Find
Notify
Tools

Nambian Hunt Information
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all,

I apologize for asking this question again but I lost my info when I had a computer problem.

I am looking for a small intimate hunting camp for my son and I for our first African hunt. I was given a name of a Professional north of Windhoek. I believe it was an outfitter within driving distance to Etosha and could arrange a tour of a local Bushman village. If this seems familiar please pm me any information. Again, I am sorry for asking this question again.

Thanks all,

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I asked the same recently, so you might find some from that post or I hope the same great people respond.

My Post

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shona Hunting Adventures

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might also try Jan du Plessis at Sebra Safaris. I think it only took about 1.5 hrs. to drive to Etosha after our hunt. A friend and I hunted with Jan for 10 days, and then were joined by my friend's wife, daughter, and son. We spent about a week traveling through Etosha, Damaraland, and along the Skeleton Coast. PM me if you want additional information.

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Was Westfalen the one mentioned? They're right up in that area, have the small intimate camps and are within an hour or so of a himba village.

We're their US booking agent if you have any questions.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would email Lukas at "afrikajag.com". He can take care of you. Close to all the area's you are talking about including a camp in Damaraland. Lukas also has a place on the ocean and would be able to take you fishing there if you wanted to make that part of your trip. A couple of my friends did the tour and loved it. They both went back a second time. One is going back for a third trip next year. He can customize anything you would like.

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can vouch for Westfalen. Well run, and we had a great hunt.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. It may have been Sebra but I thought is was more of a Tent camp setting? In the same general area though.

Again, thanks for the help.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farbedo:
I can vouch for Westfalen. Well run, and we had a great hunt.

Jeremy

Ditto. Great outfit at great prices. Lot's of game up that way!

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Leopard Legend Hunting Safaris....they offer some great free range hunts.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote