THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    FROM GARRY KELLY TODAY ON THE RSA LAND ISSUE
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FROM GARRY KELLY TODAY ON THE RSA LAND ISSUE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Since 1993 I have been to South Africa over 75 times. Not once was I murdered. So...

There's always the next time - don't tempt fate. Wink

Posts: 2030 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I only go back for funerals now...

One already this year.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of BulletBehavior
posted Hide Post
And so life goes on and unsubstantiated emotional ranting ends because the very large majority - nay, the vast majority - that hunt South Africa's plentiful and cheap game come again and again and tell their friends and actual word of mouth allows us to meet and greet more and more of the good, conservative people out of the USA and lasting friendships are made.

The exceptional PH is that one who uses his exceptional knowledge and experience to prevent situations where he needs to display his exceptional shooting skill to save your life.

Posts: 20 | Location: 80 Km north west of Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2018Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BulletBehavior:
And so life goes on and unsubstantiated emotional ranting ends because the very large majority - nay, the vast majority - that hunt South Africa's plentiful and cheap game come again and again and tell their friends and actual word of mouth allows us to meet and greet more and more of the good, conservative people out of the USA and lasting friendships are made.

You still have not told us how you manage to offer 40% discount without cutting corners!

Can you list your prices, and let us compare them with what others are offering.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wait till dad finds out what Jr has been doing.

shame

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Amazing forum... I am dad by the way.

And our outfitter business only responds to bona fide hunters enquiring about real hunting with us.

"Explain" our business model? Explain what to who? To unknown trolls on a chat forum? One with the elegance and good manners as this one? Amazing.

Shortcuts? What "shortcuts"? Do you at all know ANYTHING about the commercial hunting industry in South Africa?

Seems we shall just go on and entertain real requests from real hunters regarding prices for a real hunt, thank you.

The exceptional PH is that one who uses his exceptional knowledge and experience to prevent situations where he needs to display his exceptional shooting skill to save your life.

Posts: 20 | Location: 80 Km north west of Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2018Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

You still have not told us how you manage to offer 40% discount without cutting corners!

Can you list your prices, and let us compare them with what others are offering.

Discounts? Please read my posts. We do not offer discounts. If we are 40% cheaper than the industry average on 90% of hunted game that is not a discount in terms of the Queen's English. And whyever should I explain my outfitter's business model? Read my posts properly and see that I talk about ethics and returning hunters and growth. Also we do not fleece our hunters just because they are Americans - which happens, by the way.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ahhh... but my outfitter business model is not based on "belief". It is based on ethics, customer satisfaction, return business and growth rate. That is why I can offer hunts at 40% below the industry average for 90% of representative animals.

Life goes on and it is good to be alive and living in Africa - to carry my firearms wherever I want to carry them for legal purposes, to not be in fear of a gun grab, to see my grand children happy at school with no fear of weekly mass murder attacks, to hunt game that does not belong to or being managed by big brother but which belong to land owners on whose property it resides at any time; game numbers which are managed by our hunting organisations which were set up by professional hunters themselves. To enjoy wild nature because hunting is such a minute part of our outdoor activities even though it is satisfyingly good for the numbers of game and the finances of the industry.

This very forum has a section which is dedicated to reports by hunters that had been to South Africa - that section is a pleasure to read, by the way. Add to that the 20x higher numbers of tourists as hunters who come here for the sizzle of the steak and return on a yearly basis, many for having made friends with my folk at the rest camps in the game reserves and get invited for personal visits.

The moderator-belittling is noted. Is it the mission of this forum to dissuade hunters to come to South Africa? Maybe it should be stated as a sticky that the moderator is biased and not moderate.

You posted the above!

Doesn’t that mean 40% discount??

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ran across this post on the Texas Hunting Forum, and I found it very interesting, and sad at the same time. What is interesting is the varying perceptions of SA by it's very own people.

http://texashuntingforum.com/f...tion_of_#Post7131921

Guys if this post is not allowed please excuse me and remove it. I am new to the forum.

Myself and my wife are looking for a position of management couple on a hunting ranch in Texas. We are from South Africa and thus not US citizens. We understand that immigration is a hot political topic in the USA currently but due to a very uncertain political future for white Europeans here in our homeland of South Africa we are looking for a new start and a future for our 2 small children. Our Marxist leaning government has recently passed a motion that will allow them to change the constitution and allow them to confiscate all white owned property without compensation. This along with a terrible crime rate and over 4000 white commercial farmers having been murdered over the past 10 years, have moved us to try and find gainful employment in the USA.

I am a qualified and licensed professional hunter and have experience in hunting Lion and Buffalo. I have years of hunting experience and have guided clients successfully on hunts of most species of antelope that are found in Southern Africa. I have many varied skills, I am hard working and a good communicator. I have also owned my own guest lodges and owner built 2 houses and have renovated many houses over the past 20 years. I have 20 years’ experience in dealing with tourists as a host, guide and booking agent. I have a university degree as well as many diversified skills. Having grown up on a farm and currently living on one I can easily adapt to various different tasks needed in the day to day running of a ranch or hunting property .

Here is the link to my website; http://www.genesisafricansafaris.com/

A link to some of my hunting videos; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmAAAhDarJw&t=25s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY0cgjlHjVo

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ahhh... but my outfitter business model is not based on "belief". It is based on ethics, customer satisfaction, return business and growth rate. That is why I can offer hunts at 40% below the industry average for 90% of representative animals.

Life goes on and it is good to be alive and living in Africa - to carry my firearms wherever I want to carry them for legal purposes, to not be in fear of a gun grab, to see my grand children happy at school with no fear of weekly mass murder attacks, to hunt game that does not belong to or being managed by big brother but which belong to land owners on whose property it resides at any time; game numbers which are managed by our hunting organisations which were set up by professional hunters themselves. To enjoy wild nature because hunting is such a minute part of our outdoor activities even though it is satisfyingly good for the numbers of game and the finances of the industry.

This very forum has a section which is dedicated to reports by hunters that had been to South Africa - that section is a pleasure to read, by the way. Add to that the 20x higher numbers of tourists as hunters who come here for the sizzle of the steak and return on a yearly basis, many for having made friends with my folk at the rest camps in the game reserves and get invited for personal visits.

The moderator-belittling is noted. Is it the mission of this forum to dissuade hunters to come to South Africa? Maybe it should be stated as a sticky that the moderator is biased and not moderate.

You posted the above!

No it does not mean a 40% discount. English lesson:

Mattress outlet advertises mattresses at $1000. They do not sell. Then he advertises the same mattresses at the discounted price of $600. That is a discount.

There is an industry average price for Rowland Ward kudu in South Africa.

On the 400,000 acres we have a concession on the owner charges us a certain price for RW kudu and we pass some of that on to the client. That is my business model and has nothing to do with a discount as I am happy to live with that income. Our real hunters look at the industry average and then he sees mine is 40% less. Nothing at all to do with a discount. You of course are a free man as I am and you can elect to pay the higher cost if you wish to. A 54 inch kudu is still a 54" kudu.

Just read the post properly. All our hunters who come here do that when they ask for firm prices of the hunting packages. We offer one fixed package price and NO surprises for the client.

I do not think these questions are from bona fide clients because we are used to a more professional approach when receiving requests for costs of hunting packages and prefer to deal with real hunters.

posted Hide Post
Originally posted by JGRaider:

I ran across this post on the Texas Hunting Forum, and I found it very interesting, and sad at the same time. What is interesting is the varying perceptions of SA by it's very own people.

From polls It seems about 150 million people in the USA have a different view of the USA than the other 150 million. Seems that American gun owners and politicians have a different view of the American Constitution's first two Amendments - to the effect that there is talk of a second
Civil War? Some say it has already started.

Seems like American hunters have different views on the relative abilities on game of the 30-06 and .308W?

So it is not strange that different folks will have different financial positions and view the reasons for that differently. Heck, there seems to be a never ending, almost daily changing view by the same individual why she had not become the president of the USA, and which causes a repeated crying in the rain again by people in the streets who have a different view of America than those rich fat and happy folks in their safe spaces who have become rich by selling legal marijuana.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good day to you Larry,

Sorry to learn of your unpleasant experience. When did this very uncommon occurrence happen to you at Johannesburg Airport?

We accept many hunters from all over the world and see many others passing through. I have yet to experience a gun customs process that will take longer than 10 minutes where the outfitter had done his work properly.

Bribes? I have never heard of it at Johannesburg. Every Delta Airlines flight every day carries on average 12 US hunters and I have yet to see any of the issues you mention.

There was a time when the US form 4457 had a lapsed validity date on it and I would like to see the customs bureaucrat anywhere in the world who will accept an official document from another bureaucratic institution which clearly states that it is not valid anymore... Smiler On your next hunt do insist that you are issued a valid 4457 for declaration of assets ownership.

I don't know how common the experience is but I have hunted twice in RSA and transferred through Jo'burg twice to other African countries for hunting trips.

I have been asked by the RSA police for cash on every trip (Lunch money, something for my grandmother, etc.). I have been asked for cash by the policeman who tells me that he is the one that insures that my gun gets loaded on the next flight. When checking into the domestic desk for transfers I've been told that I have to pay a $50 fee for the rifle, that mysteriously shows up as paid when I ask for their supervisor. Every trip through OR Tambo, I have been approached for bribes by the police and attempted shakedowns for extra cash by airport/airline employees.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
The very first post on this thread by Mark was factual, well written and true. From what follows, it's quite evident that AR and the hunting industry is sharply on the decline. Not a good look at the hunting industry and the members of this forum

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 403 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You posted the above!

No it does not mean a 40% discount. English lesson:

Mattress outlet advertises mattresses at $1000. They do not sell. Then he advertises the same mattresses at the discounted price of $600. That is a discount.

On the 400,000 acres we have a concession on the owner charges us a certain price for RW kudu and we pass some of that on to the client. That is my business model and has nothing to do with a discount as I am happy to live with that income. Our real hunters look at the industry average and then he sees mine is 40% less. Nothing at all to do with a discount. You of course are a free man as I am and you can elect to pay the higher cost if you wish to. A 54 inch kudu is still a 54" kudu.

Just read the post properly. All our hunters who come here do that when they ask for firm prices of the hunting packages. We offer one fixed package price and NO surprises for the client.

I do not think these questions are from bona fide clients because we are used to a more professional approach when receiving requests for costs of hunting packages and prefer to deal with real hunters.

You saying that you offer hunts at 40% below market price is not a discount?

OK, humor us, post your prices so we can compare them with other outfitters.

Unless, of course, you are selling mattress instead of hunts!

You have already been proven totally wrong about your statement that bribes do not exists at Joberg airport.

Try to prove us wrong by posting your prices that are 40% cheaper than normal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bullet,

Here's a suggestions. I assume that selling hunts was your long term intention when you joined AR so offer up a couple of hunts on the Outfitter-Offered and Discounted Hunts forum using Saeed's format. That's what the rest of us do that have a commercial interest here on AR and see what kind of reaction you get. I assure you if your prices are far below the average and you are offering a quality experience that you will get inquiries. I also assure you that if you do not you'll never have any credibility here.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Good day to you Larry,

Sorry to learn of your unpleasant experience. When did this very uncommon occurrence happen to you at Johannesburg Airport?

We accept many hunters from all over the world and see many others passing through. I have yet to experience a gun customs process that will take longer than 10 minutes where the outfitter had done his work properly.

Bribes? I have never heard of it at Johannesburg. Every Delta Airlines flight every day carries on average 12 US hunters and I have yet to see any of the issues you mention.

There was a time when the US form 4457 had a lapsed validity date on it and I would like to see the customs bureaucrat anywhere in the world who will accept an official document from another bureaucratic institution which clearly states that it is not valid anymore... Smiler On your next hunt do insist that you are issued a valid 4457 for declaration of assets ownership.

I don't know how common the experience is but I have hunted twice in RSA and transferred through Jo'burg twice to other African countries for hunting trips.

I have been asked by the RSA police for cash on every trip (Lunch money, something for my grandmother, etc.). I have been asked for cash by the policeman who tells me that he is the one that insures that my gun gets loaded on the next flight. When checking into the domestic desk for transfers I've been told that I have to pay a $50 fee for the rifle, that mysteriously shows up as paid when I ask for their supervisor. Every trip through OR Tambo, I have been approached for bribes by the police and attempted shakedowns for extra cash by airport/airline employees.

Frank,
You express not the exception,
but rather the minimum STANDARD of harassing activities
that most here have experienced REGULARLY at O R Tambo (and beyond its boundary in Jo'berg)

Mr. Vrey (and his universally happy traveling clients) must obviously course through an O R Tambo in an alternate dimension/universe than the rest of us.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Mr. Bullet,

Here's a suggestions. I assume that selling hunts was your long term intention when you joined AR so offer up a couple of hunts on the Outfitter-Offered and Discounted Hunts forum using Saeed's format. That's what the rest of us do that have a commercial interest here on AR and see what kind of reaction you get. I assure you if your prices are far below the average and you are offering a quality experience that you will get inquiries. I also assure you that if you do not you'll never have any credibility here.

Mark

His credibility has gone the same way honesty and efficiency in Johannesburg air has done clap

Notice how he is skirting the issue of answering my question about his discount?

Actually, I would never even consider dealing with an outfitter who publicly state that there are no problems at Joberg airport.

If he lies about something I actually know about, how the hell can I trust him?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bullet Behavior

Just out of interest in your concession. I see you are in the Bela Bela area (90km NW of Pretoria). The property is 400,000 acres, about 200k hectare... is that Dinokeng or another concession. Or is it up at Kruger? Or NW province?

One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
Corruption at Johannesburg Airport has been a problem for a long time. Any outfitter telling you that it doesn't happen is flat out lying. No way they don't know about it. Normally the bribe hint is underhanded - "it's my birthday, what are you going to give me" seems to be a favourite one. I seldom gets hunters bringing their rifles (without the use of an agent) that haven't been approached for a bribe at least once. It's really frustrating for everyone in the hunting and tourism industry as all the work we've done in welcoming foreign visitors is undone right there at the first entry. Please know however that if your paperwork is correct, no one will be able to force a bribe out of you. It's not that corrupt that they'll take it to that next level. I understand however that it can be nerve wracking entering a foreign country for the first time and most will just pay up.

It's a terrible first look at South Africa, there's no hiding behind that. I visited Egypt 15 years ago and the corruption at the airport was unbelievable. I remember hoping the same wouldn't happen in SA.

Here's some stats of revenue coming into South Africa from foreign hunting alone, collected by DEAET directly from PH Registers. Stats are from 2013 to 2016.

2013 - R737 206 441 (737 million)
2014 - R1 003 770 373 (1003 million)
2015 - R1 197 044 191 (1197 million)
2016 - R1 789 899 918 (1789 million)

The revenue from foreign hunting outstrips that from foreign tourists visiting South Africa. Against conventional wisdom, hunting revenue increased in this period (2013-2016). Imagine what it could have been if the corruption at OR Tambo could be eradicated...

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 403 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When that happens look them squarely in the eye and speak Spanish.

Works every time.

Hasta la vista la puta. wave

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any outfitter telling you that it doesn't happen is flat out lying.

Stop telling lies!

According to BelletBehavior, Johannesburg is the epitome of efficiency and honesty in dealing with clients rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys It is sad to read all these stories about my country, I almost get the idea there are people here getting enjoyment out of it, the bottom line is we life in AFRICA!!!! AND THAT will never change we have ups we have downs but we have nowhere else to go!!!!! I am fortunate enough to hunt 4 to 6 different countries in Africa every year depending on the country I always try and make use of a service, in RSA I use Africa sky in 7 years I still have to have my firsts client complaining about the process with a meet and greed service... I arrange a VIP meet greed for my clients of the plane have somebody do there gun paper work and never once have one of my clients spend more that 30 minutes waiting in that 'office' and this is not A April fools joke. Fairgame last year I did a couple of hunts in Luawata with Deriek van Staden Great area!! we had to travel thru Mfuwe it never took us less than A HOUR and 30 min to get guns sorted there... we almost one day could not charter out it got to late the plane had to stay over in camp that night... We had to go 1 by 1 to that little back office thru that fence had the door closed behind us and papers filled out the guy doing it took his time never once paid the same amount for what ever tax they wanted, on the last trip we just we thru!! so bottom line is this is AFRICA!!!

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INTREPID SAFARIS:
Guys It is sad to read all these stories about my country, I almost get the idea there are people here getting enjoyment out of it, the bottom line is we life in AFRICA!!!! AND THAT will never change we have ups we have downs but we have nowhere else to go!!!!! I am fortunate enough to hunt 4 to 6 different countries in Africa every year depending on the country I always try and make use of a service, in RSA I use Africa sky in 7 years I still have to have my firsts client complaining about the process with a meet and greed service... I arrange a VIP meet greed for my clients of the plane have somebody do there gun paper work and never once have one of my clients spend more that 30 minutes waiting in that 'office' and this is not A April fools joke. Fairgame last year I did a couple of hunts in Luawata with Deriek van Staden Great area!! we had to travel thru Mfuwe it never took us less than A HOUR and 30 min to get guns sorted there... we almost one day could not charter out it got to late the plane had to stay over in camp that night... We had to go 1 by 1 to that little back office thru that fence had the door closed behind us and papers filled out the guy doing it took his time never once paid the same amount for what ever tax they wanted, on the last trip we just we thru!! so bottom line is this is AFRICA!!!

So, reading in between the lines one can only save their asses if they use "Meet & Greet" services; those who don't are in for a shafting!

Something also tells me that the fees for the "Meet & Greet", which secures "safe passage" must obviously include a percentage that ends up in those very same pockets at the airport. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys I don't know Bullet Behavior, I just know what I have experienced many times.

1. OR Tambo is ripe with corruption - I've been "juiced" for tips there many times. A client of mine once had $4,000 cash stolen from him in the airport as well.

2. I've experienced corruption / bribes / tips all throughout Africa, its not limited to Joberg of course - but to say it does not happen there is silly.

3. Africa as a whole is suffering, its a shame - but also a fact. Nixon Dzingai told me himself - the worst thing Africa has ever done is putting "our" people in control of countries.

4. Coyotes in Colorado are not "now" hunting in packs because of a lack of wolf presence - they like wolves are often times pack animals BB. They've been hunting like that since the beginning of time - and NO we don't need wolves in CO. Although a couple have already been killed here in northern Colorado over the past few yrs.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Guys I don't know Bullet Behavior, I just know what I have experienced many times.

1. OR Tambo is ripe with corruption - I've been "juiced" for tips there many times. A client of mine once had $4,000 cash stolen from him in the airport as well.

2. I've experienced corruption / bribes / tips all throughout Africa, its not limited to Joberg of course - but to say it does not happen there is silly.

3. Africa as a whole is suffering, its a shame - but also a fact. Nixon Dzingai told me himself - the worst thing Africa has ever done is putting "our" people in control of countries.

4. Coyotes in Colorado are not "now" hunting in packs because of a lack of wolf presence - they like wolves are often times pack animals BB. They've been hunting like that since the beginning of time - and NO we don't need wolves in CO. Although a couple have already been killed here in northern Colorado over the past few yrs.

I thought BB's comments on coyotes was funny,...."now hunting in packs". What an idiot!!! He obviously thinks coyotes are the same as jackals.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I wonder what happened to BulletBehavior?

He is not answering questions.

I suspect he far too busy dealing with clients taking advantage of his 40% discount. clap

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
When that happens look them squarely in the eye and speak Spanish.

Works every time.

Hasta la vista la puta. wave

I used this one time with a panhandler here in Dallas who was definitely Caucasian looking and it’s very rare to have Hispanics panhandling, as they are not afraid to work. However, this guy responded in machine gun Spanish. I was impressed and gave in.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi Phillip,

You can hardly compare an airstrip in the Luangwa to OR Tambo but I hear you. The thread is a response to a new member who claims that arrival into RSA is a breeze which maybe such if you utilise a responsible meet & greet service. Note on all airlines that our visiting hunters utilise the theft of luggage is restricted to SAA. Otherwise once they get through those gates you have a wonderful country to explore. Cheers.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame you are 100% correct its not the same, my point was we live in Africa and I use that service in most cases I pay it my self for the clients, but according to MR FULVIO that now is part of the "problem" and that a percentage buys a safe passage what a bloody insult to guys doing it right and taking care of their clients!!!!. In Cameroon it never takes me less than 2 hours to get my guns, in LUSAKA at the airport you pay 4$ tax per bullet they then take a box of 20 counts it one by one take the next box of 20 and once again count it one by one! my point is we live in Africa, Good luck with your season my friend I will be in your neck of the woods a couple times this year.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fairgame you are 100% correct its not the same, my point was we live in Africa and I use that service in most cases I pay it my self for the clients, but according to MR FULVIO that now is part of the "problem" and that a percentage buys a safe passage what a bloody insult to guys doing it right and taking care of their clients!!!!. In Cameroon it never takes me less than 2 hours to get my guns, in LUSAKA at the airport you pay 4$ tax per bullet they then take a box of 20 counts it one by one take the next box of 20 and once again count it one by one! my point is we live in Africa, Good luck with your season my friend I will be in your neck of the woods a couple times this year.

Then we must meet for a beer.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why are you comparing yourselves to countries that are worse?

It has never, ever taken me more than a few minutes to get my guns through Dar.

And I have never, ever been asked for a bribe.

No meet and greet either, as the PH rep meets us with the import license and that is it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fairgame you are 100% correct its not the same, my point was we live in Africa and I use that service in most cases I pay it my self for the clients, but according to MR FULVIO that now is part of the "problem" and that a percentage buys a safe passage what a bloody insult to guys doing it right and taking care of their clients!!!!

If the paperwork, ammo count, etc. is in order, even the corrupt official knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Its when there is a mistake, even a genuine one, that gives these folks the upper hand.

The agencies that provide a meet and greet service do it for a fee and if you are so naive as to believe that something is not considered for "good service" to the guy behind the counter, you have a lot of learning ahead of you.

You honestly believe that the Customs officer gives a hoot about the "Meet & Greet" guy - the only difference is that they speak the same lingo.

Please also note that this malpractice is not restricted to RSA as you might have come to believe from this thread; its just a confirmation from a whole bunch of others who have fallen foul to their pranks that RSA Customs are not so pure as some make them out to be.

Look at it from a different perspective: the client is not interested in paying for the services of "Meet & Greet" - his choice and that's fine.
The client happens to be mine and I want to see him through Customs both ways, IN/OUT hassle-free - I do what it takes at my expense - period! How I do it is my concern as long as my client doesn't get his balls busted.

Happy now?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zaeed glad you are having such a easy time in Dar Good for you! maybe when all goes to ground I can move there. But I am so sick and tired of hearing all this negative stuff about South Africa IT drives me nuts, I client have many choices and can hunt where ever he wants, I once again have a full season booked already busy with my 4th hunt of the year so I am not complaining on bid, All I WAS TRYING TO SAY WAS THERE IS A SERVICE USE IT OR NOT CLIENTS OWN CHOICE,

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:

On the 400,000 acres we have a concession on the owner charges us a certain price for RW kudu and we pass some of that on to the client....

Is this your website?

Mind sharing how often your 400,000 acres produces RW animals and if so of what species?

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And we are still waiting on him to give us his prices which are 40% below others clap

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
quote:

On the 400,000 acres we have a concession on the owner charges us a certain price for RW kudu and we pass some of that on to the client....

Is this your website?

Mind sharing how often your 400,000 acres produces RW animals and if so of what species?

He said Kudu.

It can't be his site because the day rate for plains game is $400. For him to sell RW Kudu at 40% of market, the trophy fee must be $500 to make up for the day rates.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
quote:

Is this your website?

He said Kudu.

It can't be his site because the day rate for plains game is $400. For him to sell RW Kudu at 40% of market, the trophy fee must be $500 to make up for the day rates.

So far BB has not said anything that rings true! clap

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Rowland Ward minimum is 53 7/8".

Kudu Adventures is offering 53" kudu for $3250.
ASH Adventures >54" for $3,250
Africa Hunt Lodge >54" for $2,950

So that means that BulletBehavior must be offering 54" kudu for $1,200 - $1,300

Frank

posted Hide Post
quote:
Rowland Ward minimum is 53 7/8".

Kudu Adventures is offering 53" kudu for $3250.
ASH Adventures >54" for $3,250
Africa Hunt Lodge >54" for $2,950

So that means that BulletBehavior must be offering 54" kudu for $1,200 - $1,300

What a micro selection - which in fact also is below the average. Do you have any idea what the size of the South African hunting industry is? We offer >53 7/8 but <55" kudu at $1,800.

Just for laughs: here is a typical package of RW or near RW animals, all inclusive costs: all local travel, accommodation in our 5-star lodges, meals, drinks, all PH fees, pre-taxidermy work, delivery of trophies to taxidermist, trophies guaranteed shipped in 4 months' time - AND hassle free, pre-cleared import licences for firearms and a criminal charge against any official that even suggests a bribe:

1x blue wildebeest
1x kudu bull <55"
1x waterbuck
1x impala

exclusive of taxidermy, dipping, packing and shipping: $7,095.

While the tail chasing analysis paralysis had been going on here by those who probably will never hunt Africa we have completed a 10 day game capturing operation (nyala and impala) for necessary relocation, done the final touches on our new lodge where only bow hunting is allowed, and I also visited our far north western concession to make the final arrangements for an upcoming Cape buffalo, bushbuck, nyala and impala hunt.

For interest sake I paged through our visitor's book at that particular lodge - one American hunter for every 50 hunters from Europe. We are rather proud of that impeccably beautiful place. I am only taking the second USA hunter there in 4 years' time because he deserves it. We choose our clients carefully because when you offer the best hunting experience in South Africa you only offer it to the best.

I initially looked up Accurate Reloading to see what tables live there regarding our excellent .458 3" Express - and I found a fraternity place and a few folks I do not like a great deal.

Thank you to those individuals who contacted me personally and showed their impeccable style and good manners. You guys and your wives are welcome, it will be an honour for my country to greet folks of your calibre here. Maybe the ratio of Americans to Europeans will change at our rather nice place north west, who knows.

Best of luck with all those who will hunt in South Africa this season. Just insist that your outfitter completes all your paperwork in time and passing through customs will be a 10 minute process. If you happen to get selected for a search - well somebody always will. That is the law. We rather do that than subsidise 11 million illegal immigrants via Mexico with taxpayers money.

And for those who contribute to the $166 million and counting spent on hunting in South Africa - congratulations on being part of the best game conservation process (and growing)in the world. It is in some way due to folks like you who keep on returning every year that South Africa has now the same numbers of game we had 200 years ago - and no inbreeding, no wasting deseases, predators are allowed where they belong and not shot on sight - in fact re-introduced wherever possible.

There is so much excess game in South Africa to be hunted - the very reason why the expensive specialist markmen culling operations exist; we hate poaching but over grazing is hated even more.

To all the good folks out there - apply to join our international safari club and enjoy another home away from home.

We have lots and lots of very cheap hunting opportunities if you can prove your ability to do 5 out of 6 individual first shots into a 2" target at 220 yards in the field on life-size images of blesbok, springbok and black wildebeest. The day before you will have ample time to sight your rifle.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hahaha!

Obviously you hunt in a controlled zoo if your hunters have to consistently hit a 2 inche target at 200 meters.

It does not work like that under REAL hunting conditions with REAL PROFESSIONAL hunters.

Not like those brought up on killing farm bred pets rotflmo