THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anti hunting shirts etc., with my pics on them.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti hunting shirts etc., with my pics on them.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Scratch that. I tried. Can only pay with Amazon or paypall. I have neither. Frowner

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I would start with going to this link
( http://www.cafepress.com/cp/in...x.aspx?page=cup.aspx ) at the bottom of the café press page. It seems to go straight to your issue of copyright violations. I think café is just hosting these nuts and probably get lots of complaints like yours. PUSH THE ISSUE!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkiBumplus3:
Scratch that. I tried. Can only pay with Amazon or paypall. I have neither. Frowner

Actually, I think you can use a CC with paypal.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
We seem to be constantly battling to stop image and info theft and it drives me nucking futs and irritates the hell out me........ just 2 or 3 months ago, found a South African outfitter had stolen a massive amount of images and info and copied it straight onto his own site.

We told him to remove ALL of it and then complained to Google as well and then had to to the trouble of convincing Google that he had stolen OUR information etc rather than the other way around.

To have an anti hunter doing it is even bloody worse. Mad

That is the real problem, to me. They are using the images to send a negative and offensive message.

Having done international IP licensing myself, I agree that it may be hard to get money that makes suit worthwhile, but you should be able to shut them down, at least through online promotion which is likely where they get all their sales.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone here read Barron's? My usual routine on Saturday mornings is to read it while downing a few cups of coffee. The cover story is "Crash?" and goes on to say unlike the dot.com crash, in the latest analysis, there are just five companies poised to run out cash in a year's time. And all of them are quite small, each valued at less $360 million.

They write: "In fact, you may have never heard of these little cash burners: CafePress (PRSS)..."

You don't have to worry about the Australian guy, it looks to me that CafePress's business model is to sell these items themselves.

http://www.bizjournals.com/lou...ter-3q.html?page=all

I say write a letter threatening to sue. They have no money; they are bleeding cash. According to Barron's they have six months at their current burn rate before they run out of cash.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote