THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Charlton McCallum Safaris - Christmas Newsletter

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlton McCallum Safaris - Christmas Newsletter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi All,

Another great season has come to an end for CMS. While world economics and the political situation resulted in a slightly slower season for us - it was however a highly successful one. Likewise it bodes well for next season as despite been 100% on buffalo we did not sell the whole quota which should mean combined with our increasing trophy quality, an exceptional season next year!

We hunted our core area been the stunning Dande Safari area as well as Charara, Hammond, Kazuma and Nyakasanga and Lower Lupande in Zambia. They all treated our clients well with 12 out of 12 male leopards shot, ( unfortunately one wounded and lost) 100% on good solid buffalo, 2 out of 3 lions with the third having been tracked and unfortunately missed and 5 out of 5 trophy elephant not to mention all the tuskless plains game croc and hippo.

Dande was run very efficiently and we maintained the excellent standards that everyone has come to expect there and thanks must go to Kay our camp manger and Bongi and his team for their hard and tireless work.

We have also drilled and are operating a solar borehole in the North of Dande which will be a great draw card and will pull a lot of animals back from Mozambique where they are forced to go to look for water as the season dries.

HAMMOND

Hammond as usual was excellent if a little easy! The quality of the buff were as good as anywhere in the country and everyone shot exceptional buff. Plains game cats and ele were also easy to come by and most clients ended up having enough time to visit the wonderful Gonerazhou national Park.

CHARARA AND NYAKASANGA

Charara and Nyakasanga hunting was done out of a fly camp that we erect in beautiful and isolated spots. These fly camps certainly gives you the feeling of been in the “middle of no where” while still enjoying all the amenities of a good camp as in flush loos running hot and cold showers great food and iced drinks. It is a solar camp which at night is great as you hear all the night noises! We shot some great trophies there including some dry land hippo which is very exciting.

LOWER LUPANDE ZAMBIA

This year we sent two exploration hunts to lower Lupande for leopard and buffalo. They were 7 day hunts and both clients were successful on great male leopards and buffalo plus several plains game species. The buffalo plains game and cat hunting in the lower Lupande is unbelievably good and this coming year I expect several of our clients will collect some amazing trophies there!!!

KAZUMA

Every year we sell two trophy ele bull tags in Kazuma which is in my experience te very best elephant bull hunting one can experience in Africa today. I hunted both tags with Mark this year and in 11 days we tracked and looked at 243 ele bulls. We saw a bull that was over 75 lbs but one tusk so passed up on him and in the end we shot two great bulls been 53 and 55 lbs. We also shot a nice dugga boy and a fantastic sable that went 46”. Without doubt Kazuma is the “mecca” for big elephant hunted in a pure ethical and rewarding manner!!!!

DAPU – DANDE ANTI POACHING UNIT

DAPU www.dapuzim.com has flourished under the guidance of Bongi and Muno and we are certainly seeing a great difference in numbers of game and trophy quality! We have also seen a reduction in snares picked up and carcasses found which is very rewarding. Financially, despite some amazingly generous donations, the running of DAPU is still a huge burden to CMS. One of our initiatives to try and generate funds was to auction off quality art that well known artists had kindly donated or part donated to DAPU. Our present one is a stunning painting called “Hwange Gold” by Gareth Hook it is a 32x56" oil on canvas. Gareth is without doubt one of the up and coming artists at the shows and this painting would be expected to sell for US$12 000. As it is we are still waiting for an opening bid of US$4000. Not only is this a steal and a good investment it is truly a stunning painting going to a great cause!!!! The bidding will stop at the end of the SCI show and bids can be sent to hunting@cmsafaris.com

DAPU

CMS 4TH DVD FOR SALE - “Giants Of The Jesse”

My 4th dvd is finally finished!!!! I do believe that this is the best DVD we have produced from a quality perspective!! I went to great lengths in capturing the very essence of Africa taking great care in particular to the sounds that are so often lost in dvds today. This near 2 hour dvd concentrates on the excitement of early season elephant hunting in the Zambezi Valley portaying all the highs and lows of extreme ele hunting in a season that is not often hunted! This DVD can be ordered through Safari Press as of the 1 st of January. Like all other DVDs sold through Safari Press it will be in HD. However if you order direct from hunting@cmsafaris.com we can deliver Blue Ray or High Definition.

Finally we would like to say thanks so much to our many return clients for your continued support and to our new clients whom all were a pleasure to guide and we look forward to having you all back soon. Myself, Myles and Len will be at Dallas booth 2112 SCI Booth 4669/71/73 and Salzburg booth 1013 and hopefully we will see many of you there.

Happy Xmas and new year from the CMS team!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
The best of the best. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing these fine memories.
cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Buzz. Congrats. Can't wait to get back there in August...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Buzz and the crew.! Looking forward to see you in Vegas (maybe) or even better in the Zambezi valley Big Grin

Posts: 190 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done, Buzz!!! Great trophies!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible and congratulations!!!
Mark me down for four of your newest DVD's as they are great gifts to my hunting family.

Posts: 195 | Location: Douglas, Wyoming | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Well done Buzz - see you in Dallas

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding, Buzz! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz , Myles and all CM crew congratulations!!!

some great trophies taken this year!

Even though challenged by the various obstacles, you guys continue to achieve.

Expanding the operation this year into so many other areas has been I feel a great success .

Hopefully I can make Dallas this year to personally congratulate you guys.

Best regards to all and hope you have a great Xmas/ New year!!

Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great season, and the new video.
I got my hippopotamus for Christmas!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My apologies - it is UPPER LUPANDE rather then lower !!! But from what I hear they are as good as each other!!!

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Did you shoot your lion you had on offer in Upper Lupande ? And whats the story with the first photo

Congrats to a good year!

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all involved. I'm with Anton, what's the story on the charging Buff.

Cheers
J&J

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7604 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Buzz and Myles. Congratulations on what looks like was a great season. See you in Dallas.

Mike

Posts: 21355 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did that guy really shoot a buff with a Steyr Scout rifle? rotflmo

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Well done Buzz, Myles and your team. Gd quality yr after yr.

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done on another fantastic year Buzz and Myles! Look forward to a cold one with you guys at DSC.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Good stuff guys! Congrats.

And a very Merry Christmas to you and your families!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Buzz - you and CMS are a credit to the industry. Need a copy of your new DVD. Richard Sowry will be in Dallas. He is keen to meet you and will stop by your booth. Best, Kevin

Posts: 151 | Location: Southern Africa | Registered: 30 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! A most excellent job !!

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great season to all of you. Those are all world class quality trophies. Hopefully sales will improve with the all new uncle trump in charge!

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
My apologies - it is UPPER LUPANDE rather then lower !!! But from what I hear they are as good as each other!!!

The Upper Lupande is a Leopard mecca! It is common to see leopard while driving around the concession in broad daylight! The lower is also good and both had a lot of lion the last time I was there!

............................................................... tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Buzz, Myles, families and Crew! clap

May 2017 be a blessed and prosperous year for CMS!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the nice comments! Anton we did not sell the lion but it was shot by another operator and was a monster! Happy Xmas to you all and I look forward to seeing many of you at the shows .Lets hope for a great 2017- all the best Buzz