New
Find
Notify
Tools

JudgeG is "Mellowing" Picture Added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tommorow, September 21, JudgeG turns 60. Now he will have excuses for such things as drooling, flatulence, etc. I just thought some here might like to know.

My daughter took him out to dinner last night as an early celebration. Here they are. He's doing OK for an old guy huh??????

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dale, mine was last week, and although I'm still a ways away from that number,my wife keeps accusing me of the latter maladies. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I knew the Judge just had to be older than I but never thought the disparity would amount to well over a month!! Big Grin Happy Birthday Ernest!

BTW - Tomorrow is also my eldest son's birthday.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A big happy birthday to you, Ernest. The big six oh ain't so bad. Medicare is only five years away.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Ernest,

Happy Birthday!

cheers cheers cheers

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Ernest... and many, many more...
that's funny Ann , but that poor bloke needs to grow up abit to represent our buddy, JudgeG!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Happy B'day, Judge. wave

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Judge, I will lift a glass to you on the plane tommorrow as I head off to TZ for a date with a Buff! Good on Ya! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Ernest! I hope your spending the day hunting something.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday young man. beer

Ann, that photo is posted on the wall next to my desk and also on the frig at home! Everyone that knows me says "That's a fact Jack!". Big Grin

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1115:
... Now he will have excuses for such things as drooling, flatulence, etc. ...

What did he use as excuses before???
Big Grin

Happy Birthday Judge.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Only 60? I would of lost the pool! Eeker

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn ... all this time I thought he was an old fart! Good grief. I'm 4 months older than he is.

Congrats Judge G!

Big Grin

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
"Mellowing"?

Not its just the mellow Scotch! Big Grin

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Judge G, 60 isn't so bad. I turned 60 on August 29th while in the Selous!!!!

We've only just begun!!!! D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Whew! Thank goodness I don't have to worry about being the oldest member of the DRSS! Eeker

Happy Birthday Ernest!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1115, please ask your daughter to take me out to lunch sometime! JudgeG is just a kid!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Whew! Thank goodness I don't have to worry about being the oldest member of the DRSS! Eeker

Happy Birthday Ernest!

Hell, Rusty, you'er all just wet behind the ears kids! ............Damn it all!
jumping jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, JudgeG. Keep at it and you'll catch up with me. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!!!

Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
60???!!! I took the over on the 75 over/under. stir

Happy Birthday Judge!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ernest, the best to a fine man...Many healthy more and that includes Africa also...
Jorge, you will get there before me..Ha!Ha!
Oct. 3rd...

Mike cheers

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Judge - I will try to find a liquor store in Dallas that gives a senior citizen discout for your annual AR party in January.

Scott

Posts: 308 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Judge! I'm a year and a month behind you on the 60th. What's nice, though, is my son and daughter, when I told them I'd be 59 in October, didn't believe I was going to be that old! Gotta love kids like that.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Judge, I'm two months from mine!

SFC E7
Under 45 days now!

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
happy 60th! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Earnest happy 60th to you. 1115, you got any more daughters for loan ? I turn 50 next year.
Ooops, forgot I'm married. Well if wishes was horses, beggars would ride.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Kid!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Happy birthday and many more returns you old buzzard. I can't wait to drain a glass with you at DSC in January. First round is on me!

cheers

Brian

one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge , HAPPY B-DAY
As one looking very hard at 58, I'm glad to see my ELDERS are mellowing.

beer

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm 7 months behind you, Judge ...... Happy Birthday !!! ....... see you in Dallas.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't look a day over 58.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All the best whishes for THE BIG SIX O Judge, and for all the years ahead !! cheers

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG,

Happy Birthday and wishing you many, many more!

Best,

Jim

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, ye old fart...

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Judge. Hope you have another 60.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Well done, Judge!

Happy birthday,
cheers
friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I thank you folks for your kind wishes. I had a great birthday supper with 1115 and wife, Lee Davenport (another vet of the Selous) and wife, my two daughters, my local gunsmith, my wonderful mother and my brother (who has a great cabin in Alaska so I'm always kind to him). We had duck, buffalo, red snapper, scallops, shrimp, lamb, great beef, grouper... and I don't know what else. Good wine, some great single malts and sweets... An evening worthy of 60 years of burning the candle at both ends (and ending most of that foolishness? Yeah, you bet!). I just wish my friends on AR could have joined us. Maybe on my 70th? Send your deposit now.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
You sure had a good birthday party. I hope you have recovered from that big party by now. You can sit back, relax and start planning the next 60 years. May there be many successful hunts in the comming years beer

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's people like this that encourage someone to go on safari.Happy birthday judge!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote