New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAVE CONSERVANCY UPDATE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
THE SAVE HUNTING STATUS HAS BEEN MUCH QUITER LATELY. DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN UPDATE IN REGARDS TO IF EVERYTHING HAS SETTLED DOWN OR IS THE TURMOIL STILL GOING ON?
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!
MARK

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
My friend is hunting Msaise - Brooklands with Paul Wellock just now. Since everything is perfectly quiet I guess there is nothing to write home about...if anything pops up will let you know.

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SubSailor..Did Mike Payne get his quota?

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safari2
When I talked with subsailor74 before he left, last wednesday, they had not gotten their quota as of then. Mike had arranged for a leopard hunt on a different concession instead of the buffalo hunt he and Ken were after.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Safari2
When I talked with subsailor74 before he left, last wednesday, they had not gotten their quota as of then. Mike had arranged for a leopard hunt on a different concession instead of the buffalo hunt he and Ken were after.

That is a shame..IF Mike does not have his quota as of now there are still problems!

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm booked for July with the Duckworths @ Mokore Safaris, so far so good.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Shangaan still trying to get their quota sorted out as of last week.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you believe it is doable this year?
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody heard about the status of quotas for:

Sango
Humani
Mokore
Others?

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Do you believe it is doable this year?
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

Glenn seems to think so. We will soon see.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
Anybody heard about the status of quotas for:

Sango
Humani
Mokore
Others?

Sango still has not had their quota set as of this morning. They fully expect it to happen, but it hasn't yet.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What would be the "typical" time line by which the Safari companies would have received their quotas and permits (January, February, etc.)? How late is it now relative to the norm (SAVE & Zimbabwe)?

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I last spoke to Butch, Humani had no quota.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So it sounds like to me as of now Brooklands is the only one that has a quota?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodhits:
When I last spoke to Butch, Humani had no quota.

Ditto Skyped with him this morning

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hasn't the quota issue this year been a problem for other areas in Zimbabwe as well?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BASED ON THE RESPONSES, IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE SITUATION HAS IMPROVED MUCH?
MARK

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Subsailor74 called me this morning on his sat phone. Mike had made arrangements for them to hunt on a different concession and it sounded like he was having a great time. I'm not going to spoil his hunt report but it should be a doozy!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mouse93:
My friend is hunting Msaise - Brooklands with Paul Wellock just now. Since everything is perfectly quiet I guess there is nothing to write home about...if anything pops up will let you know.

I too have booked several of my clients into Msaise. I did this as the southern areas where I was booked are still blocked to date, as far as I am aware.

Chinanga Safaris
Phone : 263) 9 247021
Mobiles : 263) 712211822 & 712613613
e-mail : terryfenn@yoafrica.com

Posts: 30 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Subsailor74 called me this morning on his sat phone. Mike had made arrangements for them to hunt on a different concession and it sounded like he was having a great time. I'm not going to spoil his hunt report but it should be a doozy!

What alternate concession was Mike able to book for them? Just wondering as three of us are booked with Mike in June and we have not heard a lot of details on the "alternate" plans if needed.
Thanks

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McKay,
I think Dave mentioned something about Shingani but I wouldn't swear to that and hate to speculate. He said something about it being a cattle ranch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel for those that have safaris planned for Zim. this year with all the uncertainties. I had to cancel mine for July back in Feb. over financial reasons.
It must be very hard to plan & anticipate with the unknown about permits.
As of this morning permits have still not been issued. Not sure if this is just the Save or if more are effected.
Wishing all that are effected a good outcome.
Cecil

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wanted to bump this back up to the top..anyone hearing of any quotas being issued?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Duckworths @ Mokore safaris just took a bull ele last week...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard from 2 operators this week that their quota had not been issued yet.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joester:
The Duckworths @ Mokore safaris just took a bull ele last week...

In Save or Sengwa Research?

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have heard from 2 operators this week that their quota had not been issued yet.

Yep, that was my update as well.

I'm due to leave on June 2nd so my fingers are double and triple crossed that a resolution is reached in the next couple weeks.

I'm cautiously optimistic but am planning (hoping?)on going somewhere in Zim to hunt if the Save doesn't work out.

Chris

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Chris.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FROM ZAMBEZI HUNTERS NEWSLETTER

SAVE VALLEY CONSERVANCY

The Save Valley Conservancy has still not been issued with its hunting permit from the Parks and Wildlife Management Authority for 2013.

It is not for me to go into all the detail here of why this has not been issued as it is politically sensitive within the country. I will say that there is a lot of support within Government for a speedy resolution to the Save issue to allow operations to continue. We remain optimistic that we will be able to salvage the remainder of the season and will certainly keep everyone updated when we start hunting there.

I sincerely apologise to all those who have booked to hunt with us in Save this year for the uncertainty that this brings. Please be assured that we will do all we can to accommodate your hunt should the issue continue un resolved.

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
SubSailor..Did Mike Payne get his quota?

not yet......

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
McKay,
I think Dave mentioned something about Shingani but I wouldn't swear to that and hate to speculate. He said something about it being a cattle ranch.

We hunted at Debshan Ranch near Shangani, which is between Bulawayo and Gweru. It was a fabulous hunt. See the report under "Shangani Leopard" in the hunting reports section of this site.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i am curious. Save hunts are generally more expensive than comparable hunts elsewhere in Zim. if your scheduled hunt gets moved, do you see a price reduction??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
i am curious. Save hunts are generally more expensive than comparable hunts elsewhere in Zim. if your scheduled hunt gets moved, do you see a price reduction??

My experience here is limited to 2 hunts, but in each case, I was charged the daily rate and trophy fee rate for the concession where the replacement hunt was booked. It turned out that in both of my hunts, the daily rate was a bit less than the rates in the Save, so I got great hunts at a slightly lower price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll drag this one back up to the top again.

ANY good news out there other than Brooklands?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm told that things are being put on hold during the election year

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Every time I inquire with my folks on the ground in Zim about the SAVE situation there seems to be some new twist or turn. The SAVE seems to be in perpetual limbo. Hopefully this whole '13 season will not be lost.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling Mark.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, since I was most likely the one that saw Mike Payne the last, Saturday last, at that time he had not gotten his quota yet from Parks but the news before I left was that the Duckworth's had been issued their permits. Maybe Mike will get his yet!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, since I was most likely the one that saw Mike Payne the last, Saturday last, at that time he had not gotten his quota yet from Parks but the news before I left was that the Duckworth's had been issued their permits. Maybe Mike will get his yet!

OK so Brooklands and Duckworth's as of now..any others?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is good news if true as I'm to be hunting Mokore in Sept. I've had my fingers and toes crossed for months and I was starting to get muscle cramps!

Bill

Posts: 94 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 23 May 2010Reply With Quote