New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is the best part of AR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here is group of people who likely would never have met if it weren’t for AR.

From a very wide area. Roy & Rene Vincent from Zimbabwe. Karl and Rebecca Evans
from Texas. Dan Sozzi from California.

Every one of us met directly or indirectly through AR. By the way , Dan and I were there to shoot pigs from a helicopter.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree more Larry. We've had pleasure of spending time with 3 of the 6. Just haven't been in the same place as Dan at the right time.

Cheers
J&J

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was good to get to visit with all of you, glad y’all chose a hunt that was close to our place Wink.
By the way, did you two kill any pigs? Smiler

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That’s pretty cool Larry.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
It was good to get to visit with all of you, glad y’all chose a hunt that was close to our place Wink.
By the way, did you two kill any pigs? Smiler

A few. Quite a few actually.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Spare a thought for me!

They are all supposed to be my friends!

I have known Roy and Rene for over 40 years.

And without any reservations, one cannot wish to meet a more down to earth, honest and genuine individuals, anywhere.

And by the looks of it, the others are made of the same cloth!

Glad I have friends like these. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66985 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yep Roy and Rene are the nicest people you'll ever meet.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Spare a thought for me!

They are all supposed to be my friends!

I have known Roy and Rene for over 40 years.

And without any reservations, one cannot wish to meet a more down to earth, honest and genuine individuals, anywhere.

And by the looks of it, the others are made of the same cloth!

Glad I have friends like these. clap

We all enjoyed visiting with them. Very nice people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The term "Motley Crew" comes to mind, but I guess some rock band already uses that name :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
It was a damn good time!

Visiting Roy & Rene at their home was too long in coming, but so glad I got to spend a few days with them. Especially glad they came over to the Divided Find Ranch to join everyone for dinner. It was an excellent time and meal.

Always nice to visit with Karl & Rebecca, and that duck hunt invitation for next season stands.

Larry, thanks so much for doing this helicopter hunt/shoot/cull with me. That was a great time! The last time I shot an AR rifle that much was with you too, seems to be a trend. Saeed, we were talking about how much you’d enjoy that but you’d probably want to fly the helicopter. Wink

I have to agree with Larry, this platform Saeed has created that brings strangers with a common love of Africa together and the friendships that develop truly are one of the very best aspects of AR. I’m feeling pretty fortunate right now.

Dan

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Looking like a good group and time was enjoyed by the lot.

thank you Larry for sharing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1577 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hear hear! beer

So many people across the globe I am friends with because of AR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36621 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Very cool Larry.

I too have met 3 of the 6 in that photo solely through AR, starting with you and your invite to come hunt pigs back in 2012 right after I got back from the New Zealand hunt with 2 broken ribs and 3 dislocated fingers from that fall I took on the mountain, as well as the numerous dinners you've hosted, where I met additional AR members. Even to the point of meeting and having dinner with Saeed in his home this year.

You are 100% correct in that I believe meeting like minded folks on this platform is one of the best aspects of AR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I got my chance to meet Larry and Todd through AR.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Dan who was hunting across the river from me with Richard Bell Cross and he took the time to cross the river to visit me. We had pretty much finished up but he suffered an injury chasing poachers and being a bull of a man there was no whining or complaints.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Great pic guys

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!

Posts: 1792 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I know 2 out of the 6 well. Have met 3 of the other 4 in person. And talk to Dan on social media. All of them I got acquainted with from AR.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36621 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Just a quick glance at the posters on this thread, I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:

Karl and Rebecca Evans,
Frostbit (Jim and wife, Joyce),
Of course Larry and his wife Mary Lynn,
Saeed,
Biebs at one of the AR BBQ dinners during DSC a few years back,
Rick (Hogbreath),
Jay (Bwanajay).

I've not met Lane (ledvm) yet but that's just a matter of time at this point.

All due to AR. There are many others but that's just from the folks who've posted on this thread at this point.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yep!

I am coming by and grabbing you from Runaway Bay to go test Elon’s equipment at my Dad’s ranch in Jacksboro in the near future.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
It’s been a while since my last post(10 years give or take) everything has been great, I just got distracted. I’m glad to be back! I’ll be around frequently again. Thanks to Saeed I have my original screen name from day 1.

The timing of this thread is an amazing coincidence as it relates to one of my favorite stories which happened in my life. I’ve told this story to many many people who aren’t part of the hunting community as it’s just a remarkable coincidence itself and this threads timing.

Chapter 1 “Saeed”

There’s a little background to this story I’ll briefly go over as it ties into the story.

My whole life my dream was to hunt in Africa from the first time I remember seeing a “Elephant Gun” at the San Francisco boat show in the early 70’s. I was born in 66.

Along comes the internet and very early on I discovered AR, wow! Other people with the same interests as me, how cool is that?

Fast forward a year (exact time is fuzzy as this is over 20 years ago) I saw Saeeds 577 T-Rex, I happened to own one as well. So I found this thing called “email” and sent my very first email to Saeed. I remember that vividly. I asked him “did I do this correctly?”. A few days later I got a response “I think so”. That’s where it all got started. I met Saeed, I had no idea where he lived, didn’t matter. He had a 577 T-Rex. Happy days!

So over the course of time I got to meet a couple other members of AR who did as well, AR was alive and well. I made lots of friends here. Learned a lot about hunting. I had to get to Africa!

I haven’t forgot about Roy & Rene I’ll get there!

Chapter 2 “The Gym”

While the above stuff in chapter one was happening I was also going to the gym in Venice Beach Ca and had a very close friend who I trained with on a regular basis. We had traveled to Israel together and were just good friends.

One morning he mentioned he had met a girl he liked and she would be joining us for breakfast after the morning workout. Happy days, meeting new people is always fun.

We get to breakfast and the 3 of us are chatting away about all sorts of topics. She mentioned she was from Zim. Bingo! Now I’m very keen on hearing what she had to say. In Los Angeles the topic of hunting has to be approached carefully(except I don’t because I’m not a PC kind of guy). So straight away I told her that I have been keen on hunting my whole life. “My family is in that business” was her reply. Sadly for my friend we ended up locking into a hunting conversation for the rest of breakfast.

It’s clear where this is going. But hold on it gets pretty cool.

A month or 2 goes by and one morning my friend asks me if I’d like to go to Zim for Christmas. Do fat kids like ice creme? Or something like that was my response. Christmas couldn’t get here fast enough. This was September I’d guess, year was 2000.

Chapter 3 Zimbabwe

So December comes along and I’m ready to go to Zim and was in good shape, bags packed. I sent Saeed a email. Back then I didn’t use email often as not many people used it and the internet was small and cameras were still film. I told Saeed I was going to Zim (I knew he hunted there) and I’d give him a report when I got back. He replied to my email asking me who I was hunting with. I didn’t have a clue, I only knew Diana’s name. And when I replied to Saeed I couldn’t recall her name at that moment.

We get to Bulawayo go to the house and there are the Vincent’s. Roy Rene and Alan. I was reasonably well travelled and felt right at home at their house. Plan was to go out to their concession for a week during Christmas. We spent a few days at their home in Bulawayo.

Here comes the cool part(remember this is 23 years ago before social media, digital photography and all the connectivity we have these days)

About the 3rd day we are there Roy was in his office and called me in. I hadn’t entered that room as I’m not a snooper. So I entered the office to speak with Roy. He had a big collection of trophy pics on the wall dating way back to current from his hunts over the years. And there in the middle of the cololage of pictures on the wall is a huge photograph of Saeed with a sable.

I had seen that pic here on AR, I asked Roy “do you know this guy” as I pointed to Saeeds picture. He responded “of course he’s out favorite client, he’s family we’ve know him 20 years-why do you ask?” I said “well I know him too, I met him a couple years ago on the internet”.

So here I am the American guy in Africa talking about a mutual friend from Dubai. These days that wouldn’t be a thing. But back then it was a remarkable circumstance.

Chapter 4 the return home

I get home, sent Saeed a email “you’ll never guess who I met”

So that’s how I met the Vincent’s who are to this day among the best people I know and love. I just saw them before Saeeds most recent hunt. I see them at Christmas some years in Los Angeles. I’ve known them for 23 years now and will for the rest of my life. My mom(rip) met them on 2 hunts. My wife Kelly was there during the first Zim trip I just wrote about.

I have many great hunting stories with them to share and some other stores that aren’t hunting related which I’ll write about here sometime.

I wrote this on my phone. I apologize it’s not edited very well, I still haven’t learned to spell, hope you enjoyed my story.

Great to be back

Eric

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
The term "Motley Crew" comes to mind, but I guess some rock band already uses that name :-)

They spell it Crue. LOL

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LV Eric:
It’s been a while since my last post(10 years give or take) everything has been great, I just got distracted. I’m glad to be back! I’ll be around frequently again. Thanks to Saeed I have my original screen name from day 1.

The timing of this thread is an amazing coincidence as it relates to one of my favorite stories which happened in my life. I’ve told this story to many many people who aren’t part of the hunting community as it’s just a remarkable coincidence itself and this threads timing.

Chapter 1 “Saeed”

There’s a little background to this story I’ll briefly go over as it ties into the story.

My whole life my dream was to hunt in Africa from the first time I remember seeing a “Elephant Gun” at the San Francisco boat show in the early 70’s. I was born in 66.

Along comes the internet and very early on I discovered AR, wow! Other people with the same interests as me, how cool is that?

Fast forward a year (exact time is fuzzy as this is over 20 years ago) I saw Saeeds 577 T-Rex, I happened to own one as well. So I found this thing called “email” and sent my very first email to Saeed. I remember that vividly. I asked him “did I do this correctly?”. A few days later I got a response “I think so”. That’s where it all got started. I met Saeed, I had no idea where he lived, didn’t matter. He had a 577 T-Rex. Happy days!

So over the course of time I got to meet a couple other members of AR who did as well, AR was alive and well. I made lots of friends here. Learned a lot about hunting. I had to get to Africa!

I haven’t forgot about Roy & Rene I’ll get there!

Chapter 2 “The Gym”

While the above stuff in chapter one was happening I was also going to the gym in Venice Beach Ca and had a very close friend who I trained with on a regular basis. We had traveled to Israel together and were just good friends.

One morning he mentioned he had met a girl he liked and she would be joining us for breakfast after the morning workout. Happy days, meeting new people is always fun.

We get to breakfast and the 3 of us are chatting away about all sorts of topics. She mentioned she was from Zim. Bingo! Now I’m very keen on hearing what she had to say. In Los Angeles the topic of hunting has to be approached carefully(except I don’t because I’m not a PC kind of guy). So straight away I told her that I have been keen on hunting my whole life. “My family is in that business” was her reply. Sadly for my friend we ended up locking into a hunting conversation for the rest of breakfast.

It’s clear where this is going. But hold on it gets pretty cool.

A month or 2 goes by and one morning my friend asks me if I’d like to go to Zim for Christmas. Do fat kids like ice creme? Or something like that was my response. Christmas couldn’t get here fast enough. This was September I’d guess, year was 2000.

Chapter 3 Zimbabwe

So December comes along and I’m ready to go to Zim and was in good shape, bags packed. I sent Saeed a email. Back then I didn’t use email often as not many people used it and the internet was small and cameras were still film. I told Saeed I was going to Zim (I knew he hunted there) and I’d give him a report when I got back. He replied to my email asking me who I was hunting with. I didn’t have a clue, I only knew Diana’s name. And when I replied to Saeed I couldn’t recall her name at that moment.

We get to Bulawayo go to the house and there are the Vincent’s. Roy Rene and Alan. I was reasonably well travelled and felt right at home at their house. Plan was to go out to their concession for a week during Christmas. We spent a few days at their home in Bulawayo.

Here comes the cool part(remember this is 23 years ago before social media, digital photography and all the connectivity we have these days)

About the 3rd day we are there Roy was in his office and called me in. I hadn’t entered that room as I’m not a snooper. So I entered the office to speak with Roy. He had a big collection of trophy pics on the wall dating way back to current from his hunts over the years. And there in the middle of the cololage of pictures on the wall is a huge photograph of Saeed with a sable.

I had seen that pic here on AR, I asked Roy “do you know this guy” as I pointed to Saeeds picture. He responded “of course he’s out favorite client, he’s family we’ve know him 20 years-why do you ask?” I said “well I know him too, I met him a couple years ago on the internet”.

So here I am the American guy in Africa talking about a mutual friend from Dubai. These days that wouldn’t be a thing. But back then it was a remarkable circumstance.

Chapter 4 the return home

I get home, sent Saeed a email “you’ll never guess who I met”

So that’s how I met the Vincent’s who are to this day among the best people I know and love. I just saw them before Saeeds most recent hunt. I see them at Christmas some years in Los Angeles. I’ve known them for 23 years now and will for the rest of my life. My mom(rip) met them on 2 hunts. My wife Kelly was there during the first Zim trip I just wrote about.

I have many great hunting stories with them to share and some other stores that aren’t hunting related which I’ll write about here sometime.

I wrote this on my phone. I apologize it’s not edited very well, I still haven’t learned to spell, hope you enjoyed my story.

Great to be back

Eric

So… You’re THAT Eric!

Alan told me about how many hunts you’ve done together after Diana made the introduction. Talk about a fortunate chance encounter! Sounds like the two of you have enjoyed some stellar DG hunts.

What I remember the most, of all their stories, was how much Roy enjoyed taking the Ferraris up the PCH! I think he enjoyed that more than any hunt.

Welcome back to AR!

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote