THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Couple of 100# tusks for sale on ebay, don't see that everyday

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple of 100# tusks for sale on ebay, don't see that everyday
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 193 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Those are just magnificent. And almost identical in weight. Good Kenya ivory would be my guess.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it quite amusing that the condition is described as "used". But then again how else would one describe them, as clearly new ivory must be exceedingly hard to find.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice the jaguar and walrus trophies? The guy had a great hunting career - in a bygone era.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
Anyone else notice the jaguar and walrus trophies? The guy had a great hunting career - in a bygone era.

And the rhino

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
WOW! he lived the dream...

the walrus was impressive.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Do you think the hunter died and his heirs are liquidating all of his prized possessions?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A local auction house recently had a pair of tusks that were 120 pounds and 86 pounds. They were offered at a $30K reserve and the high bid was $21K. They came from Kenya in the mid fifties. I presume the auction house will try to sell these again soon. That $30K figure seems to be about right. The bigger tusk was amazing, long and slender.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't that Seller just begging to go to jail?? Selling that bear rug is illegal in California and if he sells the jaguar across State lines it's a Federal beef. Dunno about the rhino and walrus...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10434 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I can pick them up for you if anyone buys them. My brother lives up that way.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
It's not listed anymore.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ever politically correct, ebay has seen fit to remove this item from its auctions.

Anybody save the info? What were the bids?

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Breith
posted Hide Post
under the second set of tusks

Item Specifics

Animal : Hedgehog

someone beat the system dancing

Posts: 36 | Location: Denmark - | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I Don't think it ever got a Bid, or wanted any.

It would take a while to list all the eBay rules that auction broke, but it probably got ended for soliciting offers outside eBay for all the additional animals. eBay stood to make nothing off those sales, which eBay doesn't like.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10434 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I would never buy another man's trophies.

Not sure what will happen to mine when I die.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13627 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
about 5-6 years ago i happened to see an ad in the local newspaper for an estate auction in a VERY small town about 50 miles away. the ad listed a lot of rifles and trophies of a local widower who had died and his "kids" didn't want his "stuff". drove up there just to look. items for auction included a full tiger, tiger rug, 2 full body lions and 1 rug, 1 elephant shoulder mount( ivory estimated at 80 lbs), 2 sets of tusks( 1 over 100 lbs), a black rhino shoulder and 1 other set of rhino horns, plus a bunch of other shoulder mounts. the gun collection was equally impressive. there were buyers there from all over the US. apparentlty this guy( a local general practioner) had spent a lot of time in Kenya and Tanganyika in the the late 40's and early 50's with outstanding results( not to mention India). didn't buy anything but just drooled a lot.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote