THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    USING A BOOKING AGENT - PLEASE READ!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USING A BOOKING AGENT - PLEASE READ!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Ngana and Rat,
I am looking for a scope. Cabelas sells it for $450 and I see one on Ebay for $430. I find out that a discounter working for Cabelas is selling the same scope on Ebay. Should I never do business with Cabelas again just because I found the same thing somewhere else for a lower price?

This is the same situation as Orbitz or Travelocity with their airline ticket prices.

Greg did the right thing. He laid it out to you privately and you chose to disclose that PM on this public forum. I find that and your double identity a bit two faced. You two are pissed but have spent no money at all. You are not buyers, you are tire kickers. If you had done your own homework, you would know what a hunt costs and what is a deal and what is not a "good deal". If I were Greg and Jeff I would not sell either of you a hunt or gun (for that matter).

I looked at the same hunt and thought it was a good deal at the offered price. If I had the time, I likely would have taken it. Even if I had found out about the different pricing - I would have gone, shot those great animals and had a great hunt using an excellent agent and outfit.

I would rather pay too much for a hunt and get what I am after than pay too little and whine about getting what I paid for.

I do not understand your mentality.

DC
Sorry for the loooooong delay, I've been up in Alaska "kicking tires" you can call me what you want. Greg and I have made peace and I'm through with you on this

Steve (tire kicker)

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3558 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Isn't the issue that no one minds paying a fair price for a hunt, but that no one knows what that fair price is? Are we not dependent on the agent for that information? If I want to buy a car and I am told there is a "manufacturers rebate" on it, is it not safe to assume that the "manufacturers rebate" is the same no matter which dealer I go to? Perhaps the problem is not with the agent but with the outfitter. If so, should the agent not ask "are you offering the same deal to other agents, or do other agents have a different price list". Sorry if this seems naive!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote