THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Return clients- should they be treated this way?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Return clients- should they be treated this way?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't care if they do does fix it. I would NEVER book with them.

NEVER.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:

NEVER.

Jeff

Same here

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Looks that the loss to Sango will turn out to be a lot be more than 17.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Deleted. I am told they are going to work on it.

I missed the original post, but I got the gist of it from following posts. Personally, I would never use someone who did this to me. There are too many places to hunt, both in Zim, and worldwide with honorable people to give them another shot at screwing you over.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad they are trying to work it out, Larry.

I can see where if there are communication issues (and there are in Zim) that they might have thought you were not "in" and would take a different booking, but they should have been more proactive in trying to fix it once it became obvious that an error was made.

I also suspect if you did not have so many friends and folks who know you in Zim that you might well have been told tough luck, and the potential public black eye here would not help them either.

Posts: 10988 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

NEVER.

Jeff

You know Jeff, there is a reason we are friends.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am out as well. I had planned a booking there for 2018. There are very good options right next door to this camp.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was in the Hammond this year my PH mentioned Sango as a possible return trip. Not now.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 488 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jan Dumon:
quote:
Originally posted by TGDjr:
Well, I see both sides of this. A group of 17 is hard to pass up, in an industry that claims thin margins. And, as much as we make these "leave as friends" relationships, these are business dealings, and it is bad to mix business with friends usually.

Its not hard to pass up the group. You do the right thing. Period. Regardless who the client is. If you don't , then what you're saying is " I'm for sale , my word is no good "

Exactly!!!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is low rent and there will be far reaching reprecussions from this.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry.. what animals are you wanting to hunt on this trip?

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buff and PG. I had also inquired about their elephant.

The biggest thing was to take my wife to a place with an incredibly nice lodge, tons of game and go at a time of the year when it would not be too hot. This lodge is second to none.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
quote:

NEVER.

Jeff

Same here

+1 more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
quote:

NEVER.

Jeff

Same here

+1 more!

While I only want this to work out the way Larry wants - I had looked here before if we decided to go back and hunt in Zim. Just for the nice surroundings.

But I am pretty sure I didn't save it and I won't be looking at in the future either.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buff and PG. I had also inquired about their elephant.

The biggest thing was to take my wife to a place with an incredibly nice lodge, tons of game and go at a time of the year when it would not be too hot. This lodge is second to none.

Run by idiots who should never be patronized!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is surprising.

I've hunted Sango 5 times and had great experiences every time

I know Larry a little. I know the Sango people and the outfit who runs the hunts.

All of the parties are good people from what I can tell and I bet this gets resolved to Larry's satisfaction so condemning them before it runs its course seems a little premature.

Just my .02.

If Larry gets bumped or can't figure out a workable solution then flame away but it seems as if some miscommunication may be involved as well.

Hope it works out, Larry, you have definitely been a great customer in the past.

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishN4Eyes:
Wow, this is surprising.

I know Larry a little. I know the Sango people and the outfit who runs the hunts.

All of the parties are good people from what I can tell and I bet this gets resolved to Larry's satisfaction so condemning them before it runs its course seems a little premature.

Just my .02.

If Larry gets bumped or can't figure out a workable solution then flame away but it seems as if some miscommunication may be involved as well.

Hope it works out, Larry, you have definitely been a great customer in the past.

Actually, no one condemn them.

THEY did it themselves, by their utterly unacceptable behavior.

You have hunted there and had a good experience is great.

They should have kept that track record, instead of trying to screw a paying client just because someone wants the same time slot and is paying more.

I have my own black list of companies NEVER to deal with, and this is a perfect example to add them to it.

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Just from a business aspect it is totally unethical. If they had contacted Larry and explained a possible conflict and ASKED him if it was alright to reschedule then worked agreeably from there it would have been a very different case. That would have been the considerate and ethical thing to do and Larry might have been able and willing to work something out with them. Instead, it sounds like they just threw him under the bus.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Wow, this is surprising.

Just my .02.

They should have kept that track record, instead of trying to screw a paying client just because someone wants the same time slot and is paying more.

I have my own black list of companies NEVER to deal with, and this is a perfect example to add them to it.

All I'm saying is there may be some misinformation involved.

If Larry gets bumped for a bigger group that is BS.

But I don't think the verdict is in yet so I think it's prudent to see where this ends up before hailing the firing squad.

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wow, this is surprising.

Just my .02.

But I don't think the verdict is in yet so I think it's prudent to see where this ends up before hailing the firing squad.

Your statement is well balanced and debate is all about voicing your personal opinions.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wow, this is surprising.

Just my .02.

Your statement is well balanced and debate is all about voicing your personal opinions.

Exactly.

And our opinions and future actions are based on what we see and hear.

And so far we have not heard anything positive from them.

"They are working on it" means absolutely nothing.

Raising it in the first instance was a terrible mistake.

There is nothing to stop them telling exactly why they did this to Larry.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Unlike many, or so it seems, I did not see Larry's initial post before he deleted it.

I trust that, since Larry has made this public, he will let us know how all of this works out.

Until then, I will not shoot, but only keep my powder dry.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

I will make the end result public, probably sooner rather than later. At this point, I have not received a response to my e mails. Granted, one of those e mails was just sent last night our time.

At this point, we are pursuing a hunt in the BVC.

I can't go before this large group. I sure do not want to go after it. Frankly, Shootaway brings up a good point about the reception we might receive there. He is right.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen:

I will make the end result public, probably sooner rather than later. At this point, I have not received a response to my e mails. Granted, one of those e mails was just sent last night out time.

I can't go before this large group. I sure do not want to go after it. Frankly, Shootaway brings up a good point about the reception we might receive there. He is right.

I think Brent Hein runs BVC.If so,although I have not hunted with him I did meet him at SCI and he seems an OK guy.
I may not have been on that many hunts but it sure is nice when there are smiling faces around during precious times or a much valued hunt.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right you are George.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen:

I will make the end result public, probably sooner rather than later. At this point, I have not received a response to my e mails. Granted, one of those e mails was just sent last night our time.

If they had any business ethics, this would never have been made public in the first place.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greed.

Plain and simple.

Short term money grab versus long term devastating consequences.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The GMs response to me REALLY pissed me off. His words may come back to bite him shortly.

I want to make one thing 100% clear. Jonny Hulme & Theirry Labat do some Sango hunts. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The owner just called. He was not happy. Things are moving.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are being upgraded to second class?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me say that I am much happier after the conversation than I was before. A long post had been prepared. I will hold off now .

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
The BVC is an absolutely wonderful place. tu2 You could not go wrong spending your safari there, with any of the PHs that hunt it, including but not limited to Shawn Buffee, Martin Nel, John Sharp, Brent Hein, Mark Bristow and Peter Ficke, among others. tu2

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Thing like internet and AR
Keeps businesses in line some
One thing about doing business, be upfront and transparent and if there is screwup, then own up to it. Shit happens, but when business stalls, well, they have to live with it...
Prime examples are taxidermy businesses in Africa, many of them don't seem to like to give out price lists until they have your trophies in hand
That should be absolute must for outfitters and agents alike, no excuses
I wonder why is that...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

With all due respect, screw him.

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
The BVC is an absolutely wonderful place. tu2 You could not go wrong spending your safari there, with any of the PHs that hunt it, including but not limited to Shawn Buffee, Martin Nel, John Sharp, Brent Hein, and Peter Ficke, among others. tu2

A big +1 to that to Larry about BVC and I would add Nigel Theisen to the list of PHs for BVC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
The BVC is an absolutely wonderful place. tu2 You could not go wrong spending your safari there, with any of the PHs that hunt it, including but not limited to Shawn Buffee, Martin Nel, John Sharp, Brent Hein, and Peter Ficke, among others. tu2

A big +1 to that to Larry about BVC and I would add Nigel Theisen to the list of PHs for BVC.

+1 to that. Nigel's a first rate chap. I spent some time with him on a hunt in Maswa , Tanzania

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I hope that it works out for you!.
From what a number of PH'S have told me , the lodge at Sango is head and shoulders better than anything else in Zim.
The ideal place to share an African experience with a wife/family.

Hunting wise I'm sure the BVC is comparable, but lodgings are probably more important when wanting to take the better half when they arn't really into hunting.

I myself was looking at this very same scenario to take my wife and young children to introduce them to Africa and hunting.

Keep us posted Larry, AND GOOD LUCK.

Cheers

Nick

PS This is the lodge owned by Willy Papp the German shipping guy?

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickh:
Larry,

I hope that it works out for you!.
From what a number of PH'S have told me , the lodge at Sango is head and shoulders better than anything else in Zim.
The ideal place to share an African experience with a wife/family.

Hunting wise I'm sure the BVC is comparable, but lodgings are probably more important when wanting to take the better half when they arn't really into hunting.

I myself was looking at this very same scenario to take my wife and young children to introduce them to Africa and hunting.

Keep us posted Larry, AND GOOD LUCK.

Cheers

Nick

PS This is the lodge owned by Willy Papp the German shipping guy?

Actually his last name is Pabst but yes, that is him.

Willy knew nothing of this until today. I am going to give him the opportunity. I think that is reasonable. I sometimes find out one of my employees has done something that I did not know about.

I am still not happy but happier than I was this morning. I drafted a long post complete with e mails that I was going to post at 5 PM today. The post and related documentation paint a really clear picture of what happened. These are others people words, not mine. I am going to wait.

I do know one thing. I think nothing would have happened were it nor for this thread on AR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, please continue to keep us informed. I am sure there are many (like myself) that have(had?) Sango on our list of "possibles" but want to avoid a nightmare like you have (almost) had at all costs. I, for one, are grateful that you brought this to all of our attention on AR and also admire the class act way you are handling everything.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 488 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote