepresentations,I have formed my opinion on hunting with Andrew. I would also be very careful about going to Zambia.

It boggles my mind that Andrew started this thread. It has not helped his position in my view.

Posts: 12000 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
June 16, was the first refund request along with 6 other subsequent requests, 22 days since this came to light on AR, another excuse from the operator… zero dollars refunded…

I have a few questions for Fairgame:

-Since all of your clients received refunds and I still haven’t received a single dollar do you think my money was used to refund your other clients?

-How long should one have to wait to receive a full refund?

-Would if not be fair for interest to be paid to me for the money that has been held hostage?

You said you guarantee the money and that you may buy the Lion tag from me. You have mentioned a few times that you would be able to sell the Lion and leopard and even offered it up to members on here. Do you and the operator need to resale the hunt before I can be refunded?

Let’s see if you can answer these honestly. If you do, then it will go a long way with everyone on this site.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

That is exactly what I had to do the last time I went to Botswana.

This entire matter was raised by 30-06 King who ultimately did go on safari with CMS. He had a great hunt with them.

CMS explained their position . Ultimately, they changed their policy and charged no one up front . Having been to Nyakasanga, I can tell you the chances of not getting a zebra are close to zero.

Not everyone here likes CMS. That is their right to have that opinion . Others do like CMS. That is also their right to have that opinion . Similarly, it is our right to form an opinion on Andrew. Personally, I’d go again with CMS . After this debacle, particularly the flat out misrepresentations,I have formed my opinion on hunting with Andrew. I would also be very careful about going to Zambia.

It boggles my mind that Andrew started this thread. It has not helped his position in my view.

Larry -

I feel as you do. I, have hunted with Andrew. It was long before both of our AR days. I think 2004? He supplied a good experience and up until this debacle I would have considered going again.

This is nothing but sell inflicted on his part. Letting the first thread die down and fall off the first page would've been the wise thing to do.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3408 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think this is a misrepresentation of CMS policy. What I understood was that if you wanted quota held for you, you needed to pay it up front. If you then showed and decided you no longer wanted it, that was your decision and it was nonrefundable. I have no doubt that if:

1) CMS was able to sell the quota elsewhere so they were not stuck with it, or...

2) You did not have the opportunity to take a reasonable representative.

They would not have held your "prepaid" funds

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Is Buzz the only outfit demanding non refundable trophy fees in Zim?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

In my opinion regardless of the deal if the client is crystal clear on the details I see no issues. The client can either accepts the deal or not. It is his/her choice.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12885 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote