THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zim Hunt - MAYBE & DELTA AIRLINES SUCKS!!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim Hunt - MAYBE & DELTA AIRLINES SUCKS!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well here I sit, still in Atlanta where I have been for the past 48 hrs, waiting to go to Joberg, then onto Harare.

As I have to leave for the airport in a few, I will not be able to go into complete detail as to my immediate problem. But suffice to say, that a little was my fault, and a WHOLE lot was Delta's, (FAA VIOLATION #1) Of which they have admitted, but the fact that I was to start hunting in Zimbabwe on the 9th of April, and will not even arrive now until the 10th, is a problem.

My cameraman/hunting partner is in Harare now, but my bag with ALL my ammo and clothes is now apparently on the way to Joberg (FAA VIOLATION #2), without me!! What's the odds it will be waiting for me in joberg?? So I finally bought some extra clothes today, but am still missing most of my hunting gear, and of course my AMMO. Even though Delta now admits the passport screw - up, as well as the huge baggage f**k up, until I was able to get my travel agent on the phone, Delta was trying to charge me FULL-PRICE for a whole new ticket here in Atlanta. At the ticket counter, we finally settled on a $300.00 change fee, but after complaining to customer relations yesterday on the phone, I was able to get that dropped as well.

Lastly, did I mention that my PH Gordon Duncan had surgery this morning on his hand, apparently he got a little too close to a croc this past weekend, and it tried to have him for dinner. He still plans to do the hunt, but will probably be one-handed for a few weeks!!!

Isn't this kind of stuff really what makes this whole thing an adventure?? Fact is, its irritating, frustrating, and inconvenient, but past that, what the hell can you really do about it????

off now to the airport, maybe this time I can actually get on the plane!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear your bad news buddy.

I'm a bit out of touch and penalties might have changed but as I remember it, the penalty the airline faces for shipping unaccompanied bags in advance of the passenger is/was US$10K per bag.

At least that thought might make you feel better!! Wink

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Aaron,
Geez! Sounds like you've had a terrible start and, once again, Delta sounds problematic. Here's hoping you get it all sorted out and end up having a great safari. Are you after another Lion?

Very interested in a complete report of your problems getting out of the U.S. with Delta, once you get a chance to report.

Best of luck.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
As I posted here: Delta's Lie, Delta's customer service (and just plain, service) is terrible. They absolutely have no facility or desire to fix a damn thing.

When you get back, I'll show you what I discovered about complaining to the right folks and maybe, just maybe, getting some reasonable response from the dumb minions who handle complaints.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
crap I'm due to leave Tulsa on Delta monday. hope I don't get caught in there stupidity. wish me luck sounds like I might need it

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arron

Can you hear the echo????? DELTA sucks-sucks- sucks and sucks more. Arron in your case Doesn't Even Leave The Airport might truly fit.

Good luck with the rest of the adventure.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge-Did you ever get any satisfaction out of Delta over their screw up on your flights?

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Yes Big Grin, but I'd really rather not go into detail 'cause I'm not sure one department knows what the other did and it could possibly get "undone" if I rock the customer relations boat too much. That aside, the safety issue is apparently still under investigation by the FAA.

What I'm really trying to say is that if you'll buy me a single malt at DSC in Dallas, I'll spill the beans because I will have taken the trip by then. Roll Eyes

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Yes Big Grin, but I'd really rather not go into detail 'cause I'm not sure one department knows what the other did and it could possibly get "undone" if I rock the customer relations boat too much. That aside, the safety issue is apparently still under investigation by the FAA.

What I'm really trying to say is that if you'll buy me a single malt at DSC in Dallas, I'll spill the beans because I will have taken the trip by then. Roll Eyes

Man I would love to hear that story!

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Sometimes things start out a little rough? But in the end Great things happen!!! Hang in there!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Hope everything gets smooth from here on out... Good luck!

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by opus72:
Hope everything gets smooth from here on out... Good luck!

+1

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Good luck Aaron. Hope it all goes well from now on- you have a better attitude about it than me, but you are right - what can you do...

Airline rates go up as service goes down- no other industry in the world could get by with that...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Airline rates go up as service goes down- no other industry in the world could get by with that...

Ain't that the truth. The news services here are reporting one American airline is going to charge passengers for cabin baggage, a Brit airline plans to start charging passengers to use the toilet and at the same time as all this, BA want to reduce the number of cabin crew on their flights so service gets even worse!

If it gets much worse, they'll be charging us to stay at home! Wink

One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
BA service might actually improve with less of their Siberian Gulag trained flight crew on board!

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry about your delays! Good luck and remind Gordon that we will be arriving 4may and tell him to keep his hands to himself in future.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Hope all ends well for ya.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I'm really trying to say is that if you'll buy me a single malt at DSC in Dallas, I'll spill the beans because I will have taken the trip by then

I'll do that too & we can share another delta story

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would really like to know what Aaron means by passport problem that was Delta's fault.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote