THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Getting Ready For Our Safari Later This Month
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting Ready For Our Safari Later This Month
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Blair 338RUM:
Aren't beginners supposed to be started out on a rimfire?

Big Grin

Not if they want to shoot cape buffalo!

I actually wanted them to shoot the 577 T.Rex.

But, they know that gun, and flatly refused to shoot it!

A bloke has to get a laugh....and his mates are the first port of call here in Australia.

That is a steep learning curve for them then!!

That 577 of yours is infamous, it never ceases to amaze me the number of shooters and non shooters who ask me about those videos of yours..........one girl said "that gun launches an ATTACK on the shooter"!!

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Big Grin

A bloke has to get a laugh....and his mates are the first port of call here in Australia.

That 577 of yours is infamous, it never ceases to amaze me the number of shooters and non shooters who ask me about those videos of yours..........one girl said "that gun launches an ATTACK on the shooter"!!

Ah girls!

I love them!

A friend - who somehow has no trust in me Big Grin - was here with his lovely wife.

She all of 5 foot and weighs about 110 pounds.

He was 6 foot something, and weighs at least twice as much.

We used to go skeet shooting together.

They were here, and I asked him to shoot the T.Rex.

He flatly refused.

His wife said "I will shoot it if Saeed says I can"
"Don't be stupid woman, that gun will KILL you!"

Was her husband's reply.

I got a box of ammo, with one round reduced drastically.

I loaded that round for her, and she fired it. It does not kick any more than a skeet load.

"It is just like the shotgun darling, it does hurt at all!" she said.

"Alright. I will shoot one from THAT box. I am not going to give you a chance to give me a different one" said the husband.

"Here, pick the one you want then" I said, giving him the box of ammo.

He loaded one and fired it.

He almost landed on his backside, with a string of insults at both me and his wife rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67417 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
The moral may be that if you visit Saeed you keep your wits about you.

If Saeed hadn't gone into business he would have made an excellent spy. But, then again, maybe he found time for both.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Big Grin

Ah girls!

I love them!

A friend - who somehow has no trust in me Big Grin - was here with his lovely wife.

She all of 5 foot and weighs about 110 pounds.

He was 6 foot something, and weighs at least twice as much.

We used to go skeet shooting together.

They were here, and I asked him to shoot the T.Rex.

He flatly refused.

His wife said "I will shoot it if Saeed says I can"
"Don't be stupid woman, that gun will KILL you!"

Was her husband's reply.

I got a box of ammo, with one round reduced drastically.

I loaded that round for her, and she fired it. It does not kick any more than a skeet load.

"It is just like the shotgun darling, it does hurt at all!" she said.

"Alright. I will shoot one from THAT box. I am not going to give you a chance to give me a different one" said the husband.

"Here, pick the one you want then" I said, giving him the box of ammo.

He loaded one and fired it.

He almost landed on his backside, with a string of insults at both me and his wife rotflmo

Your friend was smart and justifiably suspicious, Saeed........ but NOT smart enough!! Big Grin

One reduced load in a box. Cunning. tu2

And your friend's wife sounds like a sweetheart and game as well.........firing the dreaded 577.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
So Frostbit you've never set up a mate for a good laugh? Back in the day I had an old single barrel Winchester shotgun, light as a feather it was. A non shooting friend wanted to shoot it at a paddy mellon. Being light it kicked a bit with the light loads I was using for rabbits. When I gave it to my mate I slipped in an SG. Holy crap we laughed when he pulled that trigger! My point is mates pull the piss out of mates and have a good laugh. Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I got caught once.

A friend brought a friend of his to shoot.

Both were from Germany.

It usual for someone to ask if I could shoot one first, so I had two rounds in my hands.

One reduced, and one full power load.

The visitor picked one round, which so happened to be the reduced one.

He kept holding it, and waiting for me to shoot one.

I knew what was happening, so I fired the full load.

Now I really want him to shoot a full load, so as he was shouldering the rifle to shoot, I kept telling him he was not holding it properly.

I made a song and dance about it, moving the stock around his shoulders for quite a while, before letting him shoot.

He fired it, and said there was nothing to it!!

I said to him he should try another one, and this time I am not going to help him fit the stock "just right" on his shoulders, and he should see how bad it was.

He agreed, and I got him a full load.

He fired it, stumbled backwards until he hit the glass door!!

I asked him if he wanted to keep trying until he got it right, but he flatly refused!

He never cottoned on that he fired two different rounds rotflmo clap

Posts: 67417 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

What camera and video gear will you be utilizing this year?

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only half caught......lol.

It sounds like the two guys weren't hand loaders and so didn't understand you can reduce the load.

Do you do your reduced load with shotgun powder?

And how can you distinguish between a full power load and the reduced one?

I understand if answering this is revealing too much to future unwitting victims Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Aah that is a trade secret!

Yes, I use 50 grains of UNIQUE with the 750 grain bullet for the reduced load.

Cameras!

For video we are taking Sony 4K cameras - both FDR-AX1 and FDR-AX100, plus several smaller Sony video cameras to use by waterholes. We have large capacity batteries - up to 12 hours - for these, so should get some interesting footage.

We also have several GoPro Hero 3+ action cameras, and several Bushnell trail cameras.

For still we have Nikon's new D810 with several lenses, a Panasonic GH4, Panasonic FZ200 and FZ70. And several Panasonic TZ40 pocket cameras for everyone to carry along.

Last year we had over 17,000 photos.

Media we are using both Sony and Lexar XQD cards for the large 4K video cameras, and both Lexar and SDXC cards.

For the GoPro we are also using Lexar and Sandisk micro SD cards.

Backup we are using Seagate 4TB USB 3.0 portable hard disks.

Two Dell portable workstation laptops - W3800 - are used for both processing and storage.

Next week we are getting a Thuraya IP+ sat modem for live updates for your enjoyment.

I have been persuaded to open an Instagram account, and I have started posting some photos on it.

My ID is ganyana2000 if anyone wishes to have a look.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
So Frostbit you've never set up a mate for a good laugh? Wink

Absolutely, but it never involves firearms and those who have never shot. Perhaps I misread Saeed's post that I replied to but that is what it sounded like.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7611 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Elliot knows Walter, as his parents.
His dad said it will be good for him to get a few pointers on life in a 3 week period that normally takes years for someone to get rotflmo

He has also been given instructions to make Walter life as difficult as possible, I hope he does a better job than you did.

You were far too nice to Walter last year.

Give him another chance Saeed! He responds to feedback.

Seriously, have a great safari.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I really do not know why some of my friends here do not appreciate the value of true friendship Smiler

What have I done wrong for being taken to task?

Two friends, who among themselves discussed the possibility of going to hunt in Africa.

Neither knows anything about shooting, so they asked me to show them the ropes.

A task I was very happy to do.

I told them that for hunting big game like buffalo they need to shoot big guns - they even asked if they borrow some of my rifles to hunt with.

They liked the Ruger # 1, and luckily it was chambered for a good caliber to shoot buffalo with.

So I let them shoot it.

What is wrong with that?? Confused

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really do not know why some of my friends here do not appreciate the value of true friendship Smiler

What have I done wrong for being taken to task?

Two friends, who among themselves discussed the possibility of going to hunt in Africa.

Neither knows anything about shooting, so they asked me to show them the ropes.

A task I was very happy to do.

I told them that for hunting big game like buffalo they need to shoot big guns - they even asked if they borrow some of my rifles to hunt with.

They liked the Ruger # 1, and luckily it was chambered for a good caliber to shoot buffalo with.

So I let them shoot it.

What is wrong with that?? Confused

Yeah right!! Wink

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That mean streak is just about a Saeed wide...

Saeed, you have a PM.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9800 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
One of my sons still yells like a banshee, and still scares the living hell out of one of my daughters, every chance he gets.

He does it when she has no earthly idea that he is right behind her.

They are full grown adults (so-called).

She still has a semi-heart attack, and we still laugh at the whole situation, every time.

Who wants to change that? Big Grin

Saeed, please keep up the good work. Big Grin Cool Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13475 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Elliot knows Walter, as his parents.
His dad said it will be good for him to get a few pointers on life in a 3 week period that normally takes years for someone to get rotflmo

He has also been given instructions to make Walter life as difficult as possible, I hope he does a better job than you did.

You were far too nice to Walter last year.

LOL. I hope Elliot and Walter have a great time together. Smiler

I am really looking forward to the daily reports and the video this year. Saeed, I hope you have a great hunt, and as always, please pass on my warmest regards to the whole Vincent clan. Let them know I won't miss SCI this year, and look forward to seeing them there again.

Cheers!
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you have a PM mate Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
Bon Chance Saeed, frisk Walter for firecrackers...

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Saeed the best on the upcoming hunt.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
One of my sons still yells like a banshee, and still scares the living hell out of one of my daughters, every chance he gets.

She still has a semi-heart attack, and we still laugh at the whole situation, every time.

And when your son hands your daughter a loaded 460 Weatherby as the very first gun she ever shoots you will support that?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a great time with your friends Saeed,we are looking forward to your reports.
Enjoying once again last years Safari it is Excellent.
Thank you for all you do on AR.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Saeed: Will you also be taking the drone with you again? The 577 T-Rex is world famous, so most folks have to know (or should know) what they're getting into. Big Grin Knowing you as they do, can't they just automatically count on some skullduggery being involved?! rotflmo Enjoy your preparations and good luck on the upcoming hunt! tu2

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yes, we have the Phantom drone ready to go, and the Thuraya representative is coming this afternoon with a Thuraya IP+ satellite modem.

We are all set to go.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:

And when your son hands your daughter a loaded 460 Weatherby as the very first gun she ever shoots you will support that?

Well, you see, she is my daughter, and in spite of that, she is not a total idiot.

So yes, that would be fine with me. Big Grin

And she fired her first gun before she was ten, and she hit the bullseye then and still does, regularly! Cool

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13475 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Good luck Saaed!

Have you ever tried some of Canons 4k cams?

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:

Well, you see, she is my daughter, and in spite of that, she is not a total idiot.

So yes, that would be fine with me. Big Grin

And she fired her first gun before she was ten, and she hit the bullseye then and still does, regularly! Cool

My wife can handle a big bore very well. I introduced her to shooting and it wasn't with a 450 NE and definitely would not have been with a 460 Weatherby. She handles the 450 NE quite well without a hint of a flinch.

My point is, and I think like your daughter you are not an idiot, jokes are great. Rubber snakes are fun, making people jump ...hilarious. Wittling Walters bullets and reloading them so his shots go everywhere except where they should...beyond hilarious.

But....handing a first time shooter a 460 Weatherby is not funny, it's unwise, potentially harmful, and certainly does nothing to introduce a neophyte to the joys of weaponry.

I suspect you agree but no need to. I understand.

Cheers
Jim

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, we have the Phantom drone ready to go, and the Thuraya representative is coming this afternoon with a Thuraya IP+ satellite modem.

We are all set to go.

Looking forward to this as always. Thanks for sharing.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am getting requests for our video of this year already??!

Please don't send me any requests just yet.

Once we are back I will post when I can start taking your requests.

Last year we custom made 2,000 AR USB 3.0 sticks for the video, and it looks like we have sent out over 1,900??

We are making the same number for this year too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am getting requests for our video of this year already??!

Please don't send me any requests just yet.

Once we are back I will post when I can start taking your requests.

Last year we custom made 2,000 AR USB 3.0 sticks for the video, and it looks like we have sent out over 1,900??

We are making the same number for this year too.

cant wait to see your report while winter is coming slowly here ... your movies will bring some sun during our lovely winter too.

have a safe and fun trip.

Phil

Posts: 1796 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
Good luck Saaed!

Have you ever tried some of Canons 4k cams?

I have some of their SLRs.

But, frankly, they are really no good as safari cameras at all.

They might work in a studio environment planned well ahead, not so for a safari.

Thank you for looking at my Instagram.

I have sent you a follow request.