Tools

Lion hunter looses job
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am willing to bet that he will win a lawsuit.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry, why do you say that? I am not sure what state the company is in, but if it were in Florida, an "at Will" state, he has no leg to stand on. An "at will" state allows for termination for no cause!
Even if he were to sue and win, who would hire him?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damned sorry assed company imo.
Where they locating to?
And what brands do they sell?

I'll make sure not to buy any of it.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6008 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

And I hope he takes the bastards to the cleaners!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
This is wrong Mad
Norway, Denmark and Sweden are usually very hunting friendly countries. I tell everybody that I have shoot a lion and I still have my job.

Good Hunting
Carl Frederik

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
There is so much blame all around here that I am compelled to withhold comment, for fear of offending everyone on planet earth.

But I will say this. If you are on social media, here is my non-legal and by the way I am not your lawyer advice:

Get off!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
He also said this was not an example of trophy hunting. “We were down on a ranch and the lion charged us,”

Probably a bit of BS on that one too......just my opinion.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was I was thinking

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
What Michael Robinson said +1 !

And I did not even need to read the post.

God only knows how many problems people could avoid if they could only learn when,where, and with whom they should "not say anything at all".

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I still want to know what company names they sell fish under. None of my family will use their products and most of my friends won't either. If a lion charged me or a dog I would shoot it. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was obviously a caged lion that he shot. Note the bullet hole neatly on the forehead. I also note that the lion looks like he just got out of the beauty shop. Every lion I've shot looked quite verminous. This one has no cuts, scrapes, scars, etc.

I know someone shouldn't lose his job over participating in a canned hunt but it does reduce my sympathy for him.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
The project he was hired for is in far northwestern California, the pot growing epicenter of the state. Doubt the locals would care, they are too stoned.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope so.

I've said it several times before. The only way this shit stops is for us to find a way to hold these shit stirrers financially accountable for fucking around with peoples' livelihood in response to participating in the legal activity of hunting.

How that comes about I don't know. In this case, maybe the company firing him. Somehow, the social justice warriors need to pay the price in order to stop it. Again, I don't know how to accomplish that or if it's even possible given the international nature of social media.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

I hope so.

I've said it several times before. The only way this shit stops is for us to find a way to hold these shit stirrers financially accountable for fucking around with peoples' livelihood in response to participating in the legal activity of hunting.

How that comes about I don't know. In this case, maybe the company firing him. Somehow, the social justice warriors need to pay the price in order to stop it. Again, I don't know how to accomplish that or if it's even possible given the international nature of social media.

About as likely as everyone giving up processed food.

The train has left the station on winning the social media war against anti trophy hunting crowd.

I still post hunting pictures on Facebook. I will stop that when Facebook stops allowing it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t pretend to know the laws in Norway, however, as an executive level position in most any large US company, you are held to a different standard when it comes to preserving and protecting the corporate identity. If you post, print, or say anything that disparages the corporate image or is considered a violation thereof, one can be fired without recourse.

And it doesn’t matter is the post was yesterday or a decade ago, if it is perceived to damage the corporate mission/image then it’s seeyabyebye. The only thing more permanent than herpes is what you do on social media.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On balance, social media is far more destructive than constructive. People whining and criticizing others over any imagined slight. They post vitriol that they would NEVER say to people when talking face to face. Snowflakes!

I do not participate in social media, having determined long ago that it is a wasteland and a waste of my time.

A couple years ago a director of the California Fish and Game commission was fired after someone posted a photo of him with a mountain lion he had taken in a legal, fair-chase hunt in Idaho. He was heavily criticized on social media and unjustly.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When applying for a new job these days, the first thing HR does is search the applicant's social media footprint. Tells them more than an interview ever will.

Probably a good idea to check your doctor, minister, plumber, lawyer, financial advisor, date, etc social media footprint as well. Can tell you a lot about the person you're about to encounter.

Why people like to share all their personal information is beyond me. Sad fact is, once it's out there, there ain't no taking it back. Social media does nothing good any only opens one up to all sorts of nefarious intent. You might as well sleep with your front door open at night.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
The mental children of the left have a religious belief that if you do something against their ever changing canon of theology, you will be punished. Don’t look for logic or reason, you are dealing with adults who have chosen to take childish humanistic feelings over anything else. Social media has created many new “Spanish Inquisitions” scaring would be rational thinkers to cater to their dog shit dogma.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27607 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alec Torres:
On balance, social media is far more destructive than constructive. People whining and criticizing others over any imagined slight. They post vitriol that they would NEVER say to people when talking face to face. Snowflakes!

I do not participate in social media, having determined long ago that it is a wasteland and a waste of my time.

A couple years ago a director of the California Fish and Game commission was fired after someone posted a photo of him with a mountain lion he had taken in a legal, fair-chase hunt in Idaho. He was heavily criticized on social media and unjustly.

Nor do I. But, participation here, and on other various and sundry forums is participating in social media.

An example : https://www.24hourcampfire.com...itters-thread#UNREAD

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Boomie stop sugar coating it for us. We can take it. Be Well, Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
quote:
Originally posted by Alec Torres:

Nor do I. But, participation here, and on other various and sundry forums is participating in social media.IMO
An example : https://www.24hourcampfire.com...itters-thread#UNREAD

Forums on the web are not the same as 'social media' - - which include Facebook, Instagram, Twittter, etc. Most forums allow us to use a unique 'nom de net'so you can have multiple personalities on different forums, can be retrospectively edited, and have limited audiences. What additional info you share is up to you.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kinda think they're the same thing only different. Anyone in the world can log into pretty much any website/forum as a "guest" and peruse . AFAIC, nothing on the interweb is private.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
I kinda think they're the same thing only different. Anyone in the world can log into pretty much any website/forum as a "guest" and peruse . AFAIC, nothing on the interweb is private.

Anyone can, but 99% don’t. It’s the dynamic, push-notification social media that is doing the work here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The vast majority of it, I'm sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. Classic detrimental reliance case.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
When applying for a new job these days, the first thing HR does is search the applicant's social media footprint. Tells them more than an interview ever will.

Probably a good idea to check your doctor, minister, plumber, lawyer, financial advisor, date, etc social media footprint as well. Can tell you a lot about the person you're about to encounter.

Why people like to share all their personal information is beyond me. Sad fact is, once it's out there, there ain't no taking it back. Social media does nothing good any only opens one up to all sorts of nefarious intent. You might as well sleep with your front door open at night.

In most cases you cannot read their musings unless they take your friend request or, you are too dumb and have a public profile open to anyone.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He just lost one heck of a good paying job. The only way to stop this nonsense is to fight these liberals at their own game......sue them!

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell Mad

One of the owners of this shitty aquafarm is a guy who designs and owns a piece of Koenigsegg and Hydrolift boats here in Norway. I will send him an email and ask him not to piss on our flag. We are Hunters

Posts: 193 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

In most cases you cannot read their musings unless they take your friend request or, you are too dumb and have a public profile open to anyone.

Ann, most Snowflakes don't use Facebook anymore; that's for old people. Most of them are all over Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, TicTok and a bazillion forums. All are very public and all are for everyone to see - as if anyone really cares...