New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE DVD's HAVE ARRIVED!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is my first post, several year lurker, African wannabe, and these videos just seal the deal.

Saeed, you're a generous soul. We all owe you a great thanks.

Posts: 124 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thansk Saeed, I'm off for 24 days with Pierre in 07 and I can't wait to get a behind the lens view of the camp and activities.
My sincerest thanks,
John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Just checked my PO Box this morning after having an easy day at work. I found the CD's waiting for me. I'm going to kick back with a couple of cold ones and enjoy the videos. Once again, thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

Cool Cool beer beer wave

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

posted Hide Post
To my astonishment, I arrived home today to find that I had recieved my DVD's of the hunt, a mere matter of days after my request. I am extremely grateful Saeed for your extreme generosity and your promptness in dealing with my request.

I will enjoy watching these over a beer this weekend!!!

Many thanks once again.

AWB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine just arrived! thumb!

Thank you Saeed very much. I'll start watching them tonight Big Grin

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arrived in good order today. Have the evening to myself, so will hole up in my office.

Thanks again!

Posts: 395 | Location: West Coast | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
Saeed. Thanks for the hunt videos. They were very intertaining, except for the snake. The tracker shooting match was very interesting. Who thought that one up?

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

What rifle were you shooting in the 2003 DVDs? How long is that barrel? It looks about 30" long.

Thanks
riodot

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Just recieved my DVD's. Thank you very much sir!! Walter playing medicine man was priceless. Thanks again!!!

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Thank you so much for the wonderful experience of seeing much more in Tanzania than I had seen previously.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed - I laughed, I cried, I nearly wet my pants! lol
You are a hell of a shot, my friend! Walter on the other hand......Well, he's a hell of a witch doctor! Big Grin
Thank you for being so generous! thumb
Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The deadline for the requests of these DVDs was the 30th of last month.

However, I am going to send out what we have left - which are admittedly far fewer than the requests we have.

So, I apologize for those who have asked too late, and hope you might have better luck next time.

The rifles we used on all these hunts are custom built on Dakota 76 actions, and chambered for our own 375/404 cartridge. We used our own Walterhog bullets.

One rifle has a 23 inch barrel and a muzzle brake, and one has a 26 inche barrel and no muzzle brake. The one with the muzzle brake was built by my friend Dwight Scott, and the one without I built myself.

Both rifles have Dan Lilja barrels, and 2.5-8x36 Leupold scopes, which are, to me at least, ideal scopes for these rifles.

The video camera is a Sony Professional DV camera - I am not sure of the model number. The video man is Alan Vincent, who is a PH himself. He does his job extremely well, just as he does with everything else. I have known Alan since he was a little kid, and we consider him and his family as part of our own. He has hunted with us everywhere we did; Zimbabwe, South Africa and Tanazania. We are hunting with him in Tanzania next month.

As you have seen, we are not really trophy hunters. We just enjoy the company of friends far away from the hectic life in the cities.

In fact, hunting comes almost as an after thought with our lot. As most of the gang seem to spend all their time plannig nasty tricks for the rest of the gang.

I have been within inches of all sorts of snakes, so they do not bother me as much as they used to.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
The video camera is a Sony Professional DV camera - I am not sure of the model number. The video man is Alan Vincent, who is a PH .

Saeed

Do you have contact details for Alan Vincent? Email address if possible.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As you have seen, we are not really trophy hunters. We just enjoy the company of friends far away from the hectic life in the cities.

This is why my hunting buddies and I watch your adventures. Your outlook is no different than ours.

Thank you again for showing us more of this beautiful part of the world.

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

I received the software in New Jersey. Thank you for your kindness. Many blessings on your family.

James.

Posts: 3 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big surprise when I checked my mailbox last night. Padded envelope? I was not expecting anything?? All the more pleasure when I found out it was from UAE. The DVDs!!

I watched late into the night, immensely enjoying the scenery (next best thing to actually going to the Selous yourself), the hunting and all the characters. It was almost like I knew most of the cast from AR, great fun.

I was surprised how green and vegetated the Selous is - don't know what time of year this was filmed?? Speak of HIGH grass in places!

I did not realize that Dakota made stainless M76 actions, or have the actions been plated??

Fantastic footing, good job on the videographer, great shooting on your part Saeed, and never a dull moment with everybody's darling, Walter. Smiler

Thanks a ton Saeed, that was more than generous!
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
My 2004 DVDs arrived today.

Thanks to Saeed and his DVD empire for producing them and sending them out, free of charge.

One day maybe I can give you a taste of some bottles of good Barossa reds. If alcohol is a problem I think Walterhog looks like a red wine drinker!

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Saaed. Have not had a chance yet to go through but the first one. If they are all as good, I will enjoy the rest.

BB

York, SC

posted Hide Post
Many thanks Saeed. Your generosity is amazing.

I'm almost through tape four of Tanzania 2004. Does any one know what kind of snake that is in disc four?

Tony

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never been a big fan of Canada Post...
We have May magazines that arrive after the June magazines, some letters from Europe take 6 weeks, others 6 days... I guess I just need to keep checking the mail box. Or call home... "Honey, did you check the mail yet? Nothing? You're sure? Did you look all the way in the back? Feel around the edges? Go look again!!!"

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed,
Thank you very much for the 2004 hunting DVD's.
The quality is excellent and quite professional.
I am quite impressed. It seems accurate and great shooting skills run in your family! Thank you again I really have enjoyed watching them!

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed I would like to thank you for the DVD's you sent me. The footage is awsome and it looks like you guys know how to have a good time and still get some nice Animals. Thanks again. I just have one question. What caliber is that fluted SS rifle that was being used and what bullets were you using with it?

KA Firearms Customization LLC
Firearm Coating, Gun and Optics Sales
www.kafirearmsllc.com/

Posts: 370 | Location: Buxton, ND | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

You are all most welcome, glad you are enjoying our adventures with Walter.

All packages were sent by first class air mail.
The rifle is a 375/404 I built myself, and teh bullets are 300 grain Walterhog bullets, which are made by us too.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine made it to Mississippi (I suspect the last part of their journey was the most tenuous!) today. Many thanks Saeed.

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
My thanks as well, Saeed! The DVDs arrived here over the weekend, so I got a holiday from work and some super video to watch all at once. What a great thing!

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I got my video today. I guess that my PM was done right after all. Thank you so much for your generosity.

Roger Cox

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

We received our DVD's today. We can hardly wait to watch them tonight. Thanks so much for letting us share your hunt. Mike & Linda

Posts: 150 | Location: Washington | Registered: 01 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After reading everybody's posts about receiving the DVDs, I slipped out of the office early to check my mail, and there they were! As I write this, I am watching Saeed stalk a herd of buffalo!

Thank you Saeed for your generosity.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Thanks for the Video's. You are a very generous man and I appreciate you for sharing your experiences with me.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I just received the DVDs in the mail!!! Can't wait to watch them Smiler

I really appreciate your generosity, effort, sense of community...You've made my day!

Cheers from Canada!
CL

posted Hide Post
My set arrived in south Texas today. This is such a generous offer. The picture quality is great. I can almosst feel the sun on the back of my neck. Thank you.

Jeff

Posts: 19 | Location: Cuero, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My set arrived today. Absolutely fantastic! Thank you for your generous gift to the membership.

DRSS Member

Posts: 96 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
The 2004 DVD set made its way from UAE all the way to Lorton, Virginia!

Saeed, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Saeed,

DVD's received today.

Thank you ever so much.

Best wishes.

Rustam

Posts: 173 | Location: Bangalore, India. | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed. The DVD's arrived yesterday in southern Ontario, Canada. I haven't had a chance to view them yet but I am looking forward to it.
My wife and sons will be off to Montreal on the weekend and I will be using that time to sit back, relax with a cold one and think of a way to convince her to let me go to Africa.

Posts: 4 | Location: Bowmanville, Ontario | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from vacation to find my copies waiting. Saeed, thank you again for your generosity.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank You Saeed, very nice DVDs
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

DVD's arrived today. I want to thank you for your generosity. It is greatly appreciated.
Have a great Day.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Dear Saeed,
Thank you very much indeed; the DVDs arrived safely today here in Sweden and I look very much forward to looking at them!

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed, the DVD of your 2004 adventure is the best hunting video I've seen. No silly background music, no voice over telling my what is obviously happening. Really had the feeling of actually being along on the hunt. My compliments to your camera man also, very well done. I only requested the 2004 DVD and now I wish I'd put in for the 2003 DVD also.

This is a very good example of ethical hunting. Walter is, well I've got a dear friend that is just like him. Sometimes you could just wack-um up the side of the head, but they are so lovable and sincere.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us all.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote