THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    L.A. Times article on Elephant birth control

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

L.A. Times article on Elephant birth control
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
It seems people are threatening to boycott Kruger Nat Park if there is a cull of the overpopulated park so they are looking into birth control...vasectomies and "the pill"

Feel good uneducated tourists dont want elephants to die...

time for these "do gooders" to grow up.

This imho is the beginning of the end of jumbo hunts...they would rather "band aid" it than let people hunt. eventualy the govts will bow to the blackmail of P.C.-idiots.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27601 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen the article, but neither option is viable.......and both have been discussed ad nauseum by KNP officials and all other interested parties. Sounds like a typical gutter press report by an anti hunting journo. Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bring all the extra Jumbos here then!! We can make some space for them in NYC, Boston, San Francisco, etc. The hystrionic greens can hire the Jumbos to pull their Prius' when the batteries give it up. Wink

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always subscribed to the theory that anti-hunting movements are not based on the protection or love for a species they are based on some people's desires to say they controlled or took away the pleasures of others. That is why prohibition began. There are several groups of people who believe they will be stronger in thier wills and desires if your rights and priveleges are eroded.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been bantered for years...despite the occassional shooting without the press knowing.

Obviously they can't cull 'on the quite', perhaps should try?

In Pilanesberg we would get the occassional IFAW logo-ed bakkie that would show up and enter the park as paying visitors. They were essentially prowling for elephant killing activity (the chief warden did brain one while I was there).

It ultimately had bugger all to do with them whether or not young pac bulls got shot for killing rhinos...but the story they would create and inflate was not worth the adminsitrations headache.

Its really quite unfortunate how thiese issues are portrayed....

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
Bring all the extra Jumbos here then!! We can make some space for them in NYC, Boston, San Francisco, etc. The hystrionic greens can hire the Jumbos to pull their Prius' when the batteries give it up. Wink

maybe that is the solution...

we pay for the shipment to Mexico then tip the federalies to look the other way...

poor Mexicans get to eat jumbo stew and trophy hunters get the hides and ivory.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27601 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
can i watch them put the rubber on the elephant?? can i can i can i please - i'll buy a ticket

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote