New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa's newest hunter arrives
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My son and first child was born at 3:47 am on July 2, 2006.

Bridger Augustus Fabian
8 lbs, 13 oz.
22 in
Jackson Hole, WY

I am so excited and excited to take him hunting in Africa!

Mom and young Bwana are doing GREAT!

FIre Support Team

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! We need a new generation of African hunters and he looks like he will fit the bill for sure! Nice genes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
clap clap 8 lbs 13 ounceshe certainly is "trophy-size". thumb

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! beer

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Beautiful boy, looks like a hunter to me!

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I heard he already favors a .270, either on a Pre-64 Winchester action or a commercial mauser action.

Plus a .223 to shoot jackrabbits and p-dogs.

Sounds like he knows what he's talking about!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
And my question is, What does Mom say? We can't forget about her!

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May God bless you all.

He looks like he'll handle a big SxS quite well.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. A fine looking young man.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a joy! Many congratulations to the entire family - in particular to Mom, who did most of the work.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your new family!
He looks like he will make an excellent hunting buddy!

He is fortunate to have a dad who will pass along a rich and wonderful heritage!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congrats

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I know what Mom says. She bought Trapdoor his first safari.

Congratulations on Bwana Bridger!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was on OB call last night but in Oklahoma. Hope mom and son are doing fine.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Congrats, he even has the eyes of a hunter.Looks to be in deep thought. Probably planning a cape buf hunt.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations !!! thumb
Say goodbye to sleep Big Grin
First hand eperience...mine is 28 days older than yours.
Take care
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the kind words!

All is still going great!

His Mom has always known she didn't stand a chance on keeping him out of the woods or from behind a rifle!

Do you think a fine SxS and booking a hunt would be a good birthday present for him?! Wish I could get Mom talked into that!

FIre Support Team

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
congrats!

lucky kid... i wish my dad took me hunting. you are as rich as your experiences!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27607 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of loucfir
posted Hide Post
You are a very lucky man ! My son has always my constant companion in the field, as I was with my Father. The times you spend, growing up together is so very special. Cherish everyday as I do. Hey, what's with all that hair? God seems to think that kids need it more than some of us!!!!!
Tom

Posts: 309 | Location: The Great Northwest | Registered: 25 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I know what you are feeling, Trapdoor,my youngest is 44 yrs old,and the oldest is 50 yrs old but I remember the day we brought every one of the four of them home, like it was yesterday! CONGRATULATIONS! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And to grow up in Jackson Hole....hunting, fishing, skiing and rock climbing....how can it get any better?Smiler

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling my son is now almost 18 months old with his first bush experience a couple of weeks ago he loved it tremenduosly.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Trapdoor,

Your hunting will be so much brighter with your new partner...
Congratulations to Mom & Dad...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
I heard he already favors a .270, either on a Pre-64 Winchester action or a commercial mauser action.

Plus a .223 to shoot jackrabbits and p-dogs.

Sounds like he knows what he's talking about!

As long as it isn't a 45-70....

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Trapdoor, May the source of all your greatest joys be with you now and forever.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

As long as it isn't a 45-70....

Where do you think Trapdoor comes from?

I am a .45-70 nut, especially in the U.S. Springfield "Trapdoor" Rifle, caliber .45-70!!!

FIre Support Team

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, and good luck! Raise a fine hunter, to support our sport and for your and his pleasure.. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote